The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirtiest Restaurant in town

+10
Shouldbeworking
Cincy Fan 44
rksgrl
floridafun
Scooby01_98
Mort
Shopaholic
sunny d
DoeShouldGo
LTRT
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dirtiest Restaurant in town - Page 2 Empty Re: Dirtiest Restaurant in town

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:56 pm

rksgrl wrote:It's even color coded:) I grew up a hoosier so I can kinda read;)

RKSgrl have you eaten at J.Gilberts in Worthington? (well N 23/270) is that shopping area called Crosswinds or something. J. Gilberts is my favorite place in C-bus to eat and I love Tommy's pizza down on campus! Been a couple really good places in Grandview too. Is PF Changs still out at Easton?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  rksgrl Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Bman wrote:
rksgrl wrote:It's even color coded:) I grew up a hoosier so I can kinda read;)

RKSgrl have you eaten at J.Gilberts in Worthington? (well N 23/270) is that shopping area called Crosswinds or something. J. Gilberts is my favorite place in C-bus to eat and I love Tommy's pizza down on campus! Been a couple really good places in Grandview too. Is PF Changs still out at Easton?

I work right by J. Gilberts. I love love love their home made potato chips with blue cheese and pepper jack!!! I don't venture on to campus. Only because I hate High Street and all the congestion. We really like going to Grandview and going to Stauff's. PF Changs is still at Easton and there is one at Tuttle now too. I haven't eaten there yet though.
rksgrl
rksgrl
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Shouldbeworking Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm sad to say that the dirtiest place I've eaten in Fort Wayne is The Venice
Shouldbeworking
Shouldbeworking
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:10 pm

Not really related but since PF Chang was mentioned, I noticed it hit this list of "worst foods" (although "most unhealthy foods" seems like a better description) at a mere 1820 calories for the pork lo mein. And yet it's not even close to #1. pig

http://www.menshealth.com/20worst/
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Shouldbeworking wrote:I'm sad to say that the dirtiest place I've eaten in Fort Wayne is The Venice

Then you never had a slice of pizza at O'Sullivan's. God forbid you stumble in there for Irish Stew on St Patty's day.

I always feel like I need a tetanus shot when I leave O's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:
Shouldbeworking wrote:I'm sad to say that the dirtiest place I've eaten in Fort Wayne is The Venice

Then you never had a slice of pizza at O'Sullivan's. God forbid you stumble in there for Irish Stew on St Patty's day.

Co-signed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I hear in Ann Arbor they don't even bother posting signs b/c the people there are used to crap. lol!

There's a reason ohio is below michigan... it's full of shit... cream rises to the top..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:47 pm

We just ate there 2 weeks ago.. it wasn't that bad.. other than the ceiling leaking into buckets on the floor (not sure if that's an OSHA violation or not) and the wait staff fighting with the cook staff. That was just added entertainment.

That place is a bit of a dive though..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:01 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I hear in Ann Arbor they don't even bother posting signs b/c the people there are used to crap. lol!

There's a reason ohio is below michigan... it's full of shit... cream rises to the top..

yeah, yeah, yeah...(I have nothing else at this point in the day)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:39 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

EXCELLENT POST! I knew there was a reason we needed Card on this board! Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:25 am

affraid lol!
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shouldbeworking Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:54 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:

Oh yeah...I totally forgot about O's. We use to go there for the Spaghetti Dinner they had on Thursday nights...I'm not sure why we did....
Shouldbeworking
Shouldbeworking
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitchen Slave Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 am

Munchies (Dickies) on Maplecrest. I've worked in 7 kitchens in my life, plus been in a few others, and thats the dirtiest one I've seen yet. The scarriest thing there is the 1000 Island dressing used for Rubens. It sits in a container under the griddle all day and isn't put away at the end of the day. Now, I don't know about you, but at my house the 1000 is in the fridge, not the pantry. Other than that the whole place as a whole is just dirty and grungy. A couple of times the grill caught on fire while I was working alone because of all the built up grease and crap. What what do you expect from a bunch of guys that smoke different substances while on the line.

On the other end of the spectrum is Granite City. That place even after being open for almost 2 months looks just like it did on day 1 at the end of the night.

