The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the cairo speech

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the cairo speech Empty the cairo speech

Post  floridafun Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:58 pm

i was so proud of obamas speech. oh and fyi it wasnt the same on faux that it was everywhere else. the right man at the right time in the right place.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

the cairo speech Empty Re: the cairo speech

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:47 am

floridafun wrote:i was so proud of obamas speech. oh and fyi it wasnt the same on faux that it was everywhere else. the right man at the right time in the right place.

Interesting that the Foxnews ratings trounce all other competitors when in comes to cable news. Here is evidence that Foxnews appeals to both democrats and republicans. FF watches Foxnews. Someone like myself doesn't see a reason to watch CNN or MSNBC. I like my news fair and balanced.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:59 am

i think the reason their ratings are so high is the entertainment/humor value of their reporting and opinions. thats why i check them out regularly, along with worldnutdaily website.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:09 pm

floridafun wrote:i think the reason their ratings are so high is the entertainment/humor value of their reporting and opinions. thats why i check them out regularly, along with worldnutdaily website.

They do have Dennis Miller on regularly and his comedy is hilarious. He had a Pelosi crack the other day that was just hilarious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:08 pm

FF...what do you mean it wasn't the same on FOX News as it was everywhere else? What does that mean?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:FF...what do you mean it wasn't the same on FOX News as it was everywhere else? What does that mean?

Good question because when I saw the speech on Foxnews all I heard was Obama talking. I don't know what was different on the other channels. Maybe Chris Mathews got another thrill up his leg or something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:FF...what do you mean it wasn't the same on FOX News as it was everywhere else? What does that mean?

i didnt watch the actual speech on faux but did watch some commentary and figured they were using vid references directly from speech as said in speech. what i saw didnt match what i knew i saw of the actual speech. so i should have said according to the commentary and how the one i saw was spliced...

http://mediamatters.org/research/200906040053
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 pm

Looks to me like your media matters' website is nothing more than the Left's answer to the Drudge Report... Wink

They might as well have just named it www.wef'inhatefoxnews.com. Seems more appropriate.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm

floridafun wrote:

i didnt watch the actual speech on faux but did watch some commentary and figured they were using vid references directly from speech as said in speech. what i saw didnt match what i knew i saw of the actual speech. so i should have said according to the commentary and how the one i saw was spliced...

Since Hannity is a talk show personality on fox, then do you believe all of fox news is taken out of context? Only reason I ask this isn't Keith Oberlin, Chris Matthews the equivalent on MSNBC? Should all the news programs be looked at as bias since they all skew things to meet their viewing audience?

Just think you are lumping all of fox news in one category because of their personalities but not holding the other news organizations to the same standard with their personalities commentary. Because their view meets your needs and not necessarily the real facts either.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:33 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Looks to me like your media matters' website is nothing more than the Left's answer to the Drudge Report... Wink

They might as well have just named it www.wef'inhatefoxnews.com. Seems more appropriate.

Someone has to attempt to correct the lies and fabrications of Fox News. If some blogger wants to track MSNBC and CNN's errors have at it ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:36 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
floridafun wrote:

Since Hannity is a talk show personality on fox, then do you believe all of fox news is taken out of context? Only reason I ask this isn't Keith Oberlin, Chris Matthews the equivalent on MSNBC? Should all the news programs be looked at as bias since they all skew things to meet their viewing audience?

Just think you are lumping all of fox news in one category because of their personalities but not holding the other news organizations to the same standard with their personalities commentary. Because their view meets your needs and not necessarily the real facts either.

Yes, MSNBC and CNN are left of center and yes Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow are liberal but that said I can count on CM and RM to hammer liberals for doing and saying stupid shit. Where was Fox New's outrage of LIMBO saying he hoped Obama failed, or the outrage with Newt and Rush calling Sotomayor a reverse racist? That outrage was the same place where the outrage was when Fox News called Obama a terrorist and his wife and his fist bump a "muslim terrorist signal" ... please, Fox News is NOT credible EVER.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:45 pm

I'm trying to figure out why, in this thread, the conservatives have not acknowledged any concerns over the accuracy of the information they consume? It also could be said that no conservative leaning member of this board has even acknowledged that news mashing is taking place under the flag of Fox News.

Will there be a response from either the Fox News viewers, or the conservative-leaning board members, about the quality of information from Fox? Should Scooby's comments [paraphrased] RE: "Hannity is not Fox news - he's a contributor" represent the group response?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:56 pm

You know, I was watching that clip LTRT posted and the thought occurred to me that Evan Thomas either has a shitty producer or he's a complete ass. A comment like this, could be viewed as blasphemous no matter if it was said about Obama or any other human.

... not to mention it lacks creativity and is a stretch to begin with.

It is noteworthy however that this fits into radical religious right's scary bedtime stories. It stokes fears that the sky is falling. Fear for your lives over things outside of your sphere of control.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:14 pm

meta4 wrote:You know, I was watching that clip LTRT posted and the thought occurred to me that Evan Thomas either has a shitty producer or he's a complete ass. A comment like this, could be viewed as blasphemous no matter if it was said about Obama or any other human.

