The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama will stage rally at legion mall again

4 posters

Go down

Obama will stage rally at legion mall again Empty Obama will stage rally at legion mall again

Post  Guest Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:15 pm

By Bill Ruthhart
bill.ruthhart@indystar.com

Sen. Barack Obama's Thursday rally in Indianapolis will be held at 11 a.m. Downtown on the American Legion Mall.

The "Change We Need" rally will mark Obama's second event on the mall. The Illinois senator drew more than 20,000 people to the site the night before the May 6 primary.

Gates for Thursday's rally will open at 9 a.m. The event is free and open to the public. Tickets are not required but the campaign is encouraging those planning to attend to RSVP online at www.in.barackobama.com.

The rally, which will be held rain or shine, will be Obama's last campaign event before spending most of Thursday and Friday in Hawaii with his seriously ill grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham.

Rain should hold off until after 1 p.m., the National Weather Service forecast says. It will be mostly cloudy Thursday with a high of 60.

Thursday's rally will mark Obama's 47th stop in Indiana this year and seventh since the primary. Sen. John McCain has made two stops in Indiana, the last July 1 when he addressed a gathering of the nation's sheriffs.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, and Sen. Joe Biden, Obama's running mate, each have made one appearance in Indiana. Palin held a rally Friday in Noblesville while Biden made a stop in southern Indiana in September.

For anyone interested. Might be interesting to see the next President of the United States of America. It's walking distance from my office.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obama will stage rally at legion mall again Empty Re: Obama will stage rally at legion mall again

Post  floridafun Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 pm

you should go jugo..give us your unbiased thoughts on it!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Obama will stage rally at legion mall again Empty Re: Obama will stage rally at legion mall again

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 am

We'll see how it turns out. I'm walking to the site from work with a few coworkers. We'll probably not get anywhere close to the Messiah. Should be an interesting event. I brought my camera to work. I'll have pics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 am

If anybody goes, hold a STOP ABORTION sign for me. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:29 am

If anybody goes, please hold a STOP HAMMERTIME sign for me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:57 am

Oliver's Army wrote:If anybody goes, please hold a STOP HAMMERTIME sign for me.

Obama will stage rally at legion mall again 431148
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:59 am

How about a stop LTRT sign!! Cool
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:20 pm

Mort wrote:How about a stop LTRT sign!! Cool
What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying somebody should "help/stop" LTRT from rolling on the floor laughing, or are you saying you want to ban his opinions? scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:27 pm

yes Laughing
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:29 pm

Yes. It's LTRTs turn to put the gag mask on. Obama will stage rally at legion mall again 431148

I'm next...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Early estimates are around 30,000 in attendance. I was pretty close to the front for that many people.

Obama was late. There was little done to keep the crowd riled up except for the music playing (good stuff, lotsa funk and stuff).

Overall it was a really neat thing to attend. Very laid back and calm crowd. I thought they could have done more to get people pumped up. All sorts of people there. Lots of FFA kids were in attendance as well.

On a side note, they had access to the City / County building blocked off. According to a local reserve cop, "someone said a group was going to bum rush the City County Building". So, tons of cop cars and no action.

There was a small group of kids from Crown Point, that were in a drum corp, that read a small group to the city county building for some sort of thing. Surely not the HUGE TERRORIST THREAT they thought was coming. WATCH OUT! Kids with drums and instruments are going to blow up the building! Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:16 pm

http://www2.indystar.com/autofocus/galleries/show/4059/1

Better pics than mine. We were in between the big flag, and the strip that was blocked off in the middle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:54 pm

aww those are so good! thanks jugo!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down