The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broke Buckeyes

+2
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
6 posters

Go down

Broke Buckeyes Empty Broke Buckeyes

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:14 am

OHIO: Nearly one in 10 now receives food stamps; highest number in state's history...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/03/22/foodstamps.ART_ART_03-22-08_A1_NN9NE83.html?sid=101

Probably spent all their money buying OSU gear & watching the Buckeyes. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Broke Buckeyes Empty Re: Broke Buckeyes

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:25 am

And nearly 1 in 9 michigan residents receive them too...

http://www.michiganfoodstampchallenge.org/category/statistics/

Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:And nearly 1 in 9 michigan residents receive them too...

Razz

Shocking Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:And nearly 1 in 9 michigan residents receive them too...

Razz

Shocking Shocked
You know what they say about glass houses and stones...but a nice try by LTRT, I'll give him that.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:You know what they say about glass houses and stones...but a nice try by LTRT, I'll give him that.

Thx, I see you didn't even wait 15 min for a comeback, I should've known better.

I'm still trying to make-up for the MI sucks thread. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:27 pm

That's because Buckeye fans can't read or write so they can't fill out the paperwork to get help in the first place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shouldbeworking Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Wish I could be on foodstamps...I was at the grocery last night and spent $118 on Groceries. I had alot of generics and 10/$10 crap in my cart and the lady in front of me was on food stamps, had twice as many groceries, no generics, tons of pop and crap and her bill was like twenty dollars and some change. As I've said before, somethings wrong with the system when the lower class/poverty people are eating better than the middle class full time working families.
Shouldbeworking
Shouldbeworking
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:59 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:That's because Buckeye fans can't read or write so they can't fill out the paperwork to get help in the first place.
scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Shouldbeworking wrote:Wish I could be on foodstamps...I was at the grocery last night and spent $118 on Groceries. I had alot of generics and 10/$10 crap in my cart and the lady in front of me was on food stamps, had twice as many groceries, no generics, tons of pop and crap and her bill was like twenty dollars and some change. As I've said before, somethings wrong with the system when the lower class/poverty people are eating better than the middle class full time working families.

Wasn't this the general topic we were discussing when Gimme got so mad and bolted ... didn't Card say something the kids in front of him buying Cheetos or something with food stamps? LOL.

I agree Shouldbe, foodstamps should be limited to certain items, all generic if available, no soda, no junk food ... foodstamps should go for meat, veggies and fruit and dairy products.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Bman wrote:
Shouldbeworking wrote:Wish I could be on foodstamps...I was at the grocery last night and spent $118 on Groceries. I had alot of generics and 10/$10 crap in my cart and the lady in front of me was on food stamps, had twice as many groceries, no generics, tons of pop and crap and her bill was like twenty dollars and some change. As I've said before, somethings wrong with the system when the lower class/poverty people are eating better than the middle class full time working families.

Wasn't this the general topic we were discussing when Gimme got so mad and bolted ... didn't Card say something the kids in front of him buying Cheetos or something with food stamps? LOL.

I agree Shouldbe, foodstamps should be limited to certain items, all generic if available, no soda, no junk food ... foodstamps should go for meat, veggies and fruit and dairy products.
I think that was Jugo. But anyway, aren't we doing the same thing that we accused Doe of (feather ruffling here - ha ha)? Why should they only be able to buy generic stuff and all healthy food? Some would say that meat and dairy products are unhealthy too, so do you propose a panel to decide what they should be able to buy? If you think it's a pain in the ass standing behind someone with food stamps in the checkout lane now, just think what it would be like if the clerk has to figure out what qualifies as healthy or generic. I say if you're going to start messing with it and adding restrictions here and there, just get rid of the whole program.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 pm

God told me these people were going to hell for being on welfare and abusing the system, they should repent and conform to my beliefs or burn in hell for eternity. LOL. Are we ruffling feathers? I don't remember any where it being said this board might not get a tad bit rough, but hopefully we all do it in a civil manner. I know I have never had a problem on this board or the "other" board with any of you. Now ... you might have had some problems with me, but those are your problems. hehehe

Ok, you have a point about the hassle at the check lane, I think the computer system could alert the purchaser that the item they just bought was not covered by govt subsidy do you still wish to purchase this item? The problem would be people would say "hell yea I want that pack of snickers" but then when they got all of their items scanned and the register would tell them that your bill totals $300 of which $225 is covered by govt subsidy and that $75 was owed then we would have a problem with people putting stuff back.