It is noteworthy however that this fits into radical religious right's scary bedtime stories. It stokes fears that the sky is falling. Fear for your lives over things outside of your sphere of control.

But it doesn't fit into the category of the love affair the media has with the Prez and that he cannot do any wrong or be criticized whatsoever? scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:24 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:You know, I was watching that clip LTRT posted and the thought occurred to me that Evan Thomas either has a shitty producer or he's a complete ass. A comment like this, could be viewed as blasphemous no matter if it was said about Obama or any other human.

But it doesn't fit into the category of the love affair the media has with the Prez and that he cannot do any wrong or be criticized whatsoever? scratch

So the Fox New's criticism of the Obama's doing the terrorist fist jab was appropriate ... or it was appropriate for Bill O'Rielly to call Dr. Tiller Dr. Killer?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:26 pm

LTRT wrote:

Well, I'm sure he can be, and do wrong. He has publicly admitted "wrongs" several times since he took office. The one that comes to mind is the Special Olympics comment. It's hard to attack someone or make a topic news worthy after he immediately recognizes such as a mistake and makes an apology.

Was there a particular thing you want him to admit is wrong and apologize for? I suppose an answer I can expect is "healthcare, spending, foreign policy, etc." or "all of it".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:28 pm

So, the question goes unanswered, or one could say it was answered by another question.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Hooah!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:49 pm

meta4 wrote:I'm trying to figure out why, in this thread, the conservatives have not acknowledged any concerns over the accuracy of the information they consume? It also could be said that no conservative leaning member of this board has even acknowledged that news mashing is taking place under the flag of Fox News.

Will there be a response from either the Fox News viewers, or the conservative-leaning board members, about the quality of information from Fox? Should Scooby's comments [paraphrased] RE: "Hannity is not Fox news - he's a contributor" represent the group response?

I'm sorry. Between the hockey and nba finals I haven't had time to watch Foxnews or any of the extremist liberal channels. tsk tsk tsk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:46 pm

For the record, FOX News removed the anchor that made the "terrorist fist jab" comment...which happened almost exactly one year ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/13/television.barackobama

Fox News anchor ED Hill has lost her show a week after suggesting Barack Obama and his wife Michelle's on-stage victory gesture could be seen as a "terrorist fist jab".

Hill, the anchor of Fox News show America's Pulse, made the comment last Friday after Obama and his wife affectionately bumped fists before his victory speech on becoming the Democratic candidate for president.

"A fist bump? A pound? A terrorist fist jab? The gesture everyone seems to interpret differently," said Hill in her show. "We'll show you some interesting body communication and find out what it really says."

According to US media reports Hill, who has been with Fox News Channel since 1998, has now lost her show although she is to stay with the network in an as yet undetermined capacity.

Hill apologised for the gaffe live on-air at the start of her show on Tuesday.

"I want to start the show by clarifying something I said on the show about an upcoming body language segment. Now I mentioned various ways the Obama's fist pump in St Paul's had been characterised in the media," she said.

"I apologise because unfortunately, some thought I personally had characterised it inappropriately. I regret that. It was not my intention. And I certainly didn't mean to associate the word 'terrorist' in any way with Senator Obama and his wife," Hill added.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:09 pm

meta4 wrote:Will there be a response from either the Fox News viewers, or the conservative-leaning board members, about the quality of information from Fox? Should Scooby's comments [paraphrased] RE: "Hannity is not Fox news - he's a contributor" represent the group response?
Hmmm, I'll say "Yes" and "Yes". But then again I don't know if I really understand your question.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:34 pm

I wasn't really trying to pose anything special. I watch parts of all the news channels (MSNBC, CNN, FOX), but get most of the days news off the evening news where I tape NBC news. I just find all the channels have there special hosts (for lack of a better term) i.e. Hannity, Chris Matthews, Wolf, etc that push the liberal or conservative agenda. I would love just the facts, no hype either way. However, I do watch Fox Business channel and prefer it over CNBC for my business news that I really care the most about. Although, recently CNBC has been having some great specials on at night that I have enjoyed.

For the record though I hate Fox's morning show (I just don't like the format/hosts) and prefer CNN's morning show.

I also get a majority of the news from print USA Today. I enjoy that newspaper greatly.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:23 am

meta4 wrote:I'm trying to figure out why, in this thread, the conservatives have not acknowledged any concerns over the accuracy of the information they consume? It also could be said that no conservative leaning member of this board has even acknowledged that news mashing is taking place under the flag of Fox News.

minimal response because---they love to hate? because they see nothing wrong with proven lie-based inflammetory rhetoric? because the made-up fear manufacturing supports hatred and bigotry nationwide that is in line with their opinions? because after all the libs hated what bush actually did--his lying and secrecy and deception so whatever it takes to pay back those who were/are critical of neocons its fair game even if there is little truth to any of it? just tossing out some of the thoughts about some responses that havent been stated but feel most apparent to me. elephant
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:27 am

SPOT ON Florida!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down