The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain wants a terrorist attack?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCain wants a terrorist attack? Empty McCain wants a terrorist attack?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:03 pm

Amazing ... AMAZING!!!! John McCain's senior advisor (Charles Black) says that a terrorist attack on our people benefits McCain. The republicans are trying to scare everyone again ... scare them to vote for McCain.

Sad ... that is all I will say. Obama offers a different approach to politics and will govern differently.

I am confident and proud of my support of Obama.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCain wants a terrorist attack? Empty Re: McCain wants a terrorist attack?

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:57 pm

That's not really what was said and certainly you're taking it out of context. BTW your candidate is EXACTLY like any other candidate/politician... change my ass. I really think that this kind of hysterical posting is beneath you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:51 am

Come on Vis, it was all over the news today and tonight. Charles Black said that exactly ... did he apologize yea, but just shows that the republicans are using their same old bag of tricks of trying to scare everyone to vote for them. I think that is sad. How is it beneath me to post factual statements by a senior McCain advisor but it is ok for people on this board to consider Obama a terrorist and a non-christian. Come on, I am being above board here compared to those low blows.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:00 am

Just so everyone knows where I took my stance from .... McCain said he disagrees completely, yea sure.

FRESNO, California (Reuters) - A top adviser to Republican presidential candidate John McCain apologized on Monday after he was quoted as saying a September 11-type attack before the November election would benefit McCain.

The campaign of Democrat Barack Obama condemned the remark by McCain political adviser Charlie Black, calling it a "complete disgrace."

"I deeply regret the comments, they were inappropriate," Black said in a statement after McCain said that if Black had made such a comment, "I strenuously disagree" with it.

"I recognize that John McCain has devoted his entire adult life to protecting his country and placing its security before every other consideration," said Black, one of McCain's most trusted political advisers.

Fortune magazine said Black, in discussing how national security was McCain's strong suit, had said when asked about another terrorist attack on U.S. soil that "certainly it would be a big advantage to him."

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed2/idUSN2327749220080623
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:01 am

If an Obama campaign person had said something like this the republicans would have been all over this but we are a different type of campaign, America wants something positive not the old fear tactics that the republicans have used repeatedly since 1988.

Change we can believe in ... Yes We Can!

just trying to torque people up here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 am

Obama believes in change my ass... he's already talking about bringing guns to fight McCain.. (hey.. if you're going to take things out of context so will I). He's a politician, and it's all coming out now.. I've noticed a distinct change in his campaign and it's been for the worse since Hillary dropped.

McCain's people said something stupid.. it's not the first, it's not the last, for either side. I think it's pretty desperate to try and jump on this as some sort of rallying cry though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:16 am

What distinct change have you noticed, some facts please. Sure, we are going to vehemently rebuff and correct any and all misstatements and distortion of facts spewed by the RNC or the McCain campaign, that is politics, but you won't see us playing dirty tricks and telling lies and fabrications about our opponent. Well, I might but the Obama campaign won't.

Respect, Empower and Include.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:27 am

He's gotten so good at rebuffing; he now rebuffs in advance Shocked

"It is going to be very difficult for Republicans to run on their stewardship of the economy or their outstanding foreign policy," Obama told a fundraiser in Jacksonville, Florida. "We know what kind of campaign they're going to run. They're going to try to make you afraid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed2/idUSN2040982720080620

The fact that some are hailing him as a uniter and great visionary just boggles the mind.

He really should watch what he says at those 'private' fundraisers. Didn't he learn his lesson after the last imbroglio about the bitter white people clinging to guns and religion?

On the other hand, we should be thankful someone is attending these things and reporting on them, or we'd never know what he REALLY thinks and says when he's talking to just them dems with money and not to the rest of us.

Respect, Empower and Include.

Not for everybody!

While the senator has visited churches and synagogues, he has yet to appear at a single mosque. Muslim and Arab-American organizations have tried repeatedly to arrange meetings with Mr. Obama, but officials with those groups say their invitations — unlike those of their Jewish and Christian counterparts — have been ignored. Last week, two Muslim women wearing head scarves were barred by campaign volunteers from appearing behind Mr. Obama at a rally in Detroit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25340374/

He has torn the democratic party apart. He still has a huge massive part of his base that will not vote for him. He called all republicans and basically anyone else who doesn't vote for him racists . Yeah, some unity. What a fucktard. Every day my respect for him, which was high before he started to run for President, has diminished to where all I think he is now is some empty suit that is a front for some powerful money men in the background. He is the epitomy of the manchurian candidate if there ever was one.

One man One woman
Ethanol ties
FISA
Broken promise to use federal funding in the general election- way to set us back 40 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:38 am

Yea, he is the front man for wealthy men behind him. That is why 97% of his donations are UNDER $100 and come from ordinary average people. I think not going the public financing route was the RIGHT decision for a couple of reasons. Our current system is totally screwed up, the 527's dictate the airwaves. The regular people deserve to be heard and one way of making them heard is to let them have a say and run on their contributions.

