The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

+6
Aggie Transplant
LTRT
IrishGuy
floridafun
iberlingirl
Cincy Fan 44
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
iberlingirl wrote:Regardless of his opinions, I think what he did was an embarrassment to himself and his state.
Agreed. I heard he apologized for his actions afterward.

That makes it ok.
Sure, if you say so.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech - Page 2 Empty Re: Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech

Post  Fighter59 Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm

meta4 wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:I see no one has a problem with the statement though. Illegals "not" getting health coverage. It is a blatant lie.

Uh, you've got to be kidding. There is NO CURRENT health care plan, therefore, NO BODY IS COVERED.

Linky

Would you care to recant that statement?

Read your own Linky, Pendejo. The article mentions nothing about ILLEGAL immigrants, it mentions covering LEGAL immigrants.

YSIW

"There is no current health plan, therefore, NO BODY IS COVERED."

I'm still waiting, on the recant of that statement because it seems we are covering children and pregnant women.

Also to retort others who need educated:

Free health care to illegals

"While passage of this bill means better access to healthcare for legal immigrant children, it is important to note that emergency medical treatment is available to all immigrants, regardless of their status."

Everyone is covered in America, EVERYONE!!
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Calling Obama a liar isn't that bad. It's not like he called him a racist or anything.

I'm going to get as much mileage out of that as I can.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Markwes wrote:Calling Obama a liar isn't that bad. It's not like he called him a racist or anything.

I'm going to get as much mileage out of that as I can.

I guess if the shoe fits.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:17 pm

LTRT wrote:Puleeez..........your boy wouldn't even be in office if it wasn't for ACORN.

For that I do feel compelled to point out that your signature doesnt say anything about Pelosi 2012... Tincaps won their first playoff game...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Pez wrote:
LTRT wrote:Puleeez..........your boy wouldn't even be in office if it wasn't for ACORN.

For that I do feel compelled to point out that your signature doesnt say anything about Pelosi 2012... Tincaps won their first playoff game...

LOL, I never heard back from the admins on making text really really really small for the sig. Wink
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Fighter59 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:I see no one has a problem with the statement though. Illegals "not" getting health coverage. It is a blatant lie.

Uh, you've got to be kidding. There is NO CURRENT health care plan, therefore, NO BODY IS COVERED.

Linky

Would you care to recant that statement?

Read your own Linky, Pendejo. The article mentions nothing about ILLEGAL immigrants, it mentions covering LEGAL immigrants.

YSIW

"There is no current health plan, therefore, NO BODY IS COVERED."

I'm still waiting, on the recant of that statement because it seems we are covering children and pregnant women.

Also to retort others who need educated:

Free health care to illegals

"While passage of this bill means better access to healthcare for legal immigrant children, it is important to note that emergency medical treatment is available to all immigrants, regardless of their status."

Everyone is covered in America, EVERYONE!!

the original link and the newest one are for schip from feb. unrelated to the obama public option i thought was under discussion. where does it say illegals will be covered? i am not finding it there. from your link--

In a major change, the bill allows states to cover certain legal immigrants — namely, children under 21 and pregnant women — as well as citizens.
Until now, legal immigrants have generally been barred from Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program for five years after they enter the United States. States will now be able to cover those immigrants without the five-year delay.
The bill requires states to verify that people covered by the children’s health program are United States citizens or legal residents. But states are given a new option. Instead of requiring people to produce documents showing citizenship, states can try to verify eligibility by matching a person’s name and Social Security number against federal records.

Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech - Page 2 810511 Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech - Page 2 810511
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:03 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

LOL, I never heard back from the admins on making text really really really small for the sig. Wink
Oh sure, throw us under the bus why don't ya'! Be a MAN LTRT and just do it... Twisted Evil
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Bman wrote:Any person watching the speech last night SAW the republicans acting like kids, proving our point that all they have is made up fear and hate. They are definitely a shrinking party made up mostly of southern redneck racists who are scared to death of losing power and doing anything desperate to hang on to whatever power they have left.

This from a man who wears skirts when he is home alone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:17 pm

Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:Any person watching the speech last night SAW the republicans acting like kids, proving our point that all they have is made up fear and hate. They are definitely a shrinking party made up mostly of southern redneck racists who are scared to death of losing power and doing anything desperate to hang on to whatever power they have left.

I only do that for you when you are here ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:

I only do that for you when you are here ...

dont tell us what he pays you.. Congressman Shouts "You Lie!" During Healthcare Speech - Page 2 Lol
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:27 pm

the apology..i posted in the another family values thread by mistake..

wow joe sounds kinda shakey..not nearly as confident as he was when he yelled YOU LIE to obama during the speech.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/32773972#32778906
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

Oh sure, throw us under the bus why don't ya'! Be a MAN LTRT and just do it... Twisted Evil

Whatcha' think boys? lol!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 pm

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

I feel like I should be returned to the 5th Dimension after reading that...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 pm

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

!ti ekil I
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 am

Twice Republicans brought admendments into committee which stated in order to qualify for the public option of health insurance one must demonstrate proof of citizenship. Of course, this was voted down along party lines.

Why, why do we need to insure the world with our tax dollars?
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 am

Fighter59 wrote:Twice Republicans brought admendments into committee which stated in order to qualify for the public option of health insurance one must demonstrate proof of citizenship. Of course, this was voted down along party lines.

Fighter's second job is as a spammer ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:25 pm

Bman wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:Twice Republicans brought admendments into committee which stated in order to qualify for the public option of health insurance one must demonstrate proof of citizenship. Of course, this was voted down along party lines.

Fighter's second job is as a spammer ...

Not at work today, so I'll be on all day long to keep you informed. Basketball
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Obama: Health care anger not motivated by his race
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090918/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

..."Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

Some health care town halls over the summer had bitter moments of confrontation. And South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama during the president's address to a joint session of Congress last week. The White House has said for weeks that such moments are not representative and overblown.

Obama told CBS News that the media was partly to blame.

Way to go Mr. President! cheers

Unfortunately this will not convince some. pale
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:13 pm

LTRT wrote:Obama: Health care anger not motivated by his race
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090918/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama said Friday that angry criticisms about his health care agenda are driven by an intense debate over the proper role of government — and not by racism.

..."Now there are some who are, setting aside the issue of race, actually I think are more passionate about the idea of whether government can do anything right," Obama said told ABC News. "And I think that that's probably the biggest driver of some of the vitriol."

Some health care town halls over the summer had bitter moments of confrontation. And South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!" at Obama during the president's address to a joint session of Congress last week. The White House has said for weeks that such moments are not representative and overblown.

Obama told CBS News that the media was partly to blame.

Way to go Mr. President! cheers

Unfortunately this will not convince some. pale
Yep, and people like Bman have said he really doesn't mean it. Which means he is calling Obama a liar. Oh, the irony.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:52 pm

Markwes wrote:Yep, and people like Bman have said he really doesn't mean it. Which means he is calling Obama a liar. Oh, the irony.
Could you just retype that line again? Post of the week! Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2