The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you liberals proud of this new administration?

+2
Pez
Markwes
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are you liberals proud of this new administration? Empty Are you liberals proud of this new administration?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 am

In honor of the best alltime NFL classic folly, I can only imagine Vince Lombardi witnessing what the White House is doing today and yelling "What the hell is going on out there!!!!!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Are you liberals proud of this new administration? Empty Re: Are you liberals proud of this new administration?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:55 am

Are you liberals proud of this new administration? Troll
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Are you liberals proud of this new administration? Empty Re: Are you liberals proud of this new administration?

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am

Hey Kroman

Long time...

I'm just waiting and watching. IMO, the Obama administration isn't as obnoxious as the vile swine in the financial industry.

I want to hear about the Farmers.... How will financial markets now affect the agriculture industry in the next few months?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 pm

meta4 wrote:I'm just waiting and watching. IMO, the Obama administration isn't as obnoxious as the vile swine in the financial industry.
'Obnoxious' is not a word I would use to describe this administration either. However, I do think they are looking out for their own interests. Most economists I have heard think the economy has hit a valley and will trend upward after this year, without any government help. When that happens, mark it down that Americans will talk about how Obama revived the economy, which of course will be untrue but since most people don't know economic cycles, they will believe it. I don't buy that companies and individuals not having credit is a crisis. We have adapted before and we can do it again. Yes, there are vile swine in the financial industry. But they represent their shareholders. The president represents the entire country.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:I'm just waiting and watching. IMO, the Obama administration isn't as obnoxious as the vile swine in the financial industry.
'Obnoxious' is not a word I would use to describe this administration either. However, I do think they are looking out for their own interests. Most economists I have heard think the economy has hit a valley and will trend upward after this year, without any government help. When that happens, mark it down that Americans will talk about how Obama revived the economy, which of course will be untrue but since most people don't know economic cycles, they will believe it. I don't buy that companies and individuals not having credit is a crisis. We have adapted before and we can do it again. Yes, there are vile swine in the financial industry. But they represent their shareholders.

The president represents the entire country.

Were you going to continue with that line of thought or stop there? Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:41 pm

So far so good... The only complaints I seem to hear have been baseless... I'm not too keen on where we are going with the deficit, but at the same time I'm less keen with any other options.

I think He's making good in Iraq (18 mos), and passed the financial stimulus plan on under 40 days (involving bi-partisan compromise). He's Not letting Pelosi push him around, and he's making the right overtures abroad, especially with the current diplomatic mission Hillary is on.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Pez wrote:So far so good... The only complaints I seem to hear have been baseless... I'm not too keen on where we are going with the deficit, but at the same time I'm less keen with any other options.

I think He's making good in Iraq (18 mos), and passed the financial stimulus plan on under 40 days (involving bi-partisan compromise). He's Not letting Pelosi push him around, and he's making the right overtures abroad, especially with the current diplomatic mission Hillary is on.

Did he promise to tank the stock market?

Their "financial stimulus plan", is pretty much an oxymoron. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:32 pm

The Obama Economy
As the Dow keeps dropping, the President is running out of people to blame.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123604419092515347.html

What is new is the unveiling of Mr. Obama's agenda and his approach to governance. Every new President has a finite stock of capital -- financial and political -- to deploy, and amid recession Mr. Obama has more than most. But one negative revelation has been the way he has chosen to spend his scarce resources on income transfers rather than growth promotion. Most of his "stimulus" spending was devoted to social programs, rather than public works, and nearly all of the tax cuts were devoted to income maintenance rather than to improving incentives to work or invest.

His Treasury has been making a similar mistake with its financial bailout plans. The banking system needs to work through its losses, and one necessary use of public capital is to assist in burning down those bad assets as fast as possible. Yet most of Team Obama's ministrations so far have gone toward triage and life support, rather than repair and recovery.

AIG yesterday received its fourth "rescue," including $70 billion in Troubled Asset Relief Program cash, without any clear business direction. (See here.) Citigroup's restructuring last week added not a dollar of new capital, and also no clear direction. Perhaps the imminent Treasury "stress tests" will clear the decks, but until they do the banks are all living in fear of becoming the next AIG. All of this squanders public money that could better go toward burning down bank debt.