As for the American Muslims being upset with him, gotta watch your image some. Can't blame him. You guys need to make up your mind, is he muslim or not? Is he a terrorist or not? lol

One Man One Woman .... the same exact stance as Hillary, that position is the best any democratic candidate this year put forth with a chance of winning (Kucinich and Gravel don't count).

FISA ... last night I heard that he is not overly concerned with the civil aspect of this which is what is pending now, he prefers to go after them criminally vs. civil suits.

VIS cast that vote for McCain, he must really stand with you on the issues. Glad you found your candidate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:46 am

If the aides for the presumptive Democratic candidate would have let the Muslim women behind him for a photo shoot or whatever, you can bet the mortgage that would have been across the internet faster than you can say "Change" and people would point to that and say, "See, he's a Muslim."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:50 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:If the aides for the presumptive Democratic candidate would have let the Muslim women behind him for a photo shoot or whatever, you can bet the mortgage that would have been across the internet faster than you can say "Change" and people would point to that and say, "See, he's a Muslim."

Thanks Cincy ... thank you. OK, now I won't let my kids wear shorts and strapless tops to church. lol

this is my 1,000 post, cincy and cardinal are nipping at me and will pass me shortly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:56 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:If the aides for the presumptive Democratic candidate would have let the Muslim women behind him for a photo shoot or whatever, you can bet the mortgage that would have been across the internet faster than you can say "Change" and people would point to that and say, "See, he's a Muslim."

Thanks Cincy ... thank you. OK, now I won't let my kids wear shorts and strapless tops to church. lol
Finally, an answer! Twisted Evil
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:58 am

Excellent demonstration of him as an agent of change; style over substance, and the same position as others. Way to talk in circles there guy. You have a pretty weak understanding of FISA but then again so does your candidate. Your advice to vote McCain to a life-long democrat is laughable but not unexpected. You spout off campaign slogans left, right and center yet justify it when his words and actions are contrary to those slogans.

There were reasons for implementing federal funding of campaigns (Nixon) but soft money and then 527's were unfortunate unintended consequences. Both occuring as a way to circumvent the process. Arguing about financing is a like getting on a merry-go-round, it never ends, but I didn't speak against those who might forgo the process while promising to use federal funding for the general; Obama did.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:05 pm

I don't disagree, but how can he state there is one America, tout inclusiveness, and promote a culture of change if he doesn't walk the walk?
He wants it both ways; to be able to point to others and accuse them of playing politics as usual while promoting himself as a maveric who won't fall into the political games of the past all the while practising politics as usual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:22 pm

Vis wrote:Excellent demonstration of him as an agent of change; style over substance, and the same position as others. Way to talk in circles there guy. You have a pretty weak understanding of FISA but then again so does your candidate. Your advice to vote McCain to a life-long democrat is laughable but not unexpected. You spout off campaign slogans left, right and center yet justify it when his words and actions are contrary to those slogans.

There were reasons for implementing federal funding of campaigns (Nixon) but soft money and then 527's were unfortunate unintended consequences. Both occuring as a way to circumvent the process. Arguing about financing is a like getting on a merry-go-round, it never ends, but I didn't speak against those who might forgo the process while promising to use federal funding for the general; Obama did.

I was not advising you to vote for McCain, a couple of months ago you stated yourself here on this board that if Obama defeated Hillary you would vote for McCain. I am confused as to how you can have supported Hillary position wise and now vote for McCain. You must not have NO true beliefs in any of these issues. You want John McCain appointing Supreme Court justices? You want McCain making social decisions for this country. If you can push that button for McCain knowing his stances on social and economic issues then you have, YOU have found your candidate. I don't know where your contempt of Obama has come from but if it is because MORE democratic voters voted for him in the primary than Hillary that is called an election and you are free to support OUR nominee or not. I would have supported Hillary had Barack not gotten the nomination because I vote on issues that are important to me and my families future. Heck even Hillary is on board now but you are still grinding an ax ... wow man ... that is some anger but you all need your own time for disgesting what happened and making a decision about YOUR future and this countries future.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Vis wrote:

I don't disagree, but how can he state there is one America, tout inclusiveness, and promote a culture of change if he doesn't walk the walk?
He wants it both ways; to be able to point to others and accuse them of playing politics as usual while promoting himself as a maveric who won't fall into the political games of the past all the while practising politics as usual.
I don't know the answer to that. I know he's got a presidential campaign to win, and image is everything, so he, and those around him, are doing what they can to protect that image, much as the ones on the other side of the coin.

