The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mccain town hall yesterday

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

mccain town hall yesterday - Page 2 Empty Re: mccain town hall yesterday

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:Continuing decline of our economy? Stock market is UP, unemployment is leveling off, housing starts have been up .... we are seeing some green sprouts in this economy.

Obama camp stated today that unemployment will probably hit 10% this year before beginning a slow decline next year.

Some of you guys are morons ... did I say it was DECLINING yet ... I said leveling off and it is. Sheesh ... Bush fucked us up and you guys expect Obama to solve 8 solid years of mess in 8 months. lol

Do you plan on blaming Bush until 2012? Just curious....

I blame Bush for this depression so if it lasts that long then YES ... I blame Bush for one of the two wars ... I blame Bush for shredding our constituion so yes, Bush is to blame.

Literally mccain town hall yesterday - Page 2 431148
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 am

Careful Bman...you're starting to sound A LOT like Doe (I know I know, reset the clock) lately with your talk about banning handguns and now calling this a depression. Step away from the edge...

When we start seeing 30% of the nation in a food line or holding will work for food signs, then I might concede your "depression" term...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:55 am

I just think Bman has his mental state and the economic state confused.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 pm

[quote="Bman"][quote="LTRT"][quote="Bman"][quote="Kroman"]
Bman wrote:
I blame Bush for one of the two wars ... I blame Bush for shredding our constituion so yes, Bush is to blame.

why 1 of the 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91vP4pay7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3I2iQ65Hng

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Careful Bman...you're starting to sound A LOT like Doe (I know I know, reset the clock) lately with your talk about banning handguns and now calling this a depression. Step away from the edge...

When we start seeing 30% of the nation in a food line or holding will work for food signs, then I might concede your "depression" term...

Maybe I should use a picture of a dismembered fetus as my avatar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I just think Bman has his mental state and the economic state confused.

amusing how with a liberal their mental state is confused with name-that-issue when they stand firm in their view, but when neocons and vigilante friends--think obama healthcare will kill grandma, obamacare will pay for abortions, obamacare will put government agents in charge of your health decisions, obama isnt a real u s citizen, obama is leading us to communism etc etc--those are just concerned patriotic citizens with real questions and they and their opinions should be respected, and their questions deserve answers to their satisfaction.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:24 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Careful Bman...you're starting to sound A LOT like Doe (I know I know, reset the clock) lately with your talk about banning handguns and now calling this a depression. Step away from the edge...

That would mean only one thing. You've gone over the edge. At that point I would have to invoke Admin Priveleges and change your avatar back to the one of the nice looking Obama family you had of them sitting on the steps outside their house (at least that's what it looked like to me). Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

bman isnt the one sounding like doe here. he stands for exactly the opposite of doe and bases his thoughts in a far more tangible reality than she was ever aware of. so passion in thoughts about the moral and just way to move our nation forward, and supporting the president he worked hard to get into office is in any way different than the bush supporters were when we were on the old board?

drumroll....next comment will be about bill clinton rather than the issue at hand...
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Bman wrote:

if cincy thought you sounded like doe he would be telling those who disagreed with you to play nice because she should be able to say what she thinks whether anyone agrees with it or not rendeer geek
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 pm

floridafun wrote:bman isnt the one sounding like doe here. he stands for exactly the opposite of doe and bases his thoughts in a far more tangible reality than she was ever aware of. so passion in thoughts about the moral and just way to move our nation forward, and supporting the president he worked hard to get into office is in any way different than the bush supporters were when we were on the old board?

drumroll....next comment will be about bill clinton rather than the issue at hand...
Did you read his rants in the Conservative thread? Some of his postings toward the end were boarderline doe...IMHO. Everybody take a deep breath and chillax a little. Smile
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:59 pm

i did. i dont have to agree with every word he says because i think i understand what drives him to feel the strong thoughts. if its anywhere near what drives my opinions after watching teabagger events. they will do that..unless the watcher is either loving the hatred, or feeling left out suddenly because obama was elected as our president, or just perhaps the curiously bemused at the whole political landscape.

i dont need to wait until one of those extremist militant militia folks kills some innocent at a public political gathering to see the danger in their bullyesque control at any cost behavior. they are so anti-gov but they want the gov to uphold and guarantee what they want..and what they want they think should be what everyone else does or should want.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:25 pm

floridafun wrote:i did. i dont have to agree with every word he says because i think i understand what drives him to feel the strong thoughts. if its anywhere near what drives my opinions after watching teabagger events. they will do that..unless the watcher is either loving the hatred, or feeling left out suddenly because obama was elected as our president, or just perhaps the curiously bemused at the whole political landscape.

i dont need to wait until one of those extremist militant militia folks kills some innocent at a public political gathering to see the danger in their bullyesque control at any cost behavior. they are so anti-gov but they want the gov to uphold and guarantee what they want..and what they want they think should be what everyone else does or should want.
I don't mind having strong thoughts. I do have a problem with myself or anyone else here being called a "Timothy McVeigh type" or disciple of Rush anytime we disagree with something. And by the way, these extremist militia people you speak of, where are they? Anyone yelling at a town hall meeting? Or carrying a gun outside of one of these events?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_mccain

PHOENIX – Sen. John McCain met with an angry crowd at a town-hall meeting about health care reform Wednesday, sometimes having to fight to talk and telling one woman who wouldn't stop yelling that she had to leave.

