The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill

+5
Markwes
LTRT
sliptap
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
9 posters

Go down

Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill Empty Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 am

http://thehill.com//blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/64971-mich-democrat-pelosi-not-happy-with-me

Rep. Bart Stupak said Speaker Pelosi is not pleased with his effort to change abortion-related provisions in the healthcare bill being crafted by the House.

During an interview on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" show, Stupak (D-Mich.) said he is undeterred in trying to ensure that taxpayer dollars do not pay for abortions. Stupak, who opposes abortion rights, acknowledged that some in his party are upset with his public campaign to change the bill.

"The Speaker is not happy with me," Stupak said.

The Energy and Commerce subcommittee chairman said he has been working with Democratic leaders on a compromise, but they haven't been able to strike a deal. Stupak pointed out that he and Democratic leaders have a fundamental disagreement on whether health plans that receive subsidies from the government should be allowed to provide coverage options on abortions.

Stupak wants a vote on the House floor to strike the language, and predicts he would have the votes to pass such an amendment.

"This has been federal law since 1976," he said, noting that President Barack Obama has vowed not to allow healthcare reform to pay for abortions.
"We have to have a vote," he said.

If he doesn't get one, Stupak said he and as many as 39 other Democrats will vote no on a procedural motion to bring the health bill to the floor. A House vote on healthcare reform could be taken next week.

Stupak stressed he wants to vote for healthcare reform and is "still somewhat optimistic" that he will reach an accord with Democratic leaders.

However, the Michigan Democrat said he will not be backing down: "I'm comfortable with where I'm at. This is who I am. It's reflective of my district. If it costs me my seat, so be it."

A portion of the interview can be accessed here.The entire interview can be seen here.

Looks like I agree with this guy and Obama. Go figure.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill Empty Re: Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:49 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:http://thehill.com//blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/64971-mich-democrat-pelosi-not-happy-with-me

Looks like I agree with this guy and Obama. Go figure.

I would agree with this provision. Not to infringe on rights to obtain said services, but from a purely health care cost reduction common sense approach. Pregnancy is a preventable "predicament", etc...

It's not like this provision is going to infringe on the rights of the incubators from fathering their brood with multiple sperm donors in order to justify welfare and food stamps support. rabbit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill Empty Re: Pelosi 'not happy' w/ Mich Democrat over a certain something in health care bill

Post  floridafun Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:59 pm

looks to me like the same kind of stuff that brought us YOU LIED during the prez address to congress a little while back. there IS NO BILL YET,there is a declaration it is absolutely not to cover abortion, but this character wants language in it before it becomes a bill that will prevent it from using fed funding for abortions. its already illegal for fed funding to pay for abortions isnt it? so what will be the next issue that must be reworded?...mmm how about making sure the language in the not-a-bill-yet clarifies that no liberals will be forced to have an abortion. now we need specific wording added so no mistake can be made on this...NO LIBERALS WILL BE FORCED TO HAVE ABORTIONS. also no green eyed people.

i miss bman.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:11 pm

floridafun wrote:looks to me like the same kind of stuff that brought us YOU LIED during the prez address to congress a little while back. there IS NO BILL YET,there is a declaration it is absolutely not to cover abortion, but this character wants language in it before it becomes a bill that will prevent it from using fed funding for abortions. its already illegal for fed funding to pay for abortions isnt it? so what will be the next issue that must be reworded?...mmm how about making sure the language in the not-a-bill-yet clarifies that no liberals will be forced to have an abortion. now we need specific wording added so no mistake can be made on this...NO LIBERALS WILL BE FORCED TO HAVE ABORTIONS. also no green eyed people.

i miss bman.

So what exactly are you saying? Are you disagreeing with the addition, or the media coverage? That it's unnecessarily "wordy"... they are quibbling over irrelevant provisions? Or are you saying that you disagree and government/medical healthcare/taxpayer funds should go to funding pregnancy termination(s)?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sliptap Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:38 pm

...leave it to Pelosi to stand up for something that is already illegal. Maybe she should look into using federal money to correct the chemical imbalance in her head instead.

sliptap
sliptap
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:12 pm

sliptap wrote:...leave it to Pelosi to stand up for something that is already illegal. Maybe she should look into using federal money to correct the chemical imbalance in her head instead.

