The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

+2
floridafun
IrishGuy
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech Empty Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:53 pm

What a great victory and an even better speech by Barack Obama. I really look forward to seeing Obama and McCain sharing a stage.

May the best man win!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech Empty Re: Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

Post  IrishGuy Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 am

Did I see him give "daps" (the knuckles to knuckles sort of hand shake) to his wife before his speech?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech Empty Re: Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

Post  floridafun Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:58 am

it was an awsome speech and i am so pleased he got his delegate count. still have some concerns about hillarys intent for between now and november. but her speech COULD be taken as a beginning of unifying her supporters toward the party...altho she still insists she is the best candidate and has the popular vote in which her count disenfranchises all his overwhelming winnings in caucus-only states LOL!

she kinda inferred heavily on her health care thing being her biggest concern and why she ran..which was in line with obama speech saying she WILL be a strong part of his health care development. so does that mean she will accept heading up his healthcare in his appointments? will she settle for not being his vp? i just felt she was leaving wiggle room and could be considering an independent run.

long as hillary doesnt split off i am sure obama has the job!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 am

The quicker she puts a cork in it... won't be quick enough!

If I'd meet her I'd shake her hand, tell her it was a nice try, "Now get back to the hole you crawled out of already!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:18 pm

I took a dump last night.. seems about as newsworthy...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:01 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Did I see him give "daps" (the knuckles to knuckles sort of hand shake) to his wife before his speech?

My two year old does that. Yes, you saw him do it too...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:13 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I took a dump last night.. seems about as newsworthy...

You say he has no plans but you won't read his website nor listen to his speeches ... hmmm?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Bman wrote:

You say he has no plans but you won't read his website nor listen to his speeches ... hmmm?

Yea, I've noticed that too... not to so blatantly call a buddy out, but I seem to remember after I went into detail about Obama's healthcare platform, card posted a week of so later that he hasnt heard anyone share any details about his platform.

Seriously, it's been an Obama bashfest in here: J. Wright, 57 states, never been proud in my adult life, hussein, rhymes with osama, blah blah
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:39 pm

pez wrote:
Seriously, it's been an Obama bashfest in here: J. Wright, 57 states, never been proud in my adult life, hussein, rhymes with osama, blah blah
It's been an Obama bashfest only because certain individuals make it sound like he can do no wrong. No one has been out here waving their pom pons for Clinton or McCain. I mean you're a Colts fan right? If I went on the sports threads and started 8 threads per day (ok, maybe slight exaggeration) talking up the Patriots and how they were the best team in the NFL and how no one come even close to them next year, I would get some negative responses. But I wouldn't have much ground to stand on if I said everyone is bashing the Patriots then.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:45 pm

Markwes wrote:
pez wrote:
It's been an Obama bashfest only because certain individuals make it sound like he can do no wrong. No one has been out here waving their pom pons for Clinton or McCain. I mean you're a Colts fan right? If I went on the sports threads and started 8 threads per day (ok, maybe slight exaggeration) talking up the Patriots and how they were the best team in the NFL and how no one come even close to them next year, I would get some negative responses. But I wouldn't have much ground to stand on if I said everyone is bashing the Patriots then.

Nah, that's cool... I can take it... The problem is Obama is the best candidate the dems have put forth in 30 years, and the Patriots are cheating f'ing bastards and if you even mention Jesus around Chris Collisworth, the next two words out of his mouth will be "Tom Brady".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:08 pm

pez wrote:
Nah, that's cool... I can take it... The problem is Obama is the best candidate the dems have put forth in 30 years, and the Patriots are cheating f'ing bastards and if you even mention Jesus around Chris Collisworth, the next two words out of his mouth will be "Tom Brady".
That's only because Collinsworth forgot how to say Kenny Anderson and Boomer Esiason... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:18 pm

pez wrote:
Bman wrote:

Yea, I've noticed that too... not to so blatantly call a buddy out, but I seem to remember after I went into detail about Obama's healthcare platform, card posted a week of so later that he hasnt heard anyone share any details about his platform.

That may have been me asking about Obama's healthcare platform.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech Empty A Fair read ... even the Obama bashers here at work agree

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:19 pm

For those that want the differences between Obama and McCain on the economy here they are ... read, please.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/04/news/economy/mccain_obama_econplans/index.htm?postversion=2008060412
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:44 am

Bman wrote:For those that want the differences between Obama and McCain on the economy here they are ... read, please.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/04/news/economy/mccain_obama_econplans/index.htm?postversion=2008060412

No comments from the peanut gallery about the different approaches? As I read this piece I was stunned at how there is nothing ... NOTHING at all different with McCains approach to the economy than George Bush's .... is McCain the "right" change as he says. LOL

Oh .. and he "A Leader We Can Believe In" ... LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:47 am

Bman wrote:
Bman wrote:For those that want the differences between Obama and McCain on the economy here they are ... read, please.

No comments from the peanut gallery about the different approaches? As I read this piece I was stunned at how there is nothing ... NOTHING at all different with McCains approach to the economy than George Bush's .... is McCain the "right" change as he says. LOL

The only thing worth noting is the last sentence "Despite the candidates' promises, experts are skeptical that either candidates' economic proposals when taken as a whole could be fiscally sound."
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:53 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

The only thing worth noting is the last sentence "Despite the candidates' promises, experts are skeptical that either candidates' economic proposals when taken as a whole could be fiscally sound."

Yeah LT. I read the same thing and pretty much thought that from the first sentence. Sorry BMAN, too much smoke in my eyes right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 am

Bman wrote:

I'm still looking for that elusive peanut gallery. Thanks for the info Bman. It's a nice compacted comparison of the 2 candidates. I don't really care about their economic policies all that much. Interesting stuff though.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:58 am

pez wrote:
Bman wrote:

Come on now... have you ever met an intelligent person who said we had 57 states? That alone should eliminate him from being able to run for President.. but maybe I hold basic education of the United States in a little higher regard than most..