What? I thought only liberal politicians were facing angry crowds?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

floridafun wrote:i did. i dont have to agree with every word he says because i think i understand what drives him to feel the strong thoughts. if its anywhere near what drives my opinions after watching teabagger events. they will do that..unless the watcher is either loving the hatred, or feeling left out suddenly because obama was elected as our president, or just perhaps the curiously bemused at the whole political landscape.

I'll agree that there seemed to me to be a undercurrent of neocon organization behind the semi-staged health care town hall meetings aimed at Democrats. Outside of that, there will always be people who don't necessarily align themselves with the mainstream yet feel strongly enough about impending changes to their 2nd ammendment rights, or other rights, and make non-verbal statements. I think several people have already stated the assault rifle at the health care protest was out of line. No harm no foul? There will still be some that will feel motivated to remind everyone just how much freedom we have in this country - ergo carry the assault rifle. Timid mice cower because they have been trained to fear certain things - whether right or wrong they have been programmed by others. A protester flanked by 2 police officers should represent enough authoritative awareness that other protesters should not feel unsafe - but they do. How can this be? Hmmmm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:05 pm

floridafun wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I just think Bman has his mental state and the economic state confused.

amusing how with a liberal their mental state is confused with name-that-issue when they stand firm in their view, but when neocons and vigilante friends--think obama healthcare will kill grandma, obamacare will pay for abortions, obamacare will put government agents in charge of your health decisions, obama isnt a real u s citizen, obama is leading us to communism etc etc--those are just concerned patriotic citizens with real questions and they and their opinions should be respected, and their questions deserve answers to their satisfaction.

You know I just don't give a crap what you think. So just don't respond to my posts at all whether you agree or not with what I post. I don't really care how you feel mentally, physically or opinion wise. So just put me down as a foe and to quote bman. STFU!!!
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm

It's a good thing this message board doesn't rely on advertisers because they would be pulling out now. I mean calling the president a racist is bad enough, but telling someone he sounds like Doe - whoa that's inflammatory. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:52 pm

*tweet* 2 minutes for rough checking (roughing) and another 2 for high sticking
... carry on
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Markwes wrote:

I don't mind having strong thoughts. I do have a problem with myself or anyone else here being called a "Timothy McVeigh type" or disciple of Rush anytime we disagree with something. And by the way, these extremist militia people you speak of, where are they? Anyone yelling at a town hall meeting? Or carrying a gun outside of one of these events?

Please ... you are so harmed by being called a "Timothy McVeigh" type. Please, he had the same exact anger as these protesters showing up with loaded guns, all these idiots with these loaded guns needed was a Sarah Palin type to stand there and whip them up into a frenzy and some other idiot in the crowd scream "KILL HIM" and BANG! No one much treats anyone very well around here any more.

Since Markwes does not like being called "Tim McVeigh like" then I don't like being called Doe-like.

Nah .... go ahead and call me Doe like, I just think of all of you as KETTLE.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Please ... you are so harmed by being called a "Timothy McVeigh" type. Please, he had the same exact anger as these protesters showing up with loaded guns, all these idiots with these loaded guns needed was a Sarah Palin type to stand there and whip them up into a frenzy and some other idiot in the crowd scream "KILL HIM" and BANG! No one much treats anyone very well around here any more.

Since Markwes does not like being called "Tim McVeigh like" then I don't like being called Doe-like.

Just what is the total reported number? Is it in the hundreds, thousands or can you count them with your fingers? scratch mccain town hall yesterday - Page 2 810511
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:03 pm

So, Bman. Do you believe someone is going to be shot or do you just think it could happen? Will it be Obama or someone else? I heard during the primaries that it was unusual that Obama and fam received SS protection much earlier in the race than any other candidate ever has and of course now he will have SS protection for life. Do you doubt the methods of the SS or their abilities?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18474444/

Looks like Bill O could have had the first official ass kicking back in January. He's hardly what I'd call a "McVeigh" type.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/05/secret-service-restrains-_n_79954.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Bman wrote:Please, he had the same exact anger as these protesters showing up with loaded guns, all these idiots with these loaded guns needed was a Sarah Palin type to stand there and whip them up into a frenzy and some other idiot in the crowd scream "KILL HIM" and BANG!

McVeigh couldn't even decide which target he wanted to hit. He stated he would have selected a different target if he knew about the 1st floor daycare. It was hard to pin down exactly why he selected the Murrah building. His anger seemingly stemmed from trauma he received during the Iraq war. He apparently decided to go with a target, not related to the Waco, TX incident which was probably the "trigger" event.

So, what I'm saying is, if the "McVeigh" type of personality holds true for the next "McVeigh" the attack most likely will not be directed at the original source of his anger. McVeigh doesn't fit in your model. The "next one" won't be racially or religiously motivated, and will contemplate suicide often.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

I saw Mark today at work and he laughed when I called him "Tim". He was light-hearted about it. What are you talking about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Kroman wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

I saw Mark today at work and he laughed when I called him "Tim". He was light-hearted about it. What are you talking about?

So can we except a new member to join by the name of Timwes? Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down