The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs

+2
iberlingirl
moondrop
6 posters

Go down

Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs Empty Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs

Post  moondrop Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:43 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5604598&page=1

Next they will be forced to perform abortion, assisted suicides, sex changes, etc..

You think our health care system is in trouble now just wait.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs Empty Re: Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:18 pm

Don't want to perform a legal medical procedure? Move somewhere else or get another job. Simple as that. Similar situation to those pharmacists who refused to DO THEIR JOBS and dispense drugs. Glad it was a unanimous decision as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs Empty Re: Doctors being forced to go agaisnt their beliefs

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Every time I go to the Doc for whatever reason, a cold, the flu... aches and pains, I still demand he give me a full prostate exam.

Totally against his will.

Then I make him a nice sandwich, we listen to Kenny G, and giggle while we share our dreams .

Good times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:34 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Every time I go to the Doc for whatever reason, a cold, the flu... aches and pains, I still demand he give me a full prostate exam.

Then I make him a nice sandwich, we listen to Kenny G, and giggle while we share our dreams .

Good times.

I just spit some ice tea out of my mouth ... lol

mmmm a nice sloppy joe sandwich.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Every time I go to the Doc for whatever reason, a cold, the flu... aches and pains, I still demand he give me a full prostate exam.

Good times.
lol! lol! lol! holy shit, that was funny!!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:23 pm

OA, do you discuss the next probing and what songs you will listen to as well? lol!

Hope you have many more happy giggling and dream sharing OA.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Calif. court: Homosexual rights trump religious freedom
Jeff Johnson - OneNewsNow - 8/19/2008 6:45:00 AMBookmark and Share

medical symbol smallThe same California Supreme Court that created a "right" to homosexual "marriage" earlier this year has now ruled that the state may force healthcare professionals to provide services that support an immoral and physically dangerous lifestyle.

California's highest court was unanimous in its decision on Monday that Christian doctors may not refuse to perform artificial insemination for homosexual patients. (See "California court says no religious exemption for doctors") Attorney Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute (PJI), reacts to the ruling.

"This is a clear violation of the fundamental rights of individuals to live and practice their faith," he states bluntly. "Forcing doctors to have to choose between being a doctor and being a Christian in the State of California is an outrageous violation of the fundamental rights of every American to be able to practice their faith and not to have to leave their occupation because of it."

In the case in question, the Christian doctors refused to perform artificial insemination on a lesbian patient, but did refer her to another doctor who would perform the elective treatment. Dacus says that proves this suit was not about guaranteeing "healthcare" for homosexuals, but instead about punishing Christians for obeying God's Word.

Brad Dacus PJI"This is not about denying people services," the attorney argues. "This is, instead, about the 'thought police' attempting to censor Christian beliefs and Christian perspectives that don't agree with homosexuality. We're talking...about individuals being able to force doctors or other professionals to violate their faith in order to keep their job." And that, he adds, is a clear violation of the rights of individuals to be able to practice their expertise and, at the same time, not to have to deny their faith.

The PJI president says the ruling is quite broad and will apply to almost every profession in the state, meaning that Christian professionals and service providers -- childcare providers, for instance -- will be forced to provide services to homosexuals that support their immoral lifestyle and clearly violate biblical standards.

"For example, lawyers who are engaging in marriage and family law can now be forced to [execute] documents for homosexuals adopting children...," Dacus offers. "And individual with a wedding service, despite their Christian faith to the contrary, can now be forced to conduct wedding services and wedding preparations for lesbian or homosexual male couples."

Dacus says the case is certain to be appealed. "This just goes to show how critically important it is for us in the United States to have a Supreme Court that is not against those who practice the Christian faith but, instead, understands what the Constitution is about and [do] not engage in outrageous judicial activism," he says.

+++++++++++++

This is opening a big bag of worms that I do not believe either side wants to deal with.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:30 am

not with you in it anyway..like we havent all fallen for your bait in the past. i decline.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 am

What I find most interesting here is that the doctor referred her to someone that would inseminate her... so in the end, he was supporting her "immoral" lifestyle anyway... just choosing not do do it himself... a very popular hand-washing comes to mind.

