The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another McCain Gaffe

4 posters

Go down

Another McCain Gaffe Empty Another McCain Gaffe

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:25 am

from CNN .... I won't say a word, I will let McCain speak for himself.

McCain again cites current events in 'Czechoslovakia'
Posted: 07:06 AM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

McCain again referred to the nation of Czechoslovakia, which no longer exists.
(CNN) – For the second time in two days, John McCain has referred to current events in “Czechoslovakia” – a country that officially ceased to exist in January of 1993.

“And I regret some of the recent behavior Russia that has exhibited, and I’ll be glad to talk about that later on including reduction in oil supplies to Czechoslovakia after they agreed with us on a missile defense system, etcetera,” said the presumptive Republican nominee at a New Mexico town hall Tuesday.

More than fifteen years ago, Czechoslovakia officially split into two nations – the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

On Monday, the Arizona senator made virtually the same statement about recent Russian moves that troubled him, citing that country’s attempt to reduce “the energy supplies to Czechoslovakia.”

Later that evening, McCain’s campaign sent reporters a statement on the issue, which quoted the Arizona senator calling the nation “the Czech Republic” twice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Another McCain Gaffe Empty Re: Another McCain Gaffe

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:31 am

Later that day, McCain discussed the moral bankruptcy of flappers, and his joy over the continued enforcement of alcohol prohibition.

Then he quietly sipped a sarsaparilla on the davenport.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 am

Bman wrote:from CNN .... I won't say a word, I will let McCain speak for himself.

McCain again cites current events in 'Czechoslovakia'
Posted: 07:06 AM ET

From CNN Associate Political Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand

McCain again referred to the nation of Czechoslovakia, which no longer exists.
(CNN) – For the second time in two days, John McCain has referred to current events in “Czechoslovakia” – a country that officially ceased to exist in January of 1993.

“And I regret some of the recent behavior Russia that has exhibited, and I’ll be glad to talk about that later on including reduction in oil supplies to Czechoslovakia after they agreed with us on a missile defense system, etcetera,” said the presumptive Republican nominee at a New Mexico town hall Tuesday.

More than fifteen years ago, Czechoslovakia officially split into two nations – the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

On Monday, the Arizona senator made virtually the same statement about recent Russian moves that troubled him, citing that country’s attempt to reduce “the energy supplies to Czechoslovakia.”

Later that evening, McCain’s campaign sent reporters a statement on the issue, which quoted the Arizona senator calling the nation “the Czech Republic” twice.
I have a hard time seeing how this is a big deal to you and yet you dismiss the 57 state comment as if it was nothing. Are there 2 sets of standards?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:59 pm

indeed.. we were already told that gaffe's are acceptable and not a big deal...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:07 pm

soooo a gaff for obama is an infrequent one-slip of the tongue..kinda easily explained when one considers where the primaries were at the time..focus on total stated PLUS our stepchildren such as guam..and a gaff for mccain is when he repeats the misinformation once, twice, three times..its just a gaff after all. Razz
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:14 am

Both of them have misspoken several times over their careers.... some are indeed worse that others.. you can tell who's really grasping for things though...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Both of them have misspoken several times over their careers.... some are indeed worse that others.. you can tell who's really grasping for things though...

The problem though ... seriously ... is that ALL of McCains gaffes are issue related .. Sunnis vs Shiites, Czechoslovakia vs Czech Republic / Slovkia and Obama confusing states he has been in and primaries he has competed it ... and McCains gaffes are all in what people think is his strong suit, if this is his strong suit watch out for more feck ups on his weak chit ... LOL. Just my two cents worth. Oh ... and as for the Joint Chief of the Armed Services comment ... Hillary, McCain, Obama and Bush all say they consult with the Joint Chiefs on military issues, this is no gaffe, it is one right wing commentators (LTRT posted the article somewhere) attempt at trying to make it a gaffe, if it was a gaffe McCain would have pounced all over it ... so no gaffe on that comment by Obama.

I looking forward to the next 8 years and seeing and listening to all ludirious things the right wing will say about President Obama and the democratic congress (with 60 senators to stop all republican filibusters ... ) ... times will be good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am

McCain isn't "pouncing" on Obama's mis-steps because theirs no need to. What can McCain say that'll make it sound worse than Obama not knowing how many states we have? And honestly, once you start to get on them (which you seem so keen on) you are completely ignoring the issues, and the candidates ability to do anything. It turns into a "oh yeah, well my dad and beat up your dad" contest, and last I checked, I don't think either candidate is going to stoop to that level.

Besides.. if you think the Dem's are going to be able to withstand the next 4 years increases in gas prices your nuts. BO's windfall tax alone will guarantee we see $7 gas, let alone increased demand and his inability to see that a strong dollar should be the #1 priority.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Bman wrote:Oh ... and as for the Joint Chief of the Armed Services comment ... Hillary, McCain, Obama and Bush all say they consult with the Joint Chiefs on military issues, this is no gaffe, it is one right wing commentators (LTRT posted the article somewhere) attempt at trying to make it a gaffe, if it was a gaffe McCain would have pounced all over it ... so no gaffe on that comment by Obama.

I'm glad you noticed, was starting to think my posts were falling on deaf ears blind eyes. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:53 pm

It's been awhile since we talked about the President, so here it is... Razz

Bman, you have said that the right wing is no different than the left when it comes to blasting the other side. Tell me, when has a "right-leaning city" ever actually tried to publicly ridicule a sitting president?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/25/america/bush.php
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:56 am

Markwes wrote:It's been awhile since we talked about the President, so here it is... Razz

Bman, you have said that the right wing is no different than the left when it comes to blasting the other side. Tell me, when has a "right-leaning city" ever actually tried to publicly ridicule a sitting president?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/25/america/bush.php
IF that happens, I move that there be a national award for the worst intern, and that award should be called "The Clinton Intern Award," and you know, go to the intern that sucked the most...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down