The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs

3 posters

Go down

B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs Empty B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs

Post  Canuck Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:06 pm

I think this is important information to share with everyone.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091123/health/health_us_cda_crib_recall

VANCOUVER, B.C. - More than 2.1 million Canadian-made drop-side cribs have been recalled in Canada and the United States after more than 100 cases of injuries, including four deaths were reported, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Monday.

The manufacturer, British Columbia-based Stork Craft Manufacturing Inc., announced the voluntary recall of approximately 1.2 million drop-side cribs distributed in the U.S. and 968,000 distributed in Canada, the CPSC said in a news release.

Nearly 150,000 of the cribs on recall carry the Fisher-Price logo.

Health Canada, the U.S. agency and the company are aware of 110 incidents of drop-side detachment - 67 incidents in the United States and 43 in Canada, the U.S. agency said.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs Empty Re: B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs

Post  floridafun Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:51 pm

i dont know if its the same manufacturer or the same situation. i know a couple years ago there was a recall and unsafe alert put out on cribs here..there were warnings for folks not to be trying to sell them on ebay just to get rid at a profit of a defective product. i only remember because my daughter was watching ebay for crib/youth bed and saw some there even tho she was sure they were the ones the warnings were on.

i dont see a benefit for the drop side rail anyway. but that may be a liberal chant i have subconciously absorbed B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs Icon_sunny
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs Empty Re: B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 pm

So basically the Canuckians are trying to kill off babies one crib at a time? Does that pretty much sum up the article in one sentence? Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:37 pm

yeah but they are post-born so its ok B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs Icon_jokercolor B.C.-based company voluntarily recalls 2.1 million drop-side cribs Icon_tongue
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down