The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applebee's on Lima-Fun New Gadget

5 posters

Go down

Applebee's on Lima-Fun New Gadget Empty Applebee's on Lima-Fun New Gadget

Post  Shopaholic Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:34 pm

Saturday, my daughter and I had a girls day out. I always let her choose the restaurant since if we eat out we are usually limited in choices. She happens to like Applebees since they have Mac and Cheese.

Anyways, there were this interesting little devices on the table when they seated us. Turns out that they are pagers for the servers. If you need something and they aren't around, you hit the button and it pages your server on a watch device they wear on their wrist. If you hit it 3xs within a 5 minute time frame, it automatically pages a manager. I think this is a great idea, but was in fear of what our service would be like.

Turns out, we had awsome service for the most part. I never even had the chance to use the pager. The food however, has reminded me why I don't enjoy going there. It's just not that good anymore.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Applebee's on Lima-Fun New Gadget Empty Re: Applebee's on Lima-Fun New Gadget

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:40 pm

I agree...cool idea. Steak & Shake should take a cue and do the same thing!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:10 am

A (any store) Employee Must Have!!! I really hate having to hunt one down when I need one. I would love to zap one!! hehehe....
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:03 am

iberlingirl wrote:A (any store) Employee Must Have!!! I really hate having to hunt one down when I need one. I would love to zap one!! hehehe....

Yea, I think the third or fourth time you press it it should administer electric shocks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I agree...cool idea. Steak & Shake should take a cue and do the same thing!

Dittos, it's about time somebody took the lead to improving service at dining establishments. Idea
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:39 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I agree...cool idea. Steak & Shake should take a cue and do the same thing!

Dittos, it's about time somebody took the lead to improving service at dining establishments. Idea

I could just hear servers screaming in the back "DON'T TAZE ME BRO".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:55 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Good one!

I'll take a "wait and see" approach. It sounds like a good idea, but I can see potential downsides - an agitated server getting paged constantly, slower overall service because the server has to tend to everyone else's every whim, etc.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:06 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Good one!

I'll take a "wait and see" approach. It sounds like a good idea, but I can see potential downsides - an agitated server getting paged constantly, slower overall service because the server has to tend to everyone else's every whim, etc.

Good point! It's got a "fireman" feel to it. Rushing to put out the hottest blaze doesn't mean nobody gets hurt.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:08 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Good one!

And some people are just assholes and will abuse the buzzer because they think they are the only ones in the restaurant.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Good one!

And some people are just assholes and will abuse the buzzer because they think they are the only ones in the restaurant.

And THAT will be the end of the server buzzer as we know it. Sad lol
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:54 am

The thing people have to keep in mind is that if you buzz three times in 5 minutes, then a manager automatically gets paged to your table. So hopefully that will keep people abusing it to a minimum.

Hopefully.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down