The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cash for Clunkers

+7
SavoyTruffle
Scooby01_98
Pez
floridafun
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
11 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cash for Clunkers - Page 4 Empty Re: Cash for Clunkers

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 pm

sliptap wrote:
Seriously though, get a clue man...because you're WAAAY off the deep end.
Most of us here just kind of take that for granted at this point.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 pm

Markwes wrote:
sliptap wrote:
Seriously though, get a clue man...because you're WAAAY off the deep end.
Most of us here just kind of take that for granted at this point.
I will say this, I admire Bman's passion and fire that he has for his opinions. There, I'm done butt-kissing. Cash for Clunkers - Page 4 129520
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Markwes wrote:Most of us here just kind of take that for granted at this point.

Mark, you continue to be my favorite on both forums. Thank you. Cool
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:38 am

Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:...getting back on topic:

I love how our government is trying to use money incentives to try to determine what we purchase. It makes sense until you realize that you're actually just getting your own money back in the first place. Geeze, we'd be better with tax cuts, where we could spend the money on things we actually decide is necessary. affraid

and then the auto industry would fail and thousands would be unemployed and the trickle down to other industries would be devasting and our society crumbles ... Nice attempt to insure your FAILURE hope on America.

Whoa there nellie... this kinda smells like fear...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:17 am

I stand by my premise that the auto industry could not fail ... the failure of the auto industry very well could have led to the total melt down of our entire manufacturing base, this is not liberal speak, on this one I agree with Pat Buchanan as much as that pains me. People like Rush and Slip and Mark and all want America to fail under Obama so that the right wing can get back in power, they are more concerned with their power and their ability to reward their cronies that they will throw America under the bus ... heck the C Street crew probably tells them it is biblical.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:02 am

Bman wrote: heck the C Street crew probably tells them it is biblical.

LOL, "C Street crew". I wish they posted here!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 am

NOOOOOO! pig santa rendeer
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote: heck the C Street crew probably tells them it is biblical.

LOL, "C Street crew". I wish they posted here!
Isn't that Bruce Springsteen's band?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:34 pm

Bman wrote:People like Rush and Slip and Mark and all want America to fail under Obama so that the right wing can get back in power, they are more concerned with their power and their ability to reward their cronies that they will throw America under the bus ... heck the C Street crew probably tells them it is biblical.

Remember when I said you were a little off the deep end? Let me be a little more concise: you're drowning.

But while you're trying to play political God and determine for members of this forum why people like Mark or myself are against Obama, I might as well be a little concise again. I know you don't mean for anything you say to be taken personal, but let me drag you down to that level.

First and foremost, I do not want Obama to fail. I have never said that nor will I ever say it. Personally, I think his failure would (obviously) be the worst, most devastating thing for this country at this moment. Nor have I openly endorsed the right wing party. Hell, even Rush Limbaugh (but you, Bman, would never know this) has denounced the Republican party as being too weak, too progressive. And I agree 100%.

Personally, I'm against Obama's policies for big spending and his large government plans. I believe the smaller our the federal government, the better. As a person, I believe he has accomplished a lot! I believe his election is a small step towards breaking down racial barriers as well. But as for his political standpoints, no...as I'm sure you were against George W. Bush and openly denounced him. But it seems funny to me, that if anybody stands against President Obama when you're around, they seem to be against America...I never berated anyone who was against Pres. Bush, as that was their own political view that they were entitled.

I just turned 20, so I'm definitely not as old as many of the posters on this board. But that doesn't mean that I refuse to research my opinions...or that I was just given everything in life. I've worked hard for what I currently have and that work ethic has come from my parents. I currently have an academic scholarship to a big ten school and have received numerous academic and character/citizenship awards , so I must not be that stupid, irresponsible, or dishonest.

But, while at college, I finally got to witness a new election. "One for change!" Pfft...I saw my entire generation get taken advantage of, drinking the political koolaid of President Obama promising a better life. I saw my peers get sucked into the fray...and try to drag their friends down with them. Yet, when their political beliefs were questioned (by fellow peers like myself) they could not stick up for their beliefs. Hell, half of them had no idea what their beliefs were. I've seen it on the news, I've seen it at highschool during the primaries, I saw it at college during the primaries, and I've seen too many videos on Youtube proving it. So, I take full advantage of sharpening my political edge on this forum, so that I can continue to fight this ignorance. I've seen it happen once, I refuse to just let it happen again. Thus, I do what I can, and research, and discuss political topics with you fine members here.

