The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal"

+3
anderson
Aggie Transplant
Cincy Fan 44
7 posters

Go down

Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal" Empty Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal"

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 am

Nearly fell out of my chair as I was watching Boston Legal tonight. There was a case involving a brother suing the military because his brother died due to malpractice at a "Fort Wayne Military Hospital." I won't tell you how it turned out in case some haven't seen the show yet...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal" Empty Re: Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal"

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:56 am

Thanks -- I taped it but haven't watched it yet. And yes, I mean "taped". I'm staying in a condo for temp. housing, and it has a VHS recorder.

I miss TiVO!

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal" Empty Re: Fort Wayne gets a mention on "Boston Legal"

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:00 am

And, talking about Fort Wayne being mentioned in the media........ I think this has been mentioned before, but did you know that Charlton Heston (or whatever his character's name was) was from Fort Wayne in Planet of the Apes?

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:25 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:Planet of the Apes?

I have always wanted to add this title to my collection. Now I've got one more reason.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  anderson Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:46 am

Also, apparently in the new rock movie staring the dude from The Office about the naked drummer they mention having a show in Fort Wayne at the Tiger Room.

Since there is currently no tiger room in Fort Wayne it was decided that the backroom at CS3 would be dubbed the Tiger Room.
anderson
anderson
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 113
Location : If there is a bright center of the universe, we're on the planet it's furthest from.

http://www.dirtyfootfamily.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 am

And Fawn Liebowitz (the dead sorority girl in Animal House) was from Fort Wayne also...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:20 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Nearly fell out of my chair as I was watching Boston Legal tonight. There was a case involving a brother suing the military because his brother died due to malpractice at a "Fort Wayne Military Hospital." I won't tell you how it turned out in case some haven't seen the show yet...

I heard ole Alan Shore mention that also and was going to post on it. Good catch...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:23 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:And, talking about Fort Wayne being mentioned in the media........ I think this has been mentioned before, but did you know that Charlton Heston (or whatever his character's name was) was from Fort Wayne in Planet of the Apes?
It was "Taylor." And I didn't even have to google it! (Although I would to find out what his first name was.)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 am

Dr. Frank Burns was from Fort Wayne also.

I didn't care too much for the new Planet of The Apes.

Meta, Best Buy has the original one for $12.99 and a combo original and remake for $14.99
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:39 am

I didn't like the new "Apes" movie much, either. I don't know if Mark Wahlberg was from Ft. Wayne, but Charleston Heston was.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Canuck wrote:Meta, Best Buy has the original one for $12.99 and a combo original and remake for $14.99

Cool Cool

I went to the BB at Apple Glen and all they had was a $38 5 or 6 DVD set. I'll just have to keep looking.

Last edited by meta4 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 pm

Shelley Long (Cheers) lived in Indian Village, when she lived here, I believe.
Carol Lumbard (sp) lived in West Central, I use to live about 5 houses from her old house.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:28 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:And, talking about Fort Wayne being mentioned in the media........ I think this has been mentioned before, but did you know that Charlton Heston (or whatever his character's name was) was from Fort Wayne in Planet of the Apes?

Yes.

We are mentioned alot in M.A.S.H. also.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down