The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson for today: don't throw eggs at cars

+2
moondrop
iberlingirl
6 posters

Go down

Lesson for today:  don't throw eggs at cars Empty Lesson for today: don't throw eggs at cars

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Ohio teenager who was egging cars fatally shot

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Police say a Columbus teenager who was throwing eggs at cars as part of a late-night prank has been fatally shot.
Police say 16-year-old Garrett Burton was with at least one other teenage boy Saturday in the backyard of a home when someone shot him in the head just before 3 a.m. Police have no suspects.

The band at Westland High School, where Burton was a student, played the school’s alma mater in memory of him at Saturday night’s football game.

Another Columbus teen was killed in an egging incident in December 2006. Fourteen-year-old Danny Crawford was shot after a group of boys he was with threw an egg at a car. No one has been charged in that case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Lesson for today:  don't throw eggs at cars Empty Re: Lesson for today: don't throw eggs at cars

Post  iberlingirl Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
Ohio teenager who was egging cars fatally shot

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Police say a Columbus teenager who was throwing eggs at cars as part of a late-night prank has been fatally shot.
Police say 16-year-old Garrett Burton was with at least one other teenage boy Saturday in the backyard of a home when someone shot him in the head just before 3 a.m. Police have no suspects.

The band at Westland High School, where Burton was a student, played the school’s alma mater in memory of him at Saturday night’s football game.

Another Columbus teen was killed in an egging incident in December 2006. Fourteen-year-old Danny Crawford was shot after a group of boys he was with threw an egg at a car. No one has been charged in that case.
Just goes to show, there are many crazies out there. Some ppl are sick of "teens behaving badly" and "taking the law into their own hands." Maybe this kids friends will learn a lesson here (horribly learned, but still a lesson)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Lesson for today:  don't throw eggs at cars Empty Re: Lesson for today: don't throw eggs at cars

Post  moondrop Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:19 pm

I hope they catch the shooter and put him/her on the table. Eggs on car = shot in head, do not think so.
Call 911.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:48 pm

kinda shocking since everyone should be allowed to have all the guns they want, and gun owners are so responsible and all...
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:58 pm

floridafun wrote:kinda shocking since everyone should be allowed to have all the guns they want, and gun owners are so responsible and all...
Yeah, and since guns are the only way to kill people...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:06 pm

I've always like the crossbow. Especially those cool ones with multi-bolt cartridges.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I've always like the crossbow. Especially those cool ones with multi-bolt cartridges.
Yes, they are cool. I might have to look into getting me one, being the responsible crossbow owner that I am, (or could be Cool ).
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:35 am

floridafun wrote:kinda shocking since everyone should be allowed to have all the guns they want, and gun owners are so responsible and all...

I'll go out on a limb and guess the shooter didn't purchase their gun legally.......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:31 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

I'll go out on a limb and guess the shooter didn't purchase their gun legally.......

exactly!!!!!

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:17 pm

This is yet another example of the quality folk that live in Columbus though...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:26 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:This is yet another example of the quality folk that live in Columbus though...
yeah, yeah, whatever... Rolling Eyes Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:This is yet another example of the quality folk that live in Columbus though...

hehehe... had to get a shot in there... after all.. this is the same town that has a school who leaves their #1 RB and possible Heisman candidate in against a 1-AA school long enough to get him hurt...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:36 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

hehehe... had to get a shot in there... after all.. this is the same town that has a school who leaves their #1 RB and possible Heisman candidate in against a 1-AA school long enough to get him hurt...

At least they beat that 1-AA school...

(insert Notre Dame joke here)
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:49 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Kind of a catch 22...I know I said I thought they left him in too long, but you can also look at it from the standpoint that you want Wells (and the rest of the team for that matter) to be ready for that HUGE GAME on Sept. 13 against USC, so the more game-type experience they can get the better. Plus, it's not like he was hit by anyone. The dude just went down. I guess it could have happened at any time. It's just more magnified b/c it happened when the OSU had a big lead.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:16 pm

I tend to work more on the NFL thinking.. if it's a pointless game (aka preseason) don't play your starters.

Besides, I think a strong showing against USC will do the most regardless of what happened against the Penguins. 300 yards against a 1-AA school or 100 yards against a top notch USC.. I'll take the 100 against USC all day. Not that it matters, I don't see OSU getting the Heisman or into the Nat'l title game this year. They shit the pot 2 years in a row and unless they destroy USC (which isn't possible in LA) everyone will point to their pathetic schedule as evidence for why they shouldn't get in.

Of course.. that's assuming Illinois, Wisconsin and/or Penn State don't upset them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down