The law in California treats homosexuals as a 'class'... like blacks, christians etc... that said, there is no issue here... the guy Has a choice now, stop practicing, or practice in another state... There are huge cans of worms here... the fact that he is runnign a fertility clinic alone suggests to me that he is in the business of making fertile that which God has not... an act that he has apparently no trouble jumping over with his moral high horse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:46 am

moondrop wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5604598&page=1

Next they will be forced to perform abortion, assisted suicides, sex changes, etc..

You think our health care system is in trouble now just wait.
I don't think of it as the same. If a woman wants to have a child and the doctors performs insemination, then he/she should do it for all. I don't see how it's different than refusing to do surgery on a gay individual because he doesn't approve of the lifestyle. Abortion, assisted suicides, etc. are procedures that a doctor can choose to do or not to do, without the possibilty of discrimination.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:37 am

Interesting points Pez and Mark.

Mark, I think it is different because one is needed (surgery) the other is not. And I am afraid that this is going to open up many other areas as I have mentioned that will take away the doctors choices.

Pez, I thought the same thing, the doctor did not leave them hanging out cold, he referred them to someone else.
As far as moving to another state, why should the doctor have to his rights are being violated as well. And it won't be long moving to another state will not make a difference, this will spread all over the US.

Maybe we need doctors for homosexuals, as we do have some who specialize in different races due to unique health histories in their cultures. Question

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 am

moondrop wrote:
Maybe we need doctors for homosexuals, as we do have some who specialize in different races due to unique health histories in their cultures. Question

This quite possibly is the most racist and homophobic thing I have ever read.

I hearby offer my polite exit from this forum until a notice of MoonDoe's removal is formally posted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:45 am

moondrop wrote:

Incredible ... you folks can have her!

wow ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:53 am

moondrop wrote:Interesting points Pez and Mark.

Mark, I think it is different because one is needed (surgery) the other is not. And I am afraid that this is going to open up many other areas as I have mentioned that will take away the doctors choices.

Pez, I thought the same thing, the doctor did not leave them hanging out cold, he referred them to someone else.
As far as moving to another state, why should the doctor have to his rights are being violated as well. And it won't be long moving to another state will not make a difference, this will spread all over the US.

No, we don't think the same thing at all... I think the doctor is a hypocrite... To be plain, he's a fertility doctor that treated a lesbian until it came time to inseminate her, and after that he refused treatment. Further, if he actually put his beliefs in front of his wallet, he would not have referred her at all... even greater than that, he should not have treated her to begin with.

The doctor is not having his rights violated at all... the law treats homosexuals as a class, along with christians...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 pm

That was not meant to be a homophobic or racist comment at all. We have doctors who specialize in treating different cultures and illnesses all the time. Why not someone who specializes in health problems and specific situations that arise for homosexuals?

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm

moondrop wrote:That was not meant to be a homophobic or racist comment at all. We have doctors who specialize in treating different cultures and illnesses all the time. Why not someone who specializes in health problems and specific situations that arise for homosexuals?

Really Doe? Or are you simply trying to cover your ass right now, knowing this rude comment might lead others to believe you should be banned to the pits of hell?

I think I know my answer ....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Sounds to me that the doctor is a hypocrite to begin with. He's doing work that goes against god, and then decides to be picky?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:26 pm

I'm ignoring this thread, I'm ignoring this thread............ (well, maybe not completely.)

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:28 am

Oliver's Army wrote:
moondrop wrote:

I hearby offer my polite exit from this forum until a notice of MoonDoe's removal is formally posted.

i second that.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:17 am

Yea... I ignored that part of the comment, and commented only on the part where she said we agree...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:53 pm

floridafun wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:
moondrop wrote:

i second that.

Really? Because I think she's said many things that were worse.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down