China doesn't have enough money that we can borrow for something like that... lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Pelosi's Government-Run Health Plan Will Require Monthly Abortion Premium

"kill the bill.........kill the bill.........kill the bill"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:57 am

floridafun wrote:looks to me like the same kind of stuff that brought us YOU LIED during the prez address to congress a little while back. there IS NO BILL YET,there is a declaration it is absolutely not to cover abortion, but this character wants language in it before it becomes a bill that will prevent it from using fed funding for abortions. its already illegal for fed funding to pay for abortions isnt it? so what will be the next issue that must be reworded?...mmm how about making sure the language in the not-a-bill-yet clarifies that no liberals will be forced to have an abortion. now we need specific wording added so no mistake can be made on this...NO LIBERALS WILL BE FORCED TO HAVE ABORTIONS. also no green eyed people.

i miss bman.

How about just "NO LIBERALS"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm

I read a good letter in the News-Sentinel that I can't find now, but it was talking about Nancy Pelosi's plan to pay for half of the $1 trillion health care by "squeezing" Medicare. The point was if we knew there was $500 billion being wasted, why wasn't something done years ago? I guess she is admitting that our government is wasteful. Great.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:23 am

Markwes wrote:I read a good letter in the News-Sentinel that I can't find now, but it was talking about Nancy Pelosi's plan to pay for half of the $1 trillion health care by "squeezing" Medicare. The point was if we knew there was $500 billion being wasted, why wasn't something done years ago? I guess she is admitting that our government is wasteful. Great.

I read that latter also... I think it was in the JG maybe? I cant believe that the Dems cant do better than this clown for speaker...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:24 am

I like to see the Medicare cuts now since the new Senate plan is to lower the age to 55. If anything Medicare funding will have to be increased.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:12 pm

the under 65's will pay, according to income if they get to enroll..hard telling at this point what will pass.. i am waiting to see what the final accepted bill is at this point. right now is just august on the senate floor imho. i still am very for a public option. i can see adding to the ranks of medicare and medicaid if we cant get the public option too. i support nancy and think all things considered she is doing much better than tom DE HAMMER delay did.

as i studied what the stupak abortion restriction came down to..no female can be on/buy any plan which allows any abortion..if she qualifies for any subsidy funds which i likely will. so me, 61 yr old, would not be allowed to choose a plan that i find has great benefits for my subsidized dollar..because the plan (just like most private plans already in effect but never complained about) has an abortion option altho NO FED FUNDING allowed to pay and no possibility i would ever be using the abortion option.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  awbinfortwayne Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:43 pm

I'd be very surprised if anything passes this year. It looks like the democrats have one holdout on the abortion issue, and other democrats are demanding the public option. The Republicans are looking to derail any change in healthcare. At the end of the day it looks like it will be business as normal as far as healthcare is concerned.

awbinfortwayne
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Sad but (maybe) true. {guitar riff, gruff vocals}
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:46 am

awbinfortwayne wrote:I'd be very surprised if anything passes this year. It looks like the democrats have one holdout on the abortion issue, and other democrats are demanding the public option. The Republicans are looking to derail any change in healthcare. At the end of the day it looks like it will be business as normal as far as healthcare is concerned.

I'm ticked the public option (or various flavors) is off the table, more for the people that should have the balls to say, "why am I voting for this then?" but dont..

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am

my wife went to the dentist earlier this week. she had a cavity and got it filled. $340 out of pocket, pray to the insurance companies to pay their share... Insurance paid $57 and denied everything else. they denied paying for ANY of the filling because the dentist used that white material on a molar instead of silver amalgum (if that's what you call it).

My dentist told me when I was 7 years old, the industry is moving away from the metal stuff because it uses mercury or something. that was 27 years ago...

fucking bastards...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:13 am

meta4 wrote:my wife went to the dentist earlier this week. she had a cavity and got it filled. $340 out of pocket, pray to the insurance companies to pay their share... Insurance paid $57 and denied everything else. they denied paying for ANY of the filling because the dentist used that white material on a molar instead of silver amalgum (if that's what you call it).

My dentist told me when I was 7 years old, the industry is moving away from the metal stuff because it uses mercury or something. that was 27 years ago...

fucking bastards...

Similar experience with my dentist in the last few months. I hate trying to plead your case with these people too.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down