It would be a disservice to myself and my generation to let persons like you, Bman, walk over my beliefs. So the next time you feel the need to question my patriotism, go cram your bullshit up your ass. Instead, go ahead and do some research...read some Thomas Jefferson quotes for example, and maybe you'll get a hint at what our country (and our government especially) really stands for.
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:39 pm

sliptap wrote:
Bman wrote:People like Rush and Slip and Mark and all want America to fail under Obama so that the right wing can get back in power, they are more concerned with their power and their ability to reward their cronies that they will throw America under the bus ... heck the C Street crew probably tells them it is biblical.

Remember when I said you were a little off the deep end? Let me be a little more concise: you're drowning.

But while you're trying to play political God and determine for members of this forum why people like Mark or myself are against Obama, I might as well be a little concise again. I know you don't mean for anything you say to be taken personal, let me drag you down to that level.

First and foremost, I do not want Obama to fail. I have never said that nor will I ever say that. Personally, I think his failure would (obviously) be the worst, most devastating thing for this country at this moment. Nor have I openly endorsed the right wing party. Hell, even Rush Limbaugh (but you, Bman, would never know this) has denounced the Republican party as being too weak, too progressive. And I agree 100%.

Personally, I'm against Obama's policies for big spending, large governmental plans. I believe the smaller our the federal government, the better. As a person, I believe he has accomplished a lot! I believe his election is a small step towards breaking down racial barriers as well. But as for his political standpoints, no...as I'm sure you were against George W. Bush and openly denounced him. But it seems funny to me, that if anybody stands against Obama when you're around, they seem to be against America...I never berated anyone who was against Pres. Bush, as that was their own political view that they were entitled.

I just turned 20, so I'm definitely not as old as many of the posters on this board. But that doesn't mean that I refuse to research my opinions...or that I was given everything. I've worked hard for what I currently have and that work ethic has come from my parents. I currently have an academic scholarship to a big ten school, so I must not be that stupid, irresponsible, or dishonest.

But, while at college, I finally got to witness a new election. "One for change!" Pfft...I saw my entire generation get taken advantage of, drinking the political koolaid of President Obama promising a better life. I saw my peers get sucked into the fray...and try to drag their friends down with them. Yet, when their political beliefs were questioned (by fellow peers like myself) they could not stick up for their beliefs. Hell, half of them had no idea what their beliefs were. I've seen it on the news, I've seen it during highschool during the primaries, I saw it at college during the primaries, and I've seen too many videos on Youtube proving it. So, I take full advantage of sharpening my political edge on this forum, so that I can continue to fight this ignorance. I've seen it happen once, I refuse to just let it happen again. Thus, I do what I can, and research, and discuss political topics with you fine members here.

It would be a disservice to myself and my generation to let persons like you, Bman, walk over my beliefs. So the next time you feel the need to question my patriotism, go cram your bullshit up your ass. Instead, go ahead and do some research...read some Thomas Jefferson quotes for example, and maybe you'll get a hint at what our country (and our government especially) really stands for.

Dude .... be more concise .... shit save your bullshit for an interview and then blow all this smoke up someone ass that might care.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 pm

Bman wrote:Dude .... be more concise .... shit save your bullshit for an interview and then blow all this smoke up someone ass that might care.

I lost him at 'First and foremost'. Nobody who drives a black pontiac grand prix should talk like that. Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Bman wrote:Dude .... be more concise .... shit save your bullshit for an interview and then blow all this smoke up someone ass that might care.

Lmfao, whatever. Be an ignorant asshole. I'm done with you.

meta4 wrote:I lost him at 'First and foremost'. Nobody who drives a black pontiac grand prix should talk like that.

Back under the bridge, troll.
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 pm

sliptap wrote:

meta4 wrote:I lost him at 'First and foremost'. Nobody who drives a black pontiac grand prix should talk like that.

