The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The US is a Muslim nation?

2 posters

Go down

The US is a Muslim nation? Empty The US is a Muslim nation?

Post  LTRT Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Barack Hussein Obama: US "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world"
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/06/03/barack_hussein_obama_us_one_of_the_largest_muslim_countries_in_the_world

It is important to note that "if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world". So says President Barack Obama.

The average claim for the US Muslim population is about six million. The precise figure is difficult to get because it's not included in US census data and many put the figure at much, much less.

But even if we assume there are six million Muslims in the US, that makes it only the 34th biggest Muslim country in the world - behind Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Nigeria, China, Ethiopia, Algeria, Morocco, Afghanistan, Sudan, Iraq, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Tanzania, Syria, Malaysia, Niger, Senegal, Ghana, Tunisia, Somalia, Guinea, Kenya, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Burkina Faso and Tajikistan.

Must be that 'fuzzy-math' thing again.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

The US is a Muslim nation? Empty Re: The US is a Muslim nation?

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:41 pm

LTRT wrote:Barack Hussein Obama: US "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world"
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/06/03/barack_hussein_obama_us_one_of_the_largest_muslim_countries_in_the_world

It is important to note that "if you actually took the number of Muslim Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world". So says President Barack Obama.

The average claim for the US Muslim population is about six million. The precise figure is difficult to get because it's not included in US census data and many put the figure at much, much less.

But even if we assume there are six million Muslims in the US, that makes it only the 34th biggest Muslim country in the world - behind Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Turkey, Egypt, Iran, Nigeria, China, Ethiopia, Algeria, Morocco, Afghanistan, Sudan, Iraq, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Tanzania, Syria, Malaysia, Niger, Senegal, Ghana, Tunisia, Somalia, Guinea, Kenya, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Burkina Faso and Tajikistan.

1) where did the "average claim of 6M" come from ... huh?
2) Did you want him to say we are the 35th. largest if in fact the 6M number is right.

FAIL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm

Bman wrote:1) where did the "average claim of 6M" come from ... huh?
2) Did you want him to say we are the 35th. largest if in fact the 6M number is right.

FAIL

Here are a few numbers from everybody's source for info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

The following are a few of these disputed estimates:
1.1 million (2001) City University of New York - American Religious Identification Survey [0.5% of national adult population][39]
1.6 million (2000) Glenmary Research Center [0.5% of national population][40]
1.8 million (2007) 0.6% of population (2007 est.) The World Factbook[41]
1.9 million (2001) American Jewish Committee [0.6% of national population][42]
2.0 million (2000) Hartford Institute for Religious Research [0.7% of national population][43]
2.4 million (2007) Pew Research Center[44][45]
4.7 million (2005) Encyclopędia Britannica Book of the Year [1.5% of national population][46]
6-7 million (2001) Council on American-Islamic Relations - The Mosque in America: A National Portrait[47]
6.7 million (1997) J. Ilyas Ba-Yunus [2.2% of national population][48]
7 to 8 million (2008) Newsweek[49]

I want him to speak the truth, so you FAIL with your irrelevant response.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:08 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:1) where did the "average claim of 6M" come from ... huh?

FAIL

Here are a few numbers from everybody's source for info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_States

The following are a few of these disputed estimates:
1.1 million (2001) City University of New York - American Religious Identification Survey [0.5% of national adult population][39]
1.6 million (2000) Glenmary Research Center [0.5% of national population][40]
1.8 million (2007) 0.6% of population (2007 est.) The World Factbook[41]
1.9 million (2001) American Jewish Committee [0.6% of national population][42]
2.0 million (2000) Hartford Institute for Religious Research [0.7% of national population][43]
2.4 million (2007) Pew Research Center[44][45]
4.7 million (2005) Encyclopędia Britannica Book of the Year [1.5% of national population][46]
6-7 million (2001) Council on American-Islamic Relations - The Mosque in America: A National Portrait[47]
6.7 million (1997) J. Ilyas Ba-Yunus [2.2% of national population][48]
7 to 8 million (2008) Newsweek[49]

I want him to speak the truth, so you FAIL with your irrelevant response.

Oh now that is sweet ... you want the truth about the muslim population in the united states but you could give a shit about the truth about why we went to war with Iraq. Yea, you are the flucking truth squad. HILARIOUS

OWNED
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Typical leftist response as always, I'm suprised you didn't say Bush lied - Soldiers died. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm

And I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling board posters...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:30 pm

LTRT wrote:Typical leftist response as always, I'm suprised you didn't say Bush lied - Soldiers died. Rolling Eyes

LOL ... you carry the right wing play book around telling you what to cry about and what to pretend you were harmed by ... You were taught to blindly follow though ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:37 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:Typical leftist response as always, I'm suprised you didn't say Bush lied - Soldiers died. Rolling Eyes

LOL ... you carry the right wing play book around telling you what to cry about and what to pretend you were harmed by ... You were taught to blindly follow though ...

Kettle, make sure to give the boss a bow when you meet him.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:00 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

Kettle, make sure to give the boss a bow when you meet him.

First, trust me ... 8 years ago was not critical of Bush yet ... I was open minded enough to consider voting for him ( I did not and either did a vast majority of Americans) and I gave him my support until he 1) stopped funding embroyonic stem cell research 2) supported a constitutional admendment banning same sex marriage and 3) launched the Iraq war. I gave him tons of leeway and still today would love to meet the guy and sit down and talk and would show him the ultimate respect. You on the other hand are so classless that you are acting just like Rush ... are you calling Sotomayor a racist too? You want Obama to fail which means our country will fail etc ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Bman wrote:...You on the other hand are so classless...

Take a coffee break and jog your memory to your relentless campaign posts.

Bman wrote:...You want Obama to fail which means our country will fail etc ...

I'm not the one warning the party in charge to stop the endless spending. scratch
Bernanke Warns Deficits Threaten Financial Stability
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=agmj05AcqWHo&refer=worldwide
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:31 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:Barack Hussein Obama: US "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world"

1) where did the "average claim of 6M" come from ... huh?

FAIL

Obama said the number was 7 million muslims in American this morning on his speech in Cairo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down