But with that said, I think there has to be limits on what can and can not be purchased with food stamps. Not because I want my tax dollars only spent wisely, but because these funds should be used to help a family have a balanced diet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:08 pm

I rail hard against food stamps after seeing them abused in Muncie. Now, for full disclosure, at the time I was working at the #1 food stamp store in the entire Marsh Corporation, so I saw more than my fair share, and probably more than my fair share of abusers as well.

But you'd have people seriously get pissed when they couldn't buy the pre-cooked BBQ Turkey from the deli with their food stamps. Reason being, it's a prepared food, you can't buy prepared foods with stamps. So rather than be rational about it and get an uncooked turkey to cook themselves, they'd cause a scene.

Indiana has a WIC program, you can only get certain things, like 2 gallons of milk, only Juicy Juice and certain cereals and some other stuff. Idea being that if the state is paying for you, you are only getting healthy life sustaining foods. No crap.

I feel bad for anyone on stamps, no one grows up wanting to be on them. I have a friend who's family qualified for them, but his parents refused them because they were just those type of people, they felt they needed to work harder and longer to earn their money, not be given money. And it made his kids work that much harder in life, so there are good things that can come of it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunny d Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:05 pm

If foodstamps are used the way they are meant to, I agree with them. The problem I have are with the people who abuse them. Its the people in front of you that are buying T-Bones and Lucky Charms with the foodstamps. Then they turn around and buy beer, cigarettes, and canned dog food with their cash. I was at the store the other day when someone was screaming at a manager because they were not allowed her to purchase a Easter Basket with it. Sorry but I don't see Easter candy being a necessity.

the best foodstamp scam I saw running was the people down the road who bought tons of food with foodstamps, then sold the extra. They had a store in their house!!! Half the neighborhood bought groceries from them.
sunny d
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Bman wrote:God told me these people were going to hell for being on welfare and abusing the system, they should repent and conform to my beliefs or burn in hell for eternity. LOL. Are we ruffling feathers? I don't remember any where it being said this board might not get a tad bit rough, but hopefully we all do it in a civil manner. I know I have never had a problem on this board or the "other" board with any of you. Now ... you might have had some problems with me, but those are your problems. hehehe

Ok, you have a point about the hassle at the check lane, I think the computer system could alert the purchaser that the item they just bought was not covered by govt subsidy do you still wish to purchase this item? The problem would be people would say "hell yea I want that pack of snickers" but then when they got all of their items scanned and the register would tell them that your bill totals $300 of which $225 is covered by govt subsidy and that $75 was owed then we would have a problem with people putting stuff back.

But with that said, I think there has to be limits on what can and can not be purchased with food stamps. Not because I want my tax dollars only spent wisely, but because these funds should be used to help a family have a balanced diet.
That first statement really made me chuckle. Good one! Speaking of the other board, I checked it today and the only thing I have seen recently is something from FF and then someone new talking about coming out to see some WWF wrestler that is coming to town. Woowee, it has sure died down there.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Markwes wrote:Speaking of the other board, I checked it today and the only thing I have seen recently is something from FF and then someone new talking about coming out to see some WWF wrestler that is coming to town. Woowee, it has sure died down there.
I've deleted it from my favorites in explorer. No need to go to a dead board anymore.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:17 pm

sunny d wrote: I was at the store the other day when someone was screaming at a manager because they were not allowed her to purchase a Easter Basket with it. Sorry but I don't see Easter candy being a necessity.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Drove me nuts in Muncie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:21 pm

yea me and billy boomerang from wwf over there at jg board LOL and doe whom i have no communications with. there is a new person there i wondered if doe was trying a new id..doe never posts to them yet....but they can spell LOL!!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down