The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Credit Card Rules Will Force Banks To Reduce Credit Lines, Close Accounts

Go down

New Credit Card Rules Will Force Banks To Reduce Credit Lines, Close Accounts Empty New Credit Card Rules Will Force Banks To Reduce Credit Lines, Close Accounts

Post  Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:42 pm

http://consumerist.com/5114416/new-credit-card-rules-will-force-banks-to-reduce-credit-lines-close-accounts

Here's another reason to wean yourself off of credit cards, and build up a robust emergency fund, in 2009. An Oppenheimer & Co banking analyst has warned that the new credit card rules meant to go into effect on July 1, 2010, will have the unintended consequence of "reducing liquidity at a time when consumers need it most."

This sounds like a great side effect to me. Too many people with credit cards who shouldn't be using them.

I have ONE credit card, with no physical card. If I need to use it, I'll have to order a replacement. Which will then get cut up again after the use.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

New Credit Card Rules Will Force Banks To Reduce Credit Lines, Close Accounts Empty Re: New Credit Card Rules Will Force Banks To Reduce Credit Lines, Close Accounts

Post  floridafun Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:48 am

i just wonder why it wont go in place for a year and a half..?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down