The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Local Arby's

3 posters

Go down

Local Arby's Empty Local Arby's

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:05 pm

Are the local Arby's price gouging? I ate at a Arby's in Atlanta and one outside of Chattanooga when I was at training. Ordered the same thing each time was just over $7. Ate at Arby's back here in FW and the same thing cost me $8.61. Now I expect price differences due to different sales tax rate, local wages etc. But a buck and a half. One noted difference in cost was the loaded potatoe bites. FW $2.79 down south $1.99.

I didn't notice this big of discrepancy at other fast food chains between Fort Wayne and Atlanta that I ate at, just Arby's.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Local Arby's Empty Re: Local Arby's

Post  Shopaholic Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:30 pm

I think it's a lot more common than people probably realize. Shoot, you can go to Meijer's, Walmart, etc all in the same town and pay drastically different prices from location to location. One example off the top of my head...My mom recently went to bought baby cucumbers at the Lima Rd Walmart and was really upset that they were so much more expensive than the Walmart at Maysville.

I've noticed this a lot at Meijer too.

If you want to see some wild price differences, pull up an Applebee's menu for New York City vs. Fort Wayne. Be prepared to affraid

Fort Wayne New York City
Fiesta Lime Chicken $9.79 $16.99
Honey Baby Back Ribs $15.99 $26.99
Several Desserts all at $4.99 $7.99

I know I chose probably one of the worst comparisions using New York City. Not that it's right, but since cost of living is different in different places, I'm not surprised by the difference in prices. That said, I'm frugal so the price difference would upset me a bit.

One thing about Arby's is they run a lot of specials, could you have recieved a coupon or special without knowing about it?
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Local Arby's Empty Re: Local Arby's

Post  Guest Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:14 am

F*ck Arby's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down