The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cash for Clunkers

+7
SavoyTruffle
Scooby01_98
Pez
floridafun
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
11 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Cash for Clunkers - Page 6 Empty Re: Cash for Clunkers

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 am

Bman wrote:
Pez wrote:I wonder if the people working the OT at GM to in order to increase production want the dealers to stop C4C... just sayin...

The govt needs to come out and say that all says made by such and such date will be paid the $4500 if the vehicle qualifies, if I was a dealer I would be worried that I might offer someone the rebate and then be told it is all gone. Congress and the Senate should have put a date not a dollar figure on the program.

This program has been WILDLY successful contrary to what LTRT tries to spin.

Haha, look at you back-peddling now. Didn't you email Ray LaHood with your suggestion before it launched?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:15 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
Pez wrote:I wonder if the people working the OT at GM to in order to increase production want the dealers to stop C4C... just sayin...

The govt needs to come out and say that all says made by such and such date will be paid the $4500 if the vehicle qualifies, if I was a dealer I would be worried that I might offer someone the rebate and then be told it is all gone. Congress and the Senate should have put a date not a dollar figure on the program.

Haha, look at you back-peddling now. Didn't you email Ray LaHood with your suggestion before it launched?

Back-peddling WTF????? I am calling it wildly successful and stating it probably should have been unlimited dollars but a time frame.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:24 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

Back-peddling WTF????? I am calling it wildly successful and stating it probably should have been unlimited dollars but a time frame.

Who are you to question this adminstation's programs? affraid
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:52 am

Wow, unlimited dollars. Yeah, we can always just take more out of that ATM.

I guess anytime the government gives away free money and the public takes it, it's "wildly successful".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:54 am

Markwes wrote:Wow, unlimited dollars. Yeah, we can always just take more out of that ATM.

I guess anytime the government gives away free money and the public takes it, it's "wildly successful".

Did anyone on this board take advantage of the program? I only know of one person to take advantage and he is a GM employee, got an $19,000 Cobalt for about $7,500 after his price and all the rebates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:01 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:Wow, unlimited dollars. Yeah, we can always just take more out of that ATM.

Did anyone on this board take advantage of the program? I only know of one person to take advantage and he is a GM employee, got an $19,000 Cobalt for about $7,500 after his price and all the rebates.

Ooooh, a Gov't Motors employee, go figure. What a wild success... drunken
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:01 am

Bman wrote:

Well since you asked...nope, didn't do it. I enjoy having vehicles that run well and no car payment. Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 pm

I just found this on a website... all I can say is, WOW!!!

"Data grab insanity"

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/682.html
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:55 pm

iberlingirl wrote:I just found this on a website... all I can say is, WOW!!!

"Data grab insanity"

This is really nothing new at all, and nothing to be worried about. In fact, you've probably already consented or "acknowledged" hundreds of similar notices.

And seriously, what idiot would think the Government needs your permission to investigate fraud? I hate Beck's stupidity. There is nothing quite as exquisite as a fool broadcasting about matters he is utterly ignorant of.

lol! Cash for Clunkers - Page 6 496511 Cash for Clunkers - Page 6 64140
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:54 pm

meta4 wrote:
iberlingirl wrote:I just found this on a website... all I can say is, WOW!!!

"Data grab insanity"

This is really nothing new at all, and nothing to be worried about. In fact, you've probably already consented or "acknowledged" hundreds of similar notices.

And seriously, what idiot would think the Government needs your permission to investigate fraud? I hate Beck's stupidity. There is nothing quite as exquisite as a fool broadcasting about matters he is utterly ignorant of.

lol! Cash for Clunkers - Page 6 496511 Cash for Clunkers - Page 6 64140
Thought there was a catch somewhere... tells ya that I do not pay much attention to fine print unfortunately.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:59 pm

iberlingirl wrote:Thought there was a catch somewhere... tells ya that I do not pay much attention to fine print unfortunately.

Guilty here too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:34 pm

Cash for clunkers program will end Monday at 8 p.m. ET, Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says.

na na na na, hey hey, good bye.... Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:45 pm

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090904/GJNEWS_01/709049864/-1/FOSBUSINESS

Waiting to receive thousands of dollars in rebates from the federal Cash for Clunkers program has not been easy for auto dealers like Dan Forget, owner of Somersworth Nissan.

He said nearly all 60 customers who purchased new vehicles under the program were given the same option. To date, Forget said the dealership has received rebate payments on 34 of those vehicles.

Funny that the government set a deadline for the day after the program ended for dealers to get paperwork done, and yet they are taking their sweet time compensating the dealers.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Markwes wrote:http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090904/GJNEWS_01/709049864/-1/FOSBUSINESS

Waiting to receive thousands of dollars in rebates from the federal Cash for Clunkers program has not been easy for auto dealers like Dan Forget, owner of Somersworth Nissan.

He said nearly all 60 customers who purchased new vehicles under the program were given the same option. To date, Forget said the dealership has received rebate payments on 34 of those vehicles.

Funny that the government set a deadline for the day after the program ended for dealers to get paperwork done, and yet they are taking their sweet time compensating the dealers.
Probably just waiting for the check to clear from the Chinese... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:52 pm

Actually think the dept of transportation set the deadline to have them all paid by 9/30/09. Have to see how close they come.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090904/GJNEWS_01/709049864/-1/FOSBUSINESS

Probably just waiting for the check to clear from the Chinese... Laughing
That one gave me rare audible chuckle. Cash for Clunkers - Page 6 795451
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:50 pm

White House fights back on Cash for Clunkers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/White-House-fights-back-on-cnnm-1013109965.html?x=0&.v=3

Is there anything this administration won't cry about?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm

LTRT wrote:White House fights back on Cash for Clunkers
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/White-House-fights-back-on-cnnm-1013109965.html?x=0&.v=3

They should think things out before whining about it. So half of the 3.5% GDP was cash for clunkers, then I wonder how bad the GDP is going to be for the 4th quarter. Not thinking it is going to be much over 1% if we are lucky.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
LTRT wrote:White House fights back on Cash for Clunkers

They should think things out before whining about it. So half of the 3.5% GDP was cash for clunkers, then I wonder how bad the GDP is going to be for the 4th quarter. Not thinking it is going to be much over 1% if we are lucky.

LOL, and when the media reports it, they'll use their favorite word......"unexpectedly"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6