The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case

3 posters

Go down

Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case Empty Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:35 pm

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/ohiopolitics/entries/2008/11/21/four_more_workers_disciplined.html

Four more senior staffers in the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services got taken to the state woodshed on Friday, Nov. 21 in the “Joe the Plumber” snooping case. Two were suspended without pay - one for four weeks, a second for two weeks.

The action comes a day after Gov. Ted Strickland suspended department director Helen Jones-Kelley of Clayton for a month without pay. Ohio Inspector General Tom Charles found that Jones-Kelley improperly authorized searches of state databases to get information on Samuel Jospeh - “Joe the Plumber” - Wurzelbacher and improperly used her state e-mail account to raise money for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
They should have all been fired for abusing their office.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case Empty Re: Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case

Post  floridafun Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:03 am

in the real world, yes. ....but this is ohio we are talking about santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case Empty Re: Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case

Post  Mort Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:57 am

can em Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case 795451 Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case 14142 Four more disciplined in Joe The Plumber snooping case 763131
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:18 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/ohiopolitics/entries/2008/11/21/four_more_workers_disciplined.html

Four more senior staffers in the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services got taken to the state woodshed on Friday, Nov. 21 in the “Joe the Plumber” snooping case. Two were suspended without pay - one for four weeks, a second for two weeks.

The action comes a day after Gov. Ted Strickland suspended department director Helen Jones-Kelley of Clayton for a month without pay. Ohio Inspector General Tom Charles found that Jones-Kelley improperly authorized searches of state databases to get information on Samuel Jospeh - “Joe the Plumber” - Wurzelbacher and improperly used her state e-mail account to raise money for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
They should have all been fired for abusing their office.

Hey at least we know he is a tax fraud and cheat ... something good came out of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:18 pm

yeah....wonder how his book will spin the whole thing..heard he signed a deal. plus i read he has started a blog but you pay 35.00 or something to join and have access?? wellll him and sarah and maybe the blond dingbat from the view..who else would pay to go there pig jocolor
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:11 pm

floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:15 am

And Mcsame was promoting this guy Shocked drunken
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Yes, something GOOD did come of this...Helen Jones-Kelly has RESIGNED!!!

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/ohiopolitics/entries/2008/12/17/helen_joneskelley_resigns_from.html

Helen Jones-Kelley has resigned as director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Gov. Ted Strickland’s office announced today, Dec. 17.

State Inspector General Tom Charles found that Jones-Kelley improperly authorized database searches of Samuel Joseph “Joe the Plumber” Wurzelbacher during the presidential campaign.

Strickland had suspended Jones-Kelley for a month without pay on Nov. 7 because of reports that she used her state e-mail account for political fund raising. Charles’ report also confirmed those allegations.

“My professional career and the legacy of service I have established has been and continues to be far too important for me to allow my reputation and my commitment as a servant to be disparaged,” Jones-Kelley said in a statement released by Strickland’s office. “I also remain concerned for the safety of my family and myself.”
I wonder if it was a case of Ohio Governor Strickland saying "If you don't resign, you're fired"??? scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:03 am

i suspect thats the case. if she resigns she gets to keep her retirement benefits probably. just noticed the oddity of the word "resign"=re-sign..seems oxymoronish study tongue
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:29 am

It was unfortunate that she lost her job over this. I'm glad she and her accomplices found what they had found. After all, it was the truth and the American people had benefited. Still, I think she abused the resources at her disposal for political motivations.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:35 am

meta4 wrote:It was unfortunate that she lost her job over this. I'm glad she and her accomplices found what they had found. After all, it was the truth and the American people had benefited. Still, I think she abused the resources at her disposal for political motivations.
So you're okay with public officials abusing their office over non-life-threatening situations?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:47 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:It was unfortunate that she lost her job over this. I'm glad she and her accomplices found what they had found. After all, it was the truth and the American people had benefited. Still, I think she abused the resources at her disposal for political motivations.
So you're okay with public officials abusing their office over non-life-threatening situations?

...as opposed to them abusing it over life-threatening situations? I think good judgement prevailed, whether or not it was to the benefit of either party. I couldn't recall a situation to compare this to, with an abuse of power in a life-threatening situation. I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

This whole situation is so abstract it falls into the category of "who really cares". Joe was plucked from obscurity because he stepped up and asked a presidential candidate a question that could have been answered by any garden variety CPA, even Card. Suspect All of the sudden he's a poster child for a political opponent.

I don't take pleasure in having his dirty laundry aired, it just served as an example (for me at least) that one should have his/her own house in order before stepping into the political arena.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:15 am

**UPDATE**

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2009/01/07/ddn010709joe.html

COLUMBUS — Gov. Ted Strickland has signed legislation aimed at ending "Joe the Plumber"-style government snooping.

Substitute House Bill 648, sponsored by Rep. Shannon Jones, R-Springboro, creates civil and criminal penalties for violating rules regarding access to personal information on state databases.

It grew out of the search of state databases for information on Samuel Joseph "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher during Ohio's presidential campaign. Helen Jones-Kelley of Clayton resigned as director of the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services in the wake of an Inspector General's investigation that found she improperly authorized the searches.
Good for the Ohio Gov.! Hopefully other states will follow suit (if they don't already have similar laws)...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down