The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

+6
Aggie Transplant
LTRT
IrishGuy
floridafun
iberlingirl
Cincy Fan 44
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech Empty Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am

Pretty gutsy...sure hope he has facts to back up his accusation! If anything, I loved the shocked look on Tired Old Nancy's face. The botox nearly came undone.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech Empty Re: Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

Post  iberlingirl Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 am

Regardless of his opinions, I think what he did was an embarrassment to himself and his state.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech Empty Re: Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 am

iberlingirl wrote:Regardless of his opinions, I think what he did was an embarrassment to himself and his state.
Agreed. I heard he apologized for his actions afterward.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:15 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
iberlingirl wrote:Regardless of his opinions, I think what he did was an embarrassment to himself and his state.

That makes it ok.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 am

in his defense, his party worked hard to foster a specific disrespectful mindset the past couple years, and most diligently since the election of our president. if they didnt sit there holding up signs and being disruptive and looking like they all ran out of hemhroid creme the day before, they would have been judged by their followers as wishy-washy for not following their own well-laid refusal-to-hear-facts game plans regarding ANYTHING obama. they were there to represent the teabaggers and birthers and birchers and deathers. thats who they expect to keep them in office in their coming election.

i think nancy is a good person doing a difficult job rather well. she aint no tom delay for sure. thankfully. i look back and cant find anything she has done to cause me to re-think supporting her.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 am

faux, fearmongerer, Bushco, worldnutdaily

Haha...first.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 am

Any person watching the speech last night SAW the republicans acting like kids, proving our point that all they have is made up fear and hate. They are definitely a shrinking party made up mostly of southern redneck racists who are scared to death of losing power and doing anything desperate to hang on to whatever power they have left.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:24 am

Bman wrote:Any person watching the speech last night SAW the republicans acting like kids, proving our point that all they have is made up fear and hate. They are definitely a shrinking party made up mostly of southern redneck racists who are scared to death of losing power and doing anything desperate to hang on to whatever power they have left.

Puleeez..........your boy wouldn't even be in office if it wasn't for ACORN.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 am

77% of the respondents to a local AM news station poll said they thought if it were their congressman that had heckled the president, they'd be proud. Wow, that's just mindboggling. And sad.

Of course, it's a news station in the morning, but a conservative talk radio station the rest of the time.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:48 am

Totally agree. Then my thoughts drift to Souder... ugh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 am

I see no one has a problem with the statement though. Illegals "not" getting health coverage. It is a blatant lie.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:53 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:77% of the respondents to a local AM news station poll said they thought if it were their congressman that had heckled the president, they'd be proud. Wow, that's just mindboggling. And sad.

Of course, it's a news station in the morning, but a conservative talk radio station the rest of the time.

If this was a Texas news program I can see that 77% would support the action, but not necessarily at that particular time.

Think about this... the British Parliment does that stuff all the time. It just seems weird here, but listen to BP sometime... wild stuff. And what boggles my mind is they (British) look down on Americans as a bunch of crass hillbillies, they think of themselves as the much more "proper" society.

I think it was incendiary and was like throwing gasoline on the polarization of the health care issue. He only needed to say one word "lie" and the bonfires continue to stay lit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Any person watching the speech last night SAW the republicans acting like kids, proving our point that all they have is made up fear and hate. They are definitely a shrinking party made up mostly of southern redneck racists who are scared to death of losing power and doing anything desperate to hang on to whatever power they have left.

Puleeez..........your boy wouldn't even be in office if it wasn't for ACORN.

hmmm is that the same acorn that john mccain recently told a bitcher at his town hall is under investigation for a few isolated situations and there is NO proof of any iffy activities otherwise?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 am

Fighter59 wrote:I see no one has a problem with the statement though. Illegals "not" getting health coverage. It is a blatant lie.

Uh, you've got to be kidding. There is NO CURRENT health care plan, therefore, NO BODY IS COVERED.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 am

LTRT wrote:Puleeez..........your boy wouldn't even be in office if it wasn't for ACORN.

Living in the past?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 am

Fighter59 wrote:I see no one has a problem with the statement though. Illegals "not" getting health coverage. It is a blatant lie.

proof source please?
yes they will continue to be able to get er treatment but thats nothing new, and nothing the repubs changed when they were in office. so its all obamas fault?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 am

meta4 wrote:

Uh, you've got to be kidding. There is NO CURRENT health care plan, therefore, NO BODY IS COVERED.

Linky

Would you care to recant that statement?

Last edited by Fighter59 on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:02 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

guess i need to say i agree cincy or mark will think i find your comment inflammatory and you are a hater Basketball
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 am

Fighter59 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Linky

kids and pregnant woman, the bill Obama is pushing now does not allow for further illegal immigrants to be covered. You are fanning the fire with more bullshit here Fighter.

Last edited by Bman on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:06 am

Fighter59 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Linky

"In a major change, the bill allows states to cover certain legal immigrants "

do you not get there is a difference between legal and illegal immigrants? i have no problem with legals qualifying.

i liked on morning joe that senator mcloski said any rep who doesnt think there should be a public option owes it to their theirself and their constituents to walk the walk and give up the public plan they currently have thru their job. Twisted Evil
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:11 am

meta4 wrote:
Think about this... the British Parliment does that stuff all the time. It just seems weird here, but listen to BP sometime... wild stuff. And what boggles my mind is they (British) look down on Americans as a bunch of crass hillbillies, they think of themselves as the much more "proper" society.

I agree this would have been nothing during a British Parliament speech.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 am

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:Puleeez..........your boy wouldn't even be in office if it wasn't for ACORN.

Living in the past?

Great song by Jethro Tull. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 am

IrishGuy wrote:faux, fearmongerer, Bushco, worldnutdaily

Haha...first.
You forgot redneck but Bman took care of that.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am

funny how the meanings of words change. redneck was used in 1920's and 1930's to refer the the miners who wore red bandanas to show their support for efforts at getting unions in place.

now union-ers are code blue jocolor
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 am

Fighter59 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Linky

Read your own Linky, Pendejo. The article mentions nothing about ILLEGAL immigrants, it mentions covering LEGAL immigrants.

YSIW
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next