The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriotism and Americanism

+2
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Patriotism and Americanism Empty Patriotism and Americanism

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 am

Ok, lately there have been several charges by the McCain Campaign and their surrogates that there are parts of America that are real and parts that are not real. There have been claims about peoples patriotism too. For example, the Representative from Minnesota who wanted a full blown expose on members of congress (house and senate) to uncover their level of patriotism. Is she related to Joe McCarthy? Now we have a Representative from North Carolina who got caught in the same type of language, denied it at first and now is admitting to saying it but now says he just said his words wrong.

What the FUCK conservatives? Do you think you have the market cornered on patriotism and being American? Have the republicans become that desperate that they are sinking to this level to try to snatch victory from the mouth of defeat.

Any liberal who can vote for a republican this cycle should be ashamed of themselves.

I guess the AWB website sums up the right wing now ... all that is left in their party are Angry White Boys and the Evangelicals (kind of funny that the "christians" would be lumped in to such a website). I used the ".." in tribute to John McCain using his air quotes all the time now.

13 Days until Victory for America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Patriotism and Americanism Empty Re: Patriotism and Americanism

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:06 am

I look at it from the standpoint that EACH PARTY is willing to say or do ANYTHING to get their respective candidate elected. I think they call it "politics."

I've already made up my mind who I'm going to vote for, and am trying to turn my attention toward other things and tune out all the wild accusations, finger pointing, name calling, witch hunting, etc. that will infest the next 13 days of our lives.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:16 am

Good luck with that Cincy! Wink
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:22 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I look at it from the standpoint that EACH PARTY is willing to say or do ANYTHING to get their respective candidate elected. I think they call it "politics."

I've already made up my mind who I'm going to vote for, and am trying to turn my attention toward other things and tune out all the wild accusations, finger pointing, name calling, witch hunting, etc. that will infest the next 13 days of our lives.

Yep, that's politics.

Seriously, I was just thinking that it's been kind of quiet. I don't mind Bman's occasional snapshot of what he gets from the DNC and BHO Campaign. I can definitely see Bman's "fingerprint" in this blurb.

And I kinda agree that it seems the Republican party seems to have shrunk to include "label" groups. I find it difficult to align with a "party" because every party has plenty of wacko's. Politics and churches breed them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:35 am

Congressman admits saying, 'Liberals hate real Americans'
Posted: 05:25 AM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Hayes is facing a tough reelection race.
(CNN) — A North Carolina congressman locked in a tight re-election race admitted Tuesday to recently telling a crowd of John McCain supporters that "liberals hate real Americans," the latest in a string of comments from Republicans that appear to question Democrats' patriotism.

Rep. Robin Hayes, a five-term Republican who has been heavily targeted by Democrats this election cycle, first denied making the remarks, but conceded Monday afternoon that he was accurately quoted.

"After reading it, there is no doubt that it came out completely the wrong way," Hayes said. “I actually was trying to work to keep the crowd as respectful as possible, so this is definitely not what I intended."

The comments came at a McCain rally in Concord, North Carolina Saturday before the Arizona senator or members of his staff had arrived at the event. As first reported by the New York Observer, Hayes said, "Liberals hate real Americans that work and achieve and believe in God."

Hayes also told the raucous crowd to make sure "we don't say something stupid, make sure we don't say something we don't mean," warning the news media would likely distort such remarks.

In his statement Tuesday, Hayes suggested he meant to differentiate between the liberal and conservative philosophies rather than directly impugn the patriotism of his opponents.

"Liberals are advocating higher taxes, which I believe punish success — and they are advocating policies like gay marriage that I feel undermine strong families," he said. "We have a strong difference of opinion about the future of our nation, but obviously this was the wrong way to get that difference of opinion across."

Read the rest of this entry »

Filed under: DCCC • Robin Hayes • Sarah Palin
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:41 am

Can we just go ahead and agree that unless Obama is caught fucking a goat in a church somewhere, he is pretty much our next president?

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:49 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Can we just go ahead and agree that unless Obama is caught fucking a goat in a church somewhere, he is pretty much our next president?

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.
That comment is pointless without pictures. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:50 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Can we just go ahead and agree that unless Obama is caught fucking a goat in a church somewhere, he is pretty much our next president?

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.

Patriotism and Americanism 795451

But wait...I'd *still* vote for him even if he did get caught nailing a goat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:50 am

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.
well, that was sort of the point of my starting the "let's cut out the political stuff" thread, but then that thread itself became a political discussion.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.
well, that was sort of the point of my starting the "let's cut out the political stuff" thread, but then that thread itself became a political discussion.

You're a firestarter Aggie!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:55 am

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.

Respectfully Ollie I am not ready to say that Obama is going to win. Trust me the next 13 days are going to NASTY ... I mean really nasty coming after Obama. He is leaving the campaign for a couple of days to visit his dying grandmother in Hawaii, he is a black man, and his name is Obama. Obama is STILL the underdog in this race. At this time 4 years ago John Kerry was ahead by 10 points in many battle states and still lost those states and the election.

I agree ... all of the bickering has gotten old but in 15 days it will subside here, maybe not in the country here on this board by Thursday November 6th. most of the heated political discussion will be over and we can get back to discussing FOOD, Music, Harrison Square, The Tin Caps, winter etc ....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

For patriotism you have to go to Wasilla, Alaska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXwQKrL92c4
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:10 am

That's like Clinton. When he was getting head in the Oval Office and makin' that pussy wet with cigars, I was thinking, "Now that's a true playa".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:12 am

Bman wrote:...he is a black man...

With a white mother, isn't that 1/2 black?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:18 am

LTRT wrote:

... or half African-american! cyclops

Why not refer to him as 1/2 white? Can he also be 1/2 Muslim? What about 1/2 Christian?

Bill Clinton admitted to being "half-baked" because he didn't inhale. GWB has half a brain.

Hooray for the halves and the halve-nots!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:19 am

I am not all right.

Because I am half left.

Last edited by Oliver's Army on Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 am

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

... or half African-american! cyclops

Why not refer to him as 1/2 white? Can he also be 1/2 Muslim? What about 1/2 Christian?

Bill Clinton admitted to being "half-baked" because he didn't inhale. GWB has half a brain.

Hooray for the halves and the halve-nots!
Can your shit be halfway weak? Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.

Who was it that started this thread, oh yeh, I see. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:24 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Can your shit be halfway weak? Laughing

Only Sunday through Wednesday (around noon)...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMj1ftgDmJ8

Are any of you a real American?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Canuck wrote:For patriotism you have to go to Wasilla, Alaska.

ollie this is soooo funny!!! i hadnt seen it before, i will spread it around!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm

floridafun wrote:

Althought I am freaking laugh riot, Canuck posted the link.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:53 pm

LTRT wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:

This shit is getting OLD

and weak.

Who was it that started this thread, oh yeh, I see. Laughing

uh..my thought on the point of starting the thread..this is a fair topic to be discussed any time, and particularly now so close to this election. i am quite offended by the comments on mccains campaign trail about unamerican liberals. its the latest divisive tactic and wont work well..but its still disrespectful, ex-clusionary and offensive particularly coming from elected officials. there is no greater love for country than to try to elect leaders one believes will take the nation in a much improved direction than it has been going the last several years.

and really are there none here who find ways to infer lack of patriotic american ideals among the non-neocons?

Last edited by floridafun on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:
floridafun wrote:

Althought I am freaking laugh riot, Canuck posted the link.

oops..sorry i used wrong name there!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:05 pm

No worries ff.. cheers

This is also patriotic.