The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Pledge Obama Video

+2
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

I Pledge Obama Video Empty I Pledge Obama Video

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:05 am

So I heard about this and had to see what the hubbub was about...

Okay...not bad, up until the part of "I pledge to be a servant of our president and all mankind." Really? A servant of our president? I thought the president is a servant of the people??? If they would have replaced "nation" with president...I have no beef. Not surprising, Oprah's production company put this together.

By the way, I pledge to continue to be a voice for the unborn! I Pledge Obama Video 14142
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

I Pledge Obama Video Empty Re: I Pledge Obama Video

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:51 am

Interesting observation Cincy. I think the dude kissing his "guns" after pledging to funk said it all. Barack (smooch) Obama (smooch)... LOL

I'm disappointed President Obama didn't make a pledge in there somewhere. I still think he's doing a good job, at his, uh, job. I wanted to hear someone pledge to treat their IT guru better. That's my job.

What's wrong with the old pledge?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands. One nation under God. With liberty and justice for all.

Yeah, I still said "God" because that's the way I learned it. I like the traditional stuff.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:55 am

I pledge to leave the fan turned off after a "deuce" in order to conserve electricity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Meta: Don't forget "Indivisible." And it's always a good idea to treat your friendly neighborhood IT person well!!!

Kroman: I Pledge Obama Video 431148
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 pm

I liked the video ... of course. I have committed to serving President Obama ... when and where my passions and his programs overlap I pledeged to serve him and this country. That is what I think that line meant ... Like when I delivered signed petitions to Mark Souders office I was doing that on my own behalf and as a servant of the President.

Great vid though ... you can't lose with O ... Oprah on your side.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:22 pm

i liked it. they are pledging to do what they can to help obama to make our shared space better. they didnt use the i am more patriotic than you are theme and i appreciate that.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 am

What a bunch of elists snobs! They spend more in a day than most of us make in a year, but they pledge to turn off a couple lights in their mansions, or to smile. How warm and fuzzy did that make you all feel? I pledge they STFU before I puke in a trash can.

I also pledge to not watch a single movie or by any music made by anyone on this clip.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:13 am

here is one you might enjoy more fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2vukzl1INo
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:24 am

I prefer this video personally:

Did you know?
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:47 am

creative..but i dont get the point. are we supposed to fear other nations that are or are becoming superpowers? stomp them out of existance..send blackwater over to china to show them how america handles competition in the global environment?

are we supposed to regress back to the good old days or should we be afraid of how many bored or interested people use google regularly so they can review all sides of ideas out there? was there something to be learned from it, or was it purely for "education" about not much?

i dont know what they used for sources but i have some doubts. example..the number of babies born a year in america.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 am

FF all his video convinced me off is that Obama is heading in the right direction, slashing defense spending and increasing funding domestically including technology investments and educational investments. God sent us Obama at the right time, Kroman will tell you all things happen with His timing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 am

That video has been around for years. I dont think that it really has any sort of political stance. I thought the original intent was to better define the United States' position against the rest of the world... that exponential change was not only inevitable, but we are already rolling faster than a lot of people might believe.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Pez wrote:That video has been around for years. I dont think that it really has any sort of political stance. I thought the original intent was to better define the United States' position against the rest of the world... that exponential change was not only inevitable, but we are already rolling faster than a lot of people might believe.

+1, leave it to a bunch of loonie liberals to turn it into something more. I found it interesting and well worth the time to view. It wasn't meant to be political.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:27 pm

Fighter59 wrote:
Pez wrote:That video has been around for years. I dont think that it really has any sort of political stance. I thought the original intent was to better define the United States' position against the rest of the world... that exponential change was not only inevitable, but we are already rolling faster than a lot of people might believe.

+1, leave it to a bunch of loonie liberals to turn it into something more. I found it interesting and well worth the time to view. It wasn't meant to be political.

If it was not a political clip why in the hell did you put this thread in National Politics.

ULTIMATE FAIL ... you are OWNED!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Bman wrote:If it was not a political clip why in the hell did you put this thread in National Politics.

Not trying to step between you two, but he didn't, Cincy did. Carry on... Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:51 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:If it was not a political clip why in the hell did you put this thread in National Politics.

I think they're talking arguing about the video that Fighter posted today at 7:24... scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

I think they're talking arguing about the video that Fighter posted today at 7:24... scratch

Yikes, prolly... Embarassed

At least I got to pad the post count. geek
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Meta: Don't forget "Indivisible." And it's always a good idea to treat your friendly neighborhood IT person well!!!

Kroman: I Pledge Obama Video 431148

Rewinding a bit, I want to comment that I didn't mean to forget "indivisible"... or did I? I report, you decide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Bman wrote:FF all his video convinced me off is that Obama is heading in the right direction, slashing defense spending and increasing funding domestically including technology investments and educational investments. God sent us Obama at the right time, Kroman will tell you all things happen with His timing.

Bman it is better for you if you are silent and people think you are ignorant as opposed to opening your yap and proving your ignorance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:43 am

Bman wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:

If it was not a political clip why in the hell did you put this thread in National Politics.

ULTIMATE FAIL ... you are OWNED!!!!
Oh-oh. "ultimate fail" and "owned". That's a double whammy.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Yikes, prolly... Embarassed

At least I got to pad the post count. geek

You can't post in this thread unless it's political per bman. Rolling Eyes
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content