The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending

+2
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending Empty Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:13 am

I think the honeymoon for Obama is nearing the end...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending Empty Re: Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending

Post  floridafun Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 am

guess i got something different out of it than you did. i thought he is being a good conservative that is weary of those silly labels like big v small government and wants the most effective government for the people at the least tax cost. i dont see it as a smackdown or disrespect of obama. i suspect its an ideal we all would like..and many of us would want that same smallest possible government to provide and monitor more than what our more conservative friends would. for example i dont see public health care as a perk, i see it as a necessity.

i think all those who were so for every dollar being wasted on a war based on lies and were fine with that are having a hard time getting why we should spend money on our population for something other than putting them in the line of fire. if the nation werent where is is when obama went into office he would not need to have so many huge and costly issues to deal with immediately.

and if he decided to focus ONLY on the economy, his nobama non-fans would be squeeling with delight that he wasnt capable of doing the things he promised and we are all going to suffer for his weaknesses and haa haa those duped by the messiah will be sorry. seems to me a smart person would put in place other smart people he thinks he can trust, and delegate actions, and provide his input and direction.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending Empty Re: Colin Powell 'concerned' about Obama's spending

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:49 am

I would be careful in labeling Powell a "good conservative". He did his fair share of criticizing Bush too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am

floridafun wrote:...if the nation werent where is is when obama went into office he would not need to have so many huge and costly issues to deal with immediately.

At what point are you and the other libs willing to admit that this is BHO's economy, 60 days before he leaves office? I suppose you're all for a 2nd (supposed) stimulus bill huh?

floridafun wrote:i think all those who were so for every dollar being wasted on a war based on lies and were fine with that are having a hard time getting why we should spend money on our population for something other than putting them in the line of fire.

Can you post ANYTHING without referring to the past administration? Rolling Eyes By the way, what's the death count of American soldiers in the Afghan Campaign, seems like the media forgot to start counting like they did for 8 years.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 am

I heard 7 or 8 were killed yesterday. Bring 'em home NOW...their blood is on Obama's hands!!! (tongue firmly implanted in side of cheek).
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:45 am

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:...if the nation werent where is is when obama went into office he would not need to have so many huge and costly issues to deal with immediately.

At what point are you and the other libs willing to admit that this is BHO's economy, 60 days before he leaves office? I suppose you're all for a 2nd (supposed) stimulus bill huh?

floridafun wrote:i think all those who were so for every dollar being wasted on a war based on lies and were fine with that are having a hard time getting why we should spend money on our population for something other than putting them in the line of fire.

Can you post ANYTHING without referring to the past administration? Rolling Eyes By the way, what's the death count of American soldiers in the Afghan Campaign, seems like the media forgot to start counting like they did for 8 years.

Wait ... some you bozo's still bring up Reagan to this day and please it took 8 years from many right wing loud mouths to even start laying off of Clinton, hell some still bring Bill up all the time. We are entitled to at least 10 years of bush bashing ... 8 as the norm and an additional 2 for the Mission Acomplished banner he flew.

btw ... every Presidents honeymoon ends.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:52 am

Markwes wrote:I would be careful in labeling Powell a "good conservative". He did his fair share of criticizing Bush too.

And no good conservative would ever do such a thing... LOL

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:55 am

Bman wrote:Wait ... some you bozo's still bring up Reagan to this day and please it took 8 years from many right wing loud mouths to even start laying off of Clinton, hell some still bring Bill up all the time. We are entitled to at least 10 years of bush bashing ... 8 as the norm and an additional 2 for the Mission Acomplished banner he flew.

btw ... every Presidents honeymoon ends.

Touché
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:55 am

This summer will be the bellwether for the stimulus... if it's to work it will work this summer. I tire of hearing about "unemployment is still going up, the stimulus is a waste..."

These things take time.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:57 am

Pez wrote:This summer will be the bellwether for the stimulus... if it's to work it will work this summer. I tire of hearing about "unemployment is still going up, the stimulus is a waste..."

These things take time.

I thought everything was "shovel ready"? scratch
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 am

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:This summer will be the bellwether for the stimulus... if it's to work it will work this summer. I tire of hearing about "unemployment is still going up, the stimulus is a waste..."

These things take time.

I thought everything was "shovel ready"? scratch

hehe nice... buzzwords and over-generalizations aside, unemployment is rising at a much slower rate, the real estate market is showing signs of improvement, consumer spending is beginning to increase, or decrease less...

I'm not sure how apropos the phrase shovel-ready is In this context... I'm not fond of the phrase myself and wish Obama hadnt used it. To a certain extent, the federal government is tied up by the slower moving states that are responsible for the execution of the actual projects.

The recession is in it's 18th month, the link below suggests that the GDP will start growing again in q3 of 2009 (hence my original thought that this summer be the moment of truth). This growth with coincide with growth in consumer spending and housing starts.

http://www.conference-board.org/pdf_free/economics/2009_06_10.pdf

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:18 am

Pez wrote:...unemployment is rising at a much slower rate,...

Oxymoron of the day Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 pm

I don't care if people bring up past administration mistakes so blaming Bush will happen; it's politics.

However, Obama's economic policy so far has been a disaster. Too much was in the stimulus package that didn't or won't create jobs. i.e. Pell grants, medical records to digital, research etc. Those are good ideas but they are not stimulus as far as job creation. The whole bill should have been put to infrastructure only. While many projects wouldn't have been shovel ready they could have been fast tracked and started. After all our infrastucture grade is a D and 2.2 trillion needed to be spent over the next 5 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/28/infrastructure.report.card/index.html

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jan2009/2009-01-28-01.asp

Obama's move to the green economy with cap and trade won't do much to help the jobless. Spain has been on the "green movement" and it actually costs jobs.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/opinion/2009385016_will26.html?syndication=rss

Yes it is a opinion piece with a link to the actual study.

http://www.juandemariana.org/pdf/090327-employment-public-aid-renewable.pdf

While Obama has been good on foreign policy so far (I would give him a B+, should have said more after the Iranian election when we were getting blamed anyways, and a little too quiet on N. Korea. I have to give him a D on his economic and tax policies. The Kersian theory (sp)and green jobs theory.)
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down