The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist

5 posters

Go down

Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist Empty Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist

FoxNews Chicago

Friday , September 12, 2008

A public school teacher in Chicago is in trouble and could lose her job after she mentioned the only Muslim student in her class in an anecdote about terrorists, according to local media.

The family of 13-year-old Saleh Choudhary wants the unidentified sixth-grade teacher, who has been reassigned since the incident at Brentano Math and Science Academy last spring, to be barred from ever setting foot in a classroom again, MyFOXChicago.com reported.

"The family does want her fired, they don't believe that she should be teaching students anymore," said Christina Abraham with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR).

The teacher allegedly used Saleh as an example when she described a hypothetical homicide bombing, saying that he would carry explosives on board a plane and blow it up.

Though the 13-year-old declined to speak to the media about the ordeal, his brother Mohammad Fahad Choudhary said that "before he even took his backpack off, he had tears in his eyes already" when he came home from school that day.

The older brother said that Saleh was then relentlessly mocked by the other students after the classroom incident in April.

"Everybody started teasing him and calling him a terrorist after the comments were made by the teacher," Mohammad said.

The Pakistani-American family met for more than two hours Thursday with Chicago Public Schools officials in a closed-door session, according to local media. A federal mediator presided over the meeting. Another session was scheduled for next month.

lol. Wonder if the teacher supports McCain/Palin?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist Empty Re: Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:34 pm

What a joke..

I had a teacher in HS who made some kids lie down on the floor and pretend to be slaves, turned off the lights in the room, blocked out the windows and then started describing the conditions on the slave ships to give us an idea.

I guess we should have sued (and yes, there were black kids in the class who had to do it).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist Empty Re: Public School Teacher Could Get Fired for Using Muslim Student as Example of Terrorist

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:01 am

this teacher is a stupid bitch. imagine being that child.

as far as the slave ship thing..i as a parent would have been complaining about the stupidity of that too. did you think you got an idea of what the slaves went thru from having participated? actually it could only be viewed as a similar thing if it were done at a time when the threat of slaves as all being potential killers and terrorist masterminds, and the assumption that all slaves want to destroy our current culture/freedoms and car-bomb all whities.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:44 pm

FF.. your comparison was just stupid.. seriously..... it was comparing two things using teaching methods.. get a clue.

Dope.. well.. your hopeless.. seriously, no one wants you here, you're a waste of flesh.. you must get off on going places your not wanted... like here and your home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:38 pm

When reading, the slave thing did not bother me near as this new stunt has. Not because I am anti-anyone, just, I can see the slave thing happening when I was younger, but with 911, the other is sooooo dispectful for starters!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:42 pm

floridafun wrote:this teacher is a stupid bitch. imagine being that child.

as far as the slave ship thing..i as a parent would have been complaining about the stupidity of that too. did you think you got an idea of what the slaves went thru from having participated? actually it could only be viewed as a similar thing if it were done at a time when the threat of slaves as all being potential killers and terrorist masterminds, and the assumption that all slaves want to destroy our current culture/freedoms and car-bomb all whities.
Funny, you view Fox News as being completely biased but you trust their journalistic integrity on this one. All we know about this (unless you have other sources) is from this one story. Can anyone prove the intent of the teacher was to ridicule this student's religion? If not, there shouldn't be a firing. Teachers are not expected to know the religion of their students in order to protect them.

And you really lost me there with the slave comments. We didn't have car bombs in the days of slavery. confused
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Apparently it's hard to pick out a middle-eastern kid in a room of whites and blacks. Sounds like a plausible excuse for blatant stereotyping.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:59 pm

It could very well be. Always seems like there's "more to the story" though. I actually know of lot people of mid-eastern descent who are not Muslim.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:00 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Apparently it's hard to pick out a middle-eastern kid in a room of whites and blacks. Sounds like a plausible excuse for blatant stereotyping.

The white kids were picked out to make mayo sandwiches and sing Carpenters tunes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:The white kids were picked out to make mayo sandwiches and sing Carpenters tunes.
(Shiver down the spine)...just had a flashback to childhood vacations and being forced to listen to them in the car. affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:08 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:The white kids were picked out to make mayo sandwiches and sing Carpenters tunes.
(Shiver down the spine)...just had a flashback to childhood vacations and being forced to listen to them in the car. affraid

Cincy, now will you admit that you force your kids to listen to them? lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Canuck wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Naw, I'll just force my kids to listen to Garth, Reba, Bon Jovi, REO Speedwagon, & Def Leppard...but only if the Reds game isn't on... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Canuck wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Naw, I'll just force my kids to listen to Garth, Reba, Bon Jovi, REO Speedwagon, & Def Leppard...but only if the Reds game isn't on... Laughing

No Journey? You've got the Wagon listed and no Journey? BTW... Don't Stop Believing is a GREAT song for drunk 20 somethings at a wedding.. as is Livin' On A Prayer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:44 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
BTW... Don't Stop Believing is a GREAT song for drunk 20 somethings at a wedding.. as is Livin' On A Prayer.
Mony Mony has to be up there too so they can all sing their "Get laid..." line, isn't it?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:No Journey? You've got the Wagon listed and no Journey? BTW... Don't Stop Believing is a GREAT song for drunk 20 somethings at a wedding.. as is Livin' On A Prayer.
I hate to admit this, but my first exposure to Journey (I think so anyway) was the old Atari game "Journey Escape." Sorry in advance for hijacking the muslim thread!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Markwes wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
BTW... Don't Stop Believing is a GREAT song for drunk 20 somethings at a wedding.. as is Livin' On A Prayer.
Mony Mony has to be up there too so they can all sing their "Get laid..." line, isn't it?

Actually.. most people are afraid to really say that it seems. They're more willing to make an ass out of themselves trying to reach the Ohhhh Ohhhh! We're Livin' On A Prayer.. notes that Jon can hit.. kinda.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down