The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated

3 posters

Go down

9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated Empty 9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated

Post  SavoyTruffle Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:29 pm

Okay, I understand Republicans want to tout fiscal conservatism. Gotcha. But when it comes to illnesses that were rendered by the attacks of 9/11, I don't think that refusing to dig a little deeper should be an option.

And yes, maybe I'm baiting a little bit Wink, but I don't really know much about this bill so I readily admit there might be something about this bill I don't know.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated Empty Re: 9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I have not heard anything about the bill, but without intending to sound callous, 9-11 survivors and family members of those killed have already received WAY more in compensation than families of soldiers killed while in active duty.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated Empty Re: 9/11 Health and Compensation Act Defeated

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 pm

I haven't heard much in particular about this bill. I believe it is to cover the illnesses of the rescuers at the world trade center. My thing is you can't protect against everything. If you are a fireman, policeman etc you assume a certain risk doing those jobs.

Now if you want to get on a soap box about something the gov't should pay for, even if it increases the deficit is the lack of payment by the federal government to the black farmers. Who have successfully sued and have won a award that the gov't still hasn't paid.

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2010/February/10-ag-160.html

I haven't heard anything from either side of the aisle of actually funding this.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down