The market has notably plunged since Mr. Obama introduced his budget last week, and that should be no surprise. The document was a declaration of hostility toward capitalists across the economy. Health-care stocks have dived on fears of new government mandates and price controls. Private lenders to students have been told they're no longer wanted. Anyone who uses carbon energy has been warned to expect a huge tax increase from cap and trade. And every risk-taker and investor now knows that another tax increase will slam the economy in 2011, unless Mr. Obama lets Speaker Nancy Pelosi impose one even earlier.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Give it time LTRT...Rome wasn't built in a day you know? Razz As Obama said a couple of weeks ago..."This is the beginning of the end." Hopefully he meant the bad times are about to end and NOT that life as we know it will simply collapse by 2012.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:38 pm

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:So far so good... The only complaints I seem to hear have been baseless... I'm not too keen on where we are going with the deficit, but at the same time I'm less keen with any other options.

How can the stimulus plan protect a market that is in essence, chaotic? I don't understand how AIG's lust for Credit Default Swaps or an investor's personal choice of which stocks to invest in, instead of safer investments like CDs, bonds, etc. can have any reflection on the Stimulus plan (formulated by members of congress) or on Obama, or his administration.

Care to Illuminate? bounce
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:44 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

How can the stimulus plan protect a market that is in essence, chaotic? I don't understand how AIG's lust for Credit Default Swaps or an investor's personal choice of which stocks to invest in, instead of safer investments like CDs, bonds, etc. can have any reflection on the Stimulus plan (formulated by members of congress) or on Obama, or his administration.

Care to Illuminate? bounce

I suppose for starters we could discuss what's in the plan for small businesses. You don't think that some of the market's downturn hasn't had anything to do with that?

And don't say "if there's a bridge to get to your business, we'll make sure that bridge is good for travel" like good ole Joe Biden said.

Last edited by LTRT on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Bernanke Says U.S. May Need to Expand Bank Rescue (Update1)
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aabXQOXBRk8E&refer=worldwide

Economic models used by Macroeconomic Advisers LLC show the Obama stimulus package could keep the jobless rate at about 8.8 percent instead of the 9.5 percent rate that would result without the package.

Who wants to wager?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:04 pm

LTRT wrote:Bernanke Says U.S. May Need to Expand Bank Rescue (Update1)
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aabXQOXBRk8E&refer=worldwide

Economic models used by Macroeconomic Advisers LLC show the Obama stimulus package could keep the jobless rate at about 8.8 percent instead of the 9.5 percent rate that would result without the package.

Who wants to wager?
And keep in mind, isn't something like 95-96% considered "full employment" since you'll always have around 4% of the population mooching off the rest of us?

So while 8-9% does seem high, we're nowhere near Depression levels...yet.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 pm

LTRT wrote:Bernanke Says U.S. May Need to Expand Bank Rescue (Update1)

Who wants to wager?

On a .7% change ... what time frame?

lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:19 pm

I'm at a loss why anyone would defend this stimulus bill. I don't help my family financially by taking out a loan to buy materials to add on a room and then hire my kids to to do the work. Sure, I have created "jobs" and the room is nice, but how have I helped the family financially as a whole?

Does anyone here know someone who is out of work? Now, does that person benefit by this bill? I know that my brother doesn't know anything about building high-speed rails, so $8 billion for that isn't going to help. He isn't going to make any money from the $400 million for global warming research, or the $2.1 billion going to Head Start, or $200 million going for birth control. Can someone tell me how these things are going to stimulate the economy?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Markwes wrote:I'm at a loss why anyone would defend this stimulus bill. I don't help my family financially by taking out a loan to buy materials to add on a room and then hire my kids to to do the work. Sure, I have created "jobs" and the room is nice, but how have I helped the family financially as a whole?

Does anyone here know someone who is out of work? Now, does that person benefit by this bill? I know that my brother doesn't know anything about building high-speed rails, so $8 billion for that isn't going to help. He isn't going to make any money from the $400 million for global warming research, or the $2.1 billion going to Head Start, or $200 million going for birth control. Can someone tell me how these things are going to stimulate the economy?

