The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

+2
floridafun
IrishGuy
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Mark I agree our economy is a free market economy but there are items that can influence the direction the economy takes and that is what economic policy is all about. I think one needs to be well aware of what each candidates economic policies are because those WILL drive this free market economy in the direction those policies influence.

I think on every issue Obama has the upper hand on McCain. Economy ... Obama says this economy sucks and 80% of Americans agree. The war in Iraq ... overwhelmingly the people want us out. The only reason this won't be a landslide is out of fear of his middle name and the people convincing others that he is a racist. I would go so far as to say that it is the people who are accusing Barack of being a racist are the ones who are in fact racist. I was discussing this with a guy who was NOT an Obama supporter and when I made that argument he lashed out and called a "N-word" lover. Who is the racist?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Victory .... did you listen to Barack's speech

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:31 pm

Bman wrote:Couple quick points ...

One, Markwes, you say economic policy does not matter in this election, that was kind of shocking as it is the #1 issue to most americans. I would think McCain would try to make economics the central theme to this election since the public is overwhelmingly against the Iraq War.

Two, glad to hear Card makes his Presidential choice based upon a Tom Hanks movie ... I guess that means Card would vote for Forrest Gump! lol Life is just like a box of chocolates.

You guys just always ask for policies from Obama and policies don't matter ...

Hey.. Forrest kicks ass... he can score touchdowns, carry wounded troops off the battlefield (even when getting shot in the buttocks), defeat the chinese in ping pong AND get ladies who are clearly out of his league into bed.. he's a renaissance man!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 pm

pez wrote:

No, but I have heard people say "country" when they meant to say "continent", or "state" when they meant to say "city"... The guy obviusly knows there are 50 states, and obviously made a mistake Like humans do.

Yes.. people do make mistakes.. however.. someone with what.. a Harvard education? and by all accounts who is highly intelligent.... but again.. maybe I place more emphasis on our nations history than most..

As far as asking about the people that formed his character? Dont you think that is a bit of a stretch? I mean seriously, look around at all your friends and associates and ask yourself how many of these people helped form your character? The fact is, no one really knows what sort of sway any of these people have on Obama.

See.. I disagree. I look at my family.. they formed my beliefs. My dad was a "lunchpail" type of worker, he showed up everyday, did his best and was happy to have a job. Never took a shortcut if it meant cheating someone and always lived up to his word. That's what I was taught. My friends are teachers and police officers (mostly). As such, I have a high respect for education and the law. I have friends who also sell the "herb" and I really don't associate with them anymore because of it. It's their choice, that's fine.. but I'm not going to be around it... again.. my choice.

So yes.. I place a LOT of emphasis on character (when that's a key point for someone) on the people around them. But maybe that's just me.

That's twice you have mentioned Charlie Wilson's War and characterized it as an accurate depiction of how things were/are handled in Washington. As I said before, it's a great movie, but it's a movie, written by liberal hollywood script writers, about a senator known as the "liberal from Lufkin." I seriously doubt McCain is taking any ideologies from The real or imagined Charlie Wilson. After all, I doubt he would want people to count Charlie Wilson ammong those that formed his character rabbit

I like the movie.. yes.. and I know it's an exaggeration.. but I think the message at the end is VERY important, and that's really my only point about the movie. We've spent billions in Iraq (like in Afghanistan) and we need to do a lot to EDUCATE the people there. We can't just pull out and not do anything for them simply because we want our "boys" home. I'd love to have all our troops within our boarders, but we have a responsibility as the "big brother" nation to take care of things around the world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Bman wrote:
Bman wrote:For those that want the differences between Obama and McCain on the economy here they are ... read, please.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/04/news/economy/mccain_obama_econplans/index.htm?postversion=2008060412

No comments from the peanut gallery about the different approaches? As I read this piece I was stunned at how there is nothing ... NOTHING at all different with McCains approach to the economy than George Bush's .... is McCain the "right" change as he says. LOL

Oh .. and he "A Leader We Can Believe In" ... LOL

I looked at the article and also clicked the links that went to economist comments about the plan of the candidates. They all agree it is fuzzy math.
"It's a good thing they're not running for accountant in chief.

When it comes to selling their economic proposals as fiscally responsible, all three presidential candidates have managed to do some funny math. "

Obama isn't going to shrink the deficit. The Dem's proposal are going to cost more than they say.

McCain getting rid of the AMT isn't going to help the deficit. ETC. ETC...
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 am

I too was quite curious as to how McCain was going to eliminate the AMT. For that matter, I'm really curious as to what congress is going to do next year regardless. AMT is a headache that the next president will inherit and could determine if they spend 4 or 8 years in office.

For all the talk about economy and jobs, if you screw people on their taxes, they'll remember.. "read my lips".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2