Also.. you posted details about ONE aspect of his platform.. and his ideas are almost identical to Hillary's, which was something I was trying to get you guys to realize.

BUT.. I also had no interest in learning about him because I have no interest in the differences between Hillary and Obama, let one of them win, then I'll start to take an interest. Similarly.. I haven't done much research on McCain because there's no point, he wasn't really running for anything because there was no one to run against up until a couple days ago.

Now that we actually have one candidate from each party, I'll start to compare. So far here's what I know.. Obama is running on a platform of change and his personal character. But don't ask any questions about people that formed his character, because that's attacking him, and if you look for examples of his change you'll find some laws here and there he's passed.. and while I agree with them and the idea behind them, Congress holds more power to change than the Presidency, and he's not moving any mountains there like he claims to want to do.

McCain is old, pandered to the religious right to get the nomination, and looks like the Video Professor guy (his commercial is on now). I don't care for his immigrant amnesty ideas, but he understands that you don't raise taxes when the economy is slowing down, and he believes in personal responsibility (don't bail out the mortgage companies), and I don't see him taking any crap from any foreign leaders should we get into any sticky situations. And most importantly, I think he's seen "Charlie Wilson's War" and understands that running from Iraq will only create more problems for us in the future.. something the Dem's seem hell bent on ignoring.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 am

Couple quick points ...

One, Markwes, you say economic policy does not matter in this election, that was kind of shocking as it is the #1 issue to most americans. I would think McCain would try to make economics the central theme to this election since the public is overwhelmingly against the Iraq War.

Two, glad to hear Card makes his Presidential choice based upon a Tom Hanks movie ... I guess that means Card would vote for Forrest Gump! lol Life is just like a box of chocolates.

You guys just always ask for policies from Obama and policies don't matter ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:26 am

IrishGuy wrote:Did I see him give "daps" (the knuckles to knuckles sort of hand shake) to his wife before his speech?

A little expose' of the daps...
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/06/04/moos.political.fist.bump.cnn

...and that's alot to slap. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 am

LTRT wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/06/04/moos.political.fist.bump.cnn

Watching politicians in suits trying to bowl while posing for snapshots! That was entertaining!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:50 am

LTRT wrote:

I would have like to seen them do that jump and run into each other in midair like football players do after a touchdown.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am

LTRT wrote:

I liked the slappy guys at the pool table the best.

Glad to know the fist bumping is called "daps"...but I'll settle for the more manly version I have with my kids..."the rock"
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Come on now... have you ever met an intelligent person who said we had 57 states? That alone should eliminate him from being able to run for President.. but maybe I hold basic education of the United States in a little higher regard than most..

Also.. you posted details about ONE aspect of his platform.. and his ideas are almost identical to Hillary's, which was something I was trying to get you guys to realize.

BUT.. I also had no interest in learning about him because I have no interest in the differences between Hillary and Obama, let one of them win, then I'll start to take an interest. Similarly.. I haven't done much research on McCain because there's no point, he wasn't really running for anything because there was no one to run against up until a couple days ago.

Now that we actually have one candidate from each party, I'll start to compare. So far here's what I know.. Obama is running on a platform of change and his personal character. But don't ask any questions about people that formed his character, because that's attacking him, and if you look for examples of his change you'll find some laws here and there he's passed.. and while I agree with them and the idea behind them, Congress holds more power to change than the Presidency, and he's not moving any mountains there like he claims to want to do.

McCain is old, pandered to the religious right to get the nomination, and looks like the Video Professor guy (his commercial is on now). I don't care for his immigrant amnesty ideas, but he understands that you don't raise taxes when the economy is slowing down, and he believes in personal responsibility (don't bail out the mortgage companies), and I don't see him taking any crap from any foreign leaders should we get into any sticky situations. And most importantly, I think he's seen "Charlie Wilson's War" and understands that running from Iraq will only create more problems for us in the future.. something the Dem's seem hell bent on ignoring.

No, but I have heard people say "country" when they meant to say "continent", or "state" when they meant to say "city"... The guy obviusly knows there are 50 states, and obviously made a mistake Like humans do.

As far as asking about the people that formed his character? Dont you think that is a bit of a stretch? I mean seriously, look around at all your friends and associates and ask yourself how many of these people helped form your character? The fact is, no one really knows what sort of sway any of these people have on Obama.

That's twice you have mentioned Charlie Wilson's War and characterized it as an accurate depiction of how things were/are handled in Washington. As I said before, it's a great movie, but it's a movie, written by liberal hollywood script writers, about a senator known as the "liberal from Lufkin." I seriously doubt McCain is taking any ideologies from The real or imagined Charlie Wilson. After all, I doubt he would want people to count Charlie Wilson ammong those that formed his character rabbit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:20 pm

Bman wrote:Couple quick points ...

One, Markwes, you say economic policy does not matter in this election, that was kind of shocking as it is the #1 issue to most americans. I would think McCain would try to make economics the central theme to this election since the public is overwhelmingly against the Iraq War.
That's because most Americans apparently don't realize that the economy is driven by the free market. Sure the economy affects me. So does the quality of my drinking water but I'm not looking to see where the candidates stand on it. Foriegn policy on the other hand is obviously critical for a presidential candidate.

Bman wrote:You guys just always ask for policies from Obama and policies don't matter ...
Didn't I post something saying thanks for providing the link? I only said economic policy doesn't matter to me so much as I mentioned above, not all policies.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next