The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jobless report today

+2
Cincy Fan 44
Pez
6 posters

Go down

Jobless report today Empty Jobless report today

Post  Pez Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:22 pm

522,000 more NEW unemployment claims (four weeks ending July 11)
642,000 fewer Continuing claims (four weeks ending July 4th... the largest drop ever)

Cheers.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Jobless report today Empty Re: Jobless report today

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Stimulating numbers Pez!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 pm

It's certainly better than a dead rat in your mouth....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:19 pm

I think I just threw up in my mouth... silent
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Was it a ratty one? Razz
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Wow you're going to cheer the loss of 522,000 jobs as good news. Amazing how last year (not necessarily June) creating 100K jobs was a lousy month, but whohoo only losing 522K is good.

I wonder if the timing of Chrysler and GM starting back up there auto plants with their suppliers took a major of the unemployed off the list in June and will continue in July as more auto plants come back on line. So really the jobless figures are just stagnant.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:08 pm

My sis has been off work since b4 Thanksgiving and she just got a job this week!! My bro is still looking (almost 6 mons now)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:00 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Wow you're going to cheer the loss of 522,000 jobs as good news. Amazing how last year (not necessarily June) creating 100K jobs was a lousy month, but whohoo only losing 522K is good.

I wonder if the timing of Chrysler and GM starting back up there auto plants with their suppliers took a major of the unemployed off the list in June and will continue in July as more auto plants come back on line. So really the jobless figures are just stagnant.

522,000 new claims... 642,000 less continuing claims... I'm no economist, but that seems like 122,000 people have work this quarter that didnt last quarter...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:20 pm

Pez wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Wow you're going to cheer the loss of 522,000 jobs as good news. Amazing how last year (not necessarily June) creating 100K jobs was a lousy month, but whohoo only losing 522K is good.

522,000 new claims... 642,000 less continuing claims... I'm no economist, but that seems like 122,000 people have work this quarter that didnt last quarter...

Thanks for giving them a lesson in math Pez ... err... Professor Pez.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 pm

Bman wrote:
Pez wrote:

Thanks for giving them a lesson in math Pez ... err... Professor Pez.

Isn't the difference 120,000 instead of 122,000?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Biden: It's Working!
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/07/16/up_next_biden_vs_cantor.html

"I say, 'Don't let your opposition to the Recovery Act blind you to its results. Come see what I see everywhere I go: workers rehired, factories reopened, cops on the street, teachers in the classroom, progress toward getting our economy back on the move.'"

You tell'em Joey, they'll believe every word that comes out of your mouth.

Seeking to pre-empt Biden's planned remarks that tens of millions of dollars in stimulus money have saved teacher jobs in Chesterfield County and police officers in Richmond, Cantor said: "Where I'm looking is where families of Virginia and America are looking and that's at the unemployment rate, which is skyrocketing. The reality is that people are losing their jobs. Families are going into economic free-fall."
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:14 pm

Pez wrote:

But it is still a loss of jobs. How could Bush have a lousy economy that only created 100,000 job a month a year ago. But Obama can have a good economy only losing 522K instead of 642K this month.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:16 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:

But it is still a loss of jobs. How could Bush have a lousy economy that only created 100,000 job a month a year ago. But Obama can have a good economy only losing 522K instead of 642K this month.

I never said it was a good economy... it's a train wreck... I just saw the employment numbers being positive for an economy that is 70% based on consumer spending and consumption. Your point about factory restarts is well taken tho, it doesnt explain all 642,000 jobs, but it's still money in the pockets of the people that drivbe 70% of our economy...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down