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:39 am

I agree I ate there @ dickies and will never go back the food sucks to say the least hehe wouldn't I be a great restaurant reviewer?

Yeah the food sucks don't go there lol! affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:24 am

Dickies is what it is. You can't go there expecting a 5-star dinner. You can go there and get a decent meal, and it's a good atmosphere to have a casual hang out. I will note, they recently added the Chuckwagon BBQ to their menu (place on State and Hobson where the owner got the wrong permit and eventually passed away) and the ribs were awesome. I got them a couple of weeks ago and they were the best local ribs I've had.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:03 am

I was just going to post about Dickie's buying the Chuckwagon recipe. I honestly only go to Munchie's anymore for the beer, and maybe some scooby.. sorry.. shaggy snacks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitchen Slave Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:54 am

mmmmmmmmm, scooby snacks. Sorry but I worked there when they were still scoobies, thats what they'll always be to me. I'll agree, their food is hit or miss. Personally I like the unwraps (flat bread pizzas) and scoobies. Not a bad atmosphere, and last time I was there I still knew a few people. I havn't tried their ribs though, perhaps I'll try them out sometime. I'll suggest another good place for ribs while I'm here; Pip's Lounge inside the Clarion Hotel (former Holiday Inn Downtown). We'...err...they have some pretty tasty, tender ribs there, I hear Rolling Eyes

In all honesty, and not trying to put a shameless plug in for my hotel, you should try the restaurants inside the local hotels. We have a pretty wide variety of items and Cut'z inside the downtown Hilton has a pretty nice menu as well.

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:57 am

How many places do you work? I thought you were at the new place G.C. ?

affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Not sure why I would go to Dickies when I can go to Mad Anthony's (Munchies) instead. Plus they have Mad Brew.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:58 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Not sure why I would go to Dickies when I can go to Mad Anthony's (Munchies) instead. Plus they have Mad Brew.

True, but I live on that side of town so it is a convience thing for me.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:19 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:Not sure why I would go to Dickies when I can go to Mad Anthony's (Munchies) instead. Plus they have Mad Brew.

Gotcha. I liked the Terrapin Grill the few times I went there. Weren't they all associated at one time or something?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:36 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:

Gotcha. I liked the Terrapin Grill the few times I went there. Weren't they all associated at one time or something?

Dickies and Lucky's has the same owner. At one time, those two were a franchisee of Munchie. Dickies and Lucky's has since dropped the franchise name and thus had their names changed some time ago....I think thats the story.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitchen Slave Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:45 am

I'll add to Irishguy's comments on Dickies. Dickie's & Lucky's are owned by the same guy, Rick something or other. During the Munchie days their menu's were all pretty similar even with the broadway location. What I heard from the rumor mill after I quit, something legally went down with somebody already having copyright to the Munchie name, Scooby's, Unwraps and some other stuff. What boggles me though is that I was told it wasn't anybody from Ft Wayne but elsewhere that owned the copy right. I figured that the Broadway location would have to change as well, but it never did so perhaps THEY were the ones that demanded that Rick drop the names. Since the split their menu's have changed somewhat although I think there's still a lot of similarities. I've been to the Auburn location and it seemed like there were quite a few "new" items that I didn't remember from Maplecrest or even Broadway.

And for whoever asked, I work two jobs at the moment. I play kitchen manager at Clarion a few days a week and spend 4-5 days at Granite City. I'm currently working on a menu for a new restaurant I'm helping run in Wauseon, OH this fall as well. My plate is plenty full right now.

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:54 pm

A little off topic:
When I first got to Berlin, and went to the mall that holds the famous Water Clock, I had my first real German meal at a restaurant there. Cannot tell ya what it was (was 1988, cannot remember) but there was a HUGE chuck of matted dog hair in it! I chit you not... was about 1/2 of a golf ball size, I thought it was a chunk of meat and tried to cut it in 1/2, I threw up right there on the floor, the guy that was with me was embarrassed!! JACKA**!! needless to say, I did not eat much German food after that!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 am

affraid Now thats flippen gross affraid

affraid I hope you didn't pay anything What a Face
affraid