The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moral Standards: Dems vs. Repubs

+3
floridafun
Canuck
Cincy Fan 44
7 posters

Go down

Moral Standards:  Dems vs. Repubs Empty Moral Standards: Dems vs. Repubs

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:44 am

Moral Standards:  Dems vs. Repubs Moralstandards

lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Moral Standards:  Dems vs. Repubs Empty Re: Moral Standards: Dems vs. Repubs

Post  Canuck Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Politicians have standards? Shocked
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:03 am

only when they are ostriscizing someone else who got caught doing what they themselves do but havent yet been caught ;-)
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:15 pm

That cartoon pretty much says it all! Wink
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Markwes wrote:That cartoon pretty much says it all! Wink

Pls how high of a standard did Senator Ensign have when he was screwing his friend and coworker and his family paying her off? LOL How high were Larry Craig's standards? lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 am

I care about a politician's ethics over morality. If Larry Craig wanted to get it from behind in an airport bathroom, I frankly dont care... if he is found with $96,000 in bribe money in his fridge, that's a different story.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:10 pm

Pez wrote:I care about a politician's ethics over morality. If Larry Craig wanted to get it from behind in an airport bathroom, I frankly dont care... if he is found with $96,000 in bribe money in his fridge, that's a different story.

I can agree with you there Pez.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

the problem seems to be that the brighter moral shroud some lay claim to as they villify someone who is not on their political team when that person has an ethical lapse..but when they have a lapse themselves its different LOL!!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 am

sigh...and now a ky (?) senator stepping down..one of those big-time abstinance promoters who got busted for having an affair with a young thing staffer..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:57 am

floridafun wrote:sigh...and now a ky (?) senator stepping down..one of those big-time abstinance promoters who got busted for having an affair with a young thing staffer..

Just like Gary Conditt. Good grief give this a rest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:57 pm

its not brittney its an elected politician. its in the news. dont read it if you dont want to.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Bman wrote:

Pls how high of a standard did Senator Ensign have when he was screwing his friend and coworker and his family paying her off? LOL How high were Larry Craig's standards? lol

If you want to go that route...

what about that goofy bastard that was getting sexual favors in the white house, cheated on his wife, lied about it, was impeached...ringing bells?
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 am

agreed. i wasnt a clintonite.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 am

sliptap wrote:
Bman wrote:

what about that goofy bastard that was getting sexual favors in the white house, cheated on his wife, lied about it, was impeached...ringing bells?

Was Bill Clinton a Promise Keeper like Ensign, did Bill have a bumper sticker on his car "I Love my Wife?" .... Ensign and Craig ACTED morally superior when in fact they were AS sleezy as Bill Clinton.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm

Bman wrote:
sliptap wrote:
Bman wrote:

Was Bill Clinton a Promise Keeper like Ensign, did Bill have a bumper sticker on his car "I Love my Wife?" .... Ensign and Craig ACTED morally superior when in fact they were AS sleezy as Bill Clinton.

bman is right. After all democrats are expected to be immoral.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Bman wrote:Was Bill Clinton a Promise Keeper like Ensign, did Bill have a bumper sticker on his car "I Love my Wife?" .... Ensign and Craig ACTED morally superior when in fact they were AS sleezy as Bill Clinton.

Lol, Bill Clinton was just a big of scumbag. He didn't have to try and hide it.

...Chappaquiddick, or is that still too soon? I've got a 10 page essay on that little incident if you need a little enlightening.

Kroman wrote:bman is right. After all democrats are expected to be immoral.
I love you
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 am

Please I will go a little S L O W E R for you and Kroman ... ok.

I have the problem with people PRETENDING to be morally superior. Ensign being a christian PROMISE KEEPER and then flucking around on his wife and trying to buy silence is just blantantly hypocritical. Larry Craig stood in the hull of the Senate and pronounced gays and lesbians as immoral and disgusting human beings yet he hopped on a plane to Minnesota and ran to a public restroom and tried to turn a trick or two in the restroom. Please, now if Bill Clinton had preached monogomy and loyalty to ones wife and then went and did what he did then it would be comparable. What is your beef with Ted Kennedy ... yea, he had an accident when he was younger .... way younger .... and fled the scene and a lady died. How does Ted's accident have anything with Larry Craig getting a blowjob from another man in a bathrooom.

Please Slip ... yea ... enlighten me please.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 am

Bman wrote:Please I will go a little S L O W E R for you and Kroman ... ok.

I have the problem with people PRETENDING to be morally superior. Ensign being a christian PROMISE KEEPER and then flucking around on his wife and trying to buy silence is just blantantly hypocritical. Larry Craig stood in the hull of the Senate and pronounced gays and lesbians as immoral and disgusting human beings yet he hopped on a plane to Minnesota and ran to a public restroom and tried to turn a trick or two in the restroom. Please, now if Bill Clinton had preached monogomy and loyalty to ones wife and then went and did what he did then it would be comparable. What is your beef with Ted Kennedy ... yea, he had an accident when he was younger .... way younger .... and fled the scene and a lady died. How does Ted's accident have anything with Larry Craig getting a blowjob from another man in a bathrooom.

I think I get it now. Cheating on your spouse is okay as long as you didn't speak out against it. Rolling Eyes
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:02 am

Markwes wrote:

I think I get it now. Cheating on your spouse is okay as long as you didn't speak out against it. Rolling Eyes
Or if you are a democrat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:22 am

Markwes wrote:

No ... acting morally superior then doing it SHOULD cost you more shame.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:17 am

Kroman wrote:Or if you are a democrat.

Anyone who decides to stand up and get votes based on his morality deserves to be punished in the court of public opinion for their hypocrisy. Clinton's activity in office was reprehensible, but he did not court votes from the religious right by agreeding to protect the sanctity of marriage from evil fags (for instance).

Again, While some may argue it's splitting hairs, ethical standards are what a politician should be held to. The measureing stick of someone's moral standards should be held by that person's relationship to his family and perhaps his God. The moral measuring stick should not be weilded by the electorate.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Bman wrote:No ... acting morally superior then doing it SHOULD cost you more shame.
Yeah, we understood you the first time...but your attempt to downplay my (and Kroman's) intelligence was a nice Liberal touch. I appreciate that great example, as it fit very nicely into the conversation!

Bman wrote:What is your beef with Ted Kennedy ... yea, he had an accident when he was younger .... way younger .... and fled the scene and a lady died. How does Ted's accident have anything with Larry Craig getting a blowjob from another man in a bathrooom.
"...and fled the scene and a lady died." just wow. That didn't ring any alarms on the humanity meter?

I wouldn't exactly call leaving a poor woman to drown, while using political connections to get out of ANY trouble "an accident."

It was just another example of a corrupt politician.
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Pez wrote:Anyone who decides to stand up and get votes based on his morality deserves to be punished in the court of public opinion for their hypocrisy. Clinton's activity in office was reprehensible, but he did not court votes from the religious right by agreeding to protect the sanctity of marriage from evil fags (for instance).

Again, While some may argue it's splitting hairs, ethical standards are what a politician should be held to. The measureing stick of someone's moral standards should be held by that person's relationship to his family and perhaps his God. The moral measuring stick should not be weilded by the electorate.

Yeah, but his point...should I say opinion...was that Clinton was not as worse. That's an opinionated questioned and trying to put one of those politician's character above the other is an impossible thing to judge. Please refer back to my response, where I said they were both scumbags, just the same.

The point I was making with my ORIGINAL statement, was that there are just as many corrupt Democrats as Republicans...as a downplay of Bman's original post.
sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down