It does suck that people will rush to that ASSumption about a possible picture of him with 2 Muslim women. It really does. If the picture was allowed, assumptions made, and the democratic candidate came out and made a big speech about assumptions, I fear not nearly enough people would hear that message. All they would know is that they saw him with 2 Muslim women and ergo, he's Muslim.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:26 pm

I guess Vis is expecting to see an Obama commercial with Barack attending a mosque and kneeling and facing mecca to pray while there to show how inclusive he is ... GET REAL. Just because he is concerned about what the Right Wing will do does not mean that he plays their game. Show me where Obama has been negative?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:54 pm

LOL I have no expectations of Obama in any way shape or form. I never bought into the agent of change persona. I'm not sure what the hell I've posted that makes you think I have some deep seeded anger I can't let go of. Whether I vote for a third party candidate, McCain, write someone in, or under-vote is unknown at this point as the election is months away.

Cincy, I agree with your comment but the extreme extension of that is then that every candidate has an election to win and there is no such thing as 'politics as usual'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:24 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:McCain's people said something stupid.. it's not the first, it's not the last, for either side. I think it's pretty desperate to try and jump on this as some sort of rallying cry though.
Exactly. Difference is Bman won't acknowledge when Obama's people say something stupid. But if it's a McCain advisor he jumps all over it.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:46 pm

Just saying, some of the more conservative members of this forum jumped on the 57 states argument. And jumped on the Jeremiah Wright argument, saying that people's character is shaped by the people around them. I'm just sayin....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm

pez wrote:Just saying, some of the more conservative members of this forum jumped on the 57 states argument. And jumped on the Jeremiah Wright argument, saying that people's character is shaped by the people around them. I'm just sayin....

True, but how can you equivocate what a presidential campaign advisor said with your 2 examples, the 57 thing was out out the mouth of BHO and Wright is someone who he's had over a 20 yr relationship with. scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:08 pm

Markwes wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:McCain's people said something stupid.. it's not the first, it's not the last, for either side. I think it's pretty desperate to try and jump on this as some sort of rallying cry though.
Exactly. Difference is Bman won't acknowledge when Obama's people say something stupid. But if it's a McCain advisor he jumps all over it.

When has a senior ... SENIOR advisor to Obama said something this low, this nasty ... trying to provoke fear. I bet come October the Dept of Homeland Security will raise the terror threat again, typical right wing manuevering.

A Senior Obama foreign policy advisor called Hillary a "monster" and was let go of her position. Jeremiah Wright, no one defended his words and Barack resigned from that church. Finally McCain disassociated himself with that wonderful pastor of his .. John Hagee and now McCain needs to fire Charles Black and McCain needs to tell the american public that he will NOT try to play on their fears and scare them to the polls. We now have James Dobson (quality human being) running around out there saying that Obama distorts the bible and has a fruitcake concept of the constitution. I guess if you don't read the bible exactly like crazy man Dobson that your version is distorted and your view of the constitution is fruity.

The right wing is hilarious, they know they are losing this November and they can't stand it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:11 pm

LTRT wrote:
pez wrote:Just saying, some of the more conservative members of this forum jumped on the 57 states argument. And jumped on the Jeremiah Wright argument, saying that people's character is shaped by the people around them. I'm just sayin....

True, but how can you equivocate what a presidential campaign advisor said with your 2 examples, the 57 thing was out out the mouth of BHO and Wright is someone who he's had over a 20 yr relationship with. scratch

Charles Black has been a republican insider for 30 years and a buddy of McCain for all of those years, they are "long time friends".

Is McCain's gaffe about the Sunni's and Shiittes fair game? What about McCains' Putin as President of Germany comment. I would say the Putin comment and the 57 state comment are equal ..

Look .. back in 2004 in October the Dept of Homeland Sec. raised the terror threat and Karl Rove has said it benefits the republican party when this happens, now we have the Senior Campaign Manager for McCain uttering basically those same words ... trying to squeeze you guys into the polls out of fear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Bman wrote:What distinct change have you noticed, some facts please.

In the Dem Primary.. it was all about change this, change that, we shall overcome.. blah blah blah.

Now it's all about how he's going to bring a gun to a knife fight to beat McCain and how McCain is evil and blah blah blah. He's abandoning his message of hope and change for one of "I'm not that guy".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Bman wrote:Charles Black has been a republican insider for 30 years and a buddy of McCain for all of those years, they are "long time friends".

Is McCain's gaffe about the Sunni's and Shiittes fair game? What about McCains' Putin as President of Germany comment. I would say the Putin comment and the 57 state comment are equal ..

Look .. back in 2004 in October the Dept of Homeland Sec. raised the terror threat and Karl Rove has said it benefits the republican party when this happens, now we have the Senior Campaign Manager for McCain uttering basically those same words ... trying to squeeze you guys into the polls out of fear.

Bleh.............
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next