The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new rules for priests

+5
loaner1
Markwes
Canuck
iberlingirl
moondrop
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

new rules for priests Empty new rules for priests

Post  moondrop Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:35 pm

I thought this was common sense for anyone.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=5555393

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

new rules for priests Empty Re: new rules for priests

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:53 pm

I'm resisting the urge to go on a rant but I am going to ask nicely that you knock it off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Knock what off?
It is in the news and thought it would make a good topic. As I said it is common sense for ANYONE.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:33 am

moondrop wrote:I thought this was common sense for anyone.

Common Sense, I agree. Unfortunate that it has come to this.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:53 am

moondrop wrote:Knock what off?
It is in the news and thought it would make a good topic. As I said it is common sense for ANYONE.

So is wearing a condom when you shag a sheep, but I don't post that article either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:53 am

Oliver's Army wrote:

So is wearing a condom when you shag a sheep, but I don't post that article either.

LOL, so you use common sense then OA?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Canuck wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:

LOL, so you use common sense then OA?
It's a good idea. Otherwise, you can end up with a wooly looking kid that refers to you as D-a-a-a-a-a-d.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:27 pm

That line Markwes should be in the Corny Jokes thread too... lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

lol. Good touch, bad touch!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:03 pm

Just don't take this song literally when it comes to sheep...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUPQnzOTjI
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Come on now folks, we all know from the old JG Board that Doe/Moon does not like Catholics, they are all burning in hell according to her, so this was simply a jab at all the Catholics on this board that your priests are flaming homosexuals who will rot in hell with other perverts and babykillers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:27 pm

I've had a great time staying off the religion topics in this board....

My mom once told me that you shouls never post in a thread about religion, abortion or gays. I think it's good advice, as those topics are typically ones where people have well formed opinions and are passionate about.

I dont see the need for moondrop to bring that back into this board, as we seem to get along fine without it. You can see from this thread that people are already incensed. Kindly knock it the hell off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:30 pm

I hope you "hail Mary'd" when you used the word hell Pez.

To be honest, I never even missed the religion thread.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 pm

pez wrote:I've had a great time staying off the religion topics in this board....

My mom once told me that you shouls never post in a thread about religion, abortion or gays. I think it's good advice, as those topics are typically ones where people have well formed opinions and are passionate about.
Yeah, I would agree that's good advice. Yet, I have never been able to figure out why we have a hard time engaging in a civil discussion about those things. I have been on many sides of the religion fence - athiest, Protestant, Catholic - okay, I guess there are only 2 sides of a fence, but the point is that I have never had heated arguments with anyone other than here and the old Board. It seems to me that tempers start flying when someone makes a subtle reference, like the case with this thread, and then uses the "I just thought it was an interesting story" logic to justify it. That's the point I was trying to make with all the political stuff, Obama did this mistake, McCain did that one. Blah blah. And yes, I have probably been somewhat guilty too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Bman wrote:

Come on now folks, we all know from the old JG Board that Doe/Moon does not like Catholics, they are all burning in hell according to her, so this was simply a jab at all the Catholics on this board that your priests are flaming homosexuals who will rot in hell with other perverts and babykillers.

I am so glad you can read minds! Rolling Eyes

As I have stated this should apply to anyone, just common sense.

Instead of turning this into a religious issue, why can't you stick to the topic. Child safety!!!!! Rolling Eyes

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  loaner1 Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:12 pm

moondrop wrote:
Bman wrote:

I am so glad you can read minds! Rolling Eyes

As I have stated this should apply to anyone, just common sense.

Instead of turning this into a religious issue, why can't you stick to the topic. Child safety!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes Looks like the past experience has made posters think that way Moon/Doe. Rolling Eyes
loaner1
loaner1
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:14 pm

Really???????? What the fuck about your article is common sense? Physical contact should be limited to handshakes and high fives? There are several studies and a huge body of literature that would disagree. Your incredibly vague comment with your post leaves you a lot of wiggle room so I have no idea what you think is common sense. If you're going to incite you should at least have the courage to explain yourself. Why are you here? An entire board basically left so you could have it to yourself and yet you find the need to come here and start your small minded nonsense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:14 am

I agree with a part of that Moon. Your posts leave a large amount of key details hanging in the balance. I made the comment before that you tend to leave yourself a wide berth of plausible deniability. Why not just say what you think or feel and take what you get? That's the essence of sharing thought on a message board.

Who knows, maybe if we knew more about where you were coming from you'd get less flack?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:28 am

meta4 wrote:I agree with a part of that Moon. Your posts leave a large amount of key details hanging in the balance. I made the comment before that you tend to leave yourself a wide berth of plausible deniability. Why not just say what you think or feel and take what you get? That's the essence of sharing thought on a message board.

Who knows, maybe if we knew more about where you were coming from you'd get less flack?

nah ... no chance less flack. I would have banned her a long time ago but I enjoy seeing most people on here seeth (sp?) at her, good catharsis (using a clinton word there) for my soul. Plus no one wants the title of the dumbest poster and she keeps that title as long as she posts here. Also, on the JG board we could not tell her to FUCK off here we can. Or here we tell her to go fuck GOATSE and on the JG board we could not.

Ok ... Meta, Mark and Canuck save your time I don't care if you guys don't like my contempt for her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:35 am

Moon, more kids are molested by their parents than by Priests.

So please observe child safety and stop banging your kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:37 am

Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:I agree with a part of that Moon. Your posts leave a large amount of key details hanging in the balance. I made the comment before that you tend to leave yourself a wide berth of plausible deniability. Why not just say what you think or feel and take what you get? That's the essence of sharing thought on a message board.

nah ... no chance less flack. I would have banned her a long time ago but I enjoy seeing most people on here seeth (sp?) at her, good catharsis (using a clinton word there) for my soul. Plus no one wants the title of the dumbest poster and she keeps that title as long as she posts here. Also, on the JG board we could not tell her to FUCK off here we can. Or here we tell her to go fuck GOATSE and on the JG board we could not.

Ok ... Meta, Mark and Canuck save your time I don't care if you guys don't like my contempt for her.

Now that you called me out I can't scold you. I just wanted to tell her that her shit is weak. Oh, and I'll follow suit and say "fuck".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:39 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Moon, more kids are molested by their parents than by Priests.

This gets my vote for post of the week so far.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:09 am

Amen... and what if the Hokey Pokey happens to ACTUALLY be what it's all about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:20 am

pez wrote:Amen... and what if the Hokey Pokey happens to ACTUALLY be what it's all about?
Then you turn yourself about.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Moon, more kids are molested by their parents than by Priests.

I could not agree any more with this statement. Will the Parent's Council follow the Catholic Church's lead and say that parents shouldn't tickle, or wrestle with any kids because there are parents that *gasp* are known to be pedophiles, and we just can't have that? Will the Lawyer's Bar Association also do that too since I'm sure there have been lawyers that have molested kids? Etc. Etc. Etc.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down