Don't tell me you are done with me ... tell me it ain't so. Tell me the recent HS graduate is not going convince me Rush and Beck know what they are talking about. Get some real life experience under you belt, live a little and then form an opinion. Deal bucko? Until then you are just being an internet troll.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 pm

Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:

Don't tell me you are done with me ... tell me it ain't so. Tell me the recent HS graduate is not going convince me Rush and Beck know what they are talking about. Get some real life experience under you belt, live a little and then form an opinion. Deal bucko? Until then you are just being an internet troll.

So I guess that younger generation that put Obama in office should not vote or get involved in politics because they are just young and don't/can't understand politics or policies. Wow Bman you are a idiot against people that don't drink your koolaid.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:37 pm

ok ok it wasnt just the young voters..gimme credit where its due! cheers
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:12 pm

Bman wrote:Get some real life experience under you belt, live a little and then form an opinion. Deal bucko? Until then you are just being an internet troll.

It is funny that my age has never been a factor on this forum until now. It still isn't.

The fact that you belittle everyone because they don't follow you and the fact that you have NO care for the beliefs of any other members on this forum speaks for itself.
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:31 pm

Pez wrote:You are getting your own money back, but that $4500 credit (or whatever it is) should be prorated on the amount you pay in taxes etc...

The idea is to get that tax money into the economy, a lot of the "instant tax cuts" in the form of checks from the government were used to pay down debt... which is certainly a noble thing... but the goods and services that money purchased were built or consumed long ago... so the net effect on indistry would not be the same.

Yes, it would be nice to have things prorated like that...but then, that wouldn't be "fair" would it.

I'm just sick of our government blindly throwing money around....
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:

So I guess that younger generation that put Obama in office should not vote or get involved in politics because they are just young and don't/can't understand politics or policies. Wow Bman you are a idiot against people that don't drink your koolaid.

You are correct I don't tolerate the koolaid of Rush and Glenn Beck just like you Scooby don't drink the Obama koolaid ... how is ok for you guys to rip me and my beliefs and my koolaid but when I rip your koolaid then I am the idiot but you are not?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:06 pm

sliptap wrote:
Bman wrote:Get some real life experience under you belt, live a little and then form an opinion. Deal bucko? Until then you are just being an internet troll.

It is funny that my age has never been a factor on this forum until now. It still isn't.

The fact that you belittle everyone because they don't follow you and the fact that you have NO care for the beliefs of any other members on this forum speaks for itself.

I am just like Rush ... I belittle people who I disagree with .... you worship Rush .... now worship me damn it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Bman wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:

You are correct I don't tolerate the koolaid of Rush and Glenn Beck just like you Scooby don't drink the Obama koolaid ... how is ok for you guys to rip me and my beliefs and my koolaid but when I rip your koolaid then I am the idiot but you are not?

I ripped you for giving him crap about his age and worldly experience. Since I am probably the oldest one on here or close to it and since I have lived more places and experienced more of the country. Using your own comment then I should disregard everything you say since your just a youngster and can't possibly know as much as me. Twisted Evil
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:57 pm

Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:

I am just like Rush ... I belittle people who I disagree with .... you worship Rush .... now worship me damn it.

Should be easy. You'll be sitting on the left side of the congregation, fourth pew down. He's sat in the same pew for years and can really pass the plate well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:00 pm

floridafun wrote:ok ok it wasnt just the young voters..gimme credit where its due! cheers

We'll give you all the credit when the taxes go up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:

Should be easy. You'll be sitting on the left side of the congregation, fourth pew down. He's sat in the same pew for years and can really pass the plate well.
Crazy, I just realized I almost always sit right of center at church. Go figure...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 am

Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:ok ok it wasnt just the young voters..gimme credit where its due! cheers

We'll give you all the credit when the taxes go up.

If that is what it takes for our economy to succeed I will take the credit for the tax increase.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 am

sliptap wrote:

sliptap, i have had respect for you since i net-met with you. gotta say tho you are showing me a side i had not seen before. havent seen you calling people assholes or calling a consistent poster a troll or alot of other stuff you have said here recently. yes bman is adamant in his views..as are all of us here. yes this is a basically uncensored board and we say whatever we think..i just think you are over-reacting in anger to a couple folks.

shouldnt surprise me considering that your repub and all tongue ..i just never saw you respond this way to folks who disagree or poke at you.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next