Well, what percentage of the bill's total package represent the items you just listed?

I'lll save you some time... I think it's about 1.34 %

"A swing... and a miss!"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:I'm at a loss why anyone would defend this stimulus bill. I don't help my family financially by taking out a loan to buy materials to add on a room and then hire my kids to to do the work. Sure, I have created "jobs" and the room is nice, but how have I helped the family financially as a whole?

Well, what percentage of the bill's total package represent the items you just listed?

"A swing... and a miss!"

Are you liberals proud of this new administration? TOPS
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:45 pm

meta4 wrote:

"A swing... and a miss!"
What's sad to me is that if your percentage number is correct, all those billions of dollars mentioned still only adds up to that percentage. affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:46 pm

meta4 wrote:

"A swing... and a miss!"
Well, if you want me to list all the pork in the bill, I'll need a few weeks. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

"A swing... and a miss!"
Well, if you want me to list all the pork in the bill, I'll need a few weeks. Very Happy

Dude, if you post a link to the source text of the bill that's available on the internet I'll do it myself.

I'm not spinning anything. My point is that you anti-Obama boys are embellishing the costs and spinning this stimulus bill as a big fat toilet flush. Fact is we have yet to see impact, and that may be an element of concern soon. Maybe you should quote or cite the actual sources of the information instead of regurgitated right-wing radio chatter.

How can anyone BUT the administration and the media find out how much money has been spent and on what projects? Look it up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

"A swing... and a miss!"

Dude, if you post a link to the source text of the bill that's available on the internet I'll do it myself.

I'm not spinning anything. My point is that you anti-Obama boys are embellishing the costs and spinning this stimulus bill as a big fat toilet flush. Fact is we have yet to see impact, and that may be an element of concern soon. Maybe you should quote or cite the actual sources of the information instead of regurgitated right-wing radio chatter.

How can anyone BUT the administration and the media find out how much money has been spent and on what projects? Look it up!

"(...what's in the plan for small businesses.

And don't say "if there's a bridge to get to your business, we'll make sure that bridge is good for travel" like good ole Joe Biden said.")

So this is right-wing radio chatter, eh?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm

meta4 wrote:Dude, if you post a link to the source text of the bill that's available on the internet I'll do it myself.

No you're sounding like typical Bman - "anti-Obama", "regurgitated right-wing radio chatter". Just google 'stimulus bill pork' if you want examples. That's what I did.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:09 pm

LTRT wrote:

And don't say "if there's a bridge to get to your business, we'll make sure that bridge is good for travel" like good ole Joe Biden said.")

My bad, we were defending the stimulus bill (rather, trying not to). Then we were humping teeny tiny bits of pork. Next, spining tops. Now we're talking about how Joe Biden's "huff and puff" comments will blow the whole house down?

Someone pick a chapter and I'll read along! I just want to get on the same page with everyone else! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

My bad, we were defending the stimulus bill (rather, trying not to). Then we were humping teeny tiny bits of pork. Next, spining tops. Now we're talking about how Joe Biden's "huff and puff" comments will blow the whole house down?

Someone pick a chapter and I'll read along! I just want to get on the same page with everyone else! Very Happy

Yeh, we might want to do that, because from yesterday we know you can't handle multi-tasking. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Markwes wrote:No you're sounding like typical Bman - "anti-Obama", "regurgitated right-wing radio chatter". Just google 'stimulus bill pork' if you want examples. That's what I did.

You totally missed my point. Look it up yourself, from the source... read the bill. See, I googled "stimulus bill pdf" - you googled "stimulus bill pork"... Rolling Eyes (in poker, that'd be called a "tell") Very Happy

It doesn't matter how much, or what percentage of pork is in there, we know it contains some... it was created by CONGRESS for Santa's sake! Besides, most of that money hasn't been spent yet.

Maybe that's the difference between you and I... you seem to be looking for what others are saying. I'm interested in the telltale signatures, like which programs are prioritized "first". I want to know how much has been spent and which provisions have received the first disbursements. To me, that would show a lot more of what the administration is thinking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next