The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants?

3 posters

Go down

Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants? Empty Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants?

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:24 pm

The tsunami really did some serious damage to the island. A couple of politicians have already said this incident should halt our expansion. I say keep going with nuclear energy what about the rest of you? However I would probably keep them off the earthquake prone west coast.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants? Empty Re: Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants?

Post  Pez Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:The tsunami really did some serious damage to the island. A couple of politicians have already said this incident should halt our expansion. I say keep going with nuclear energy what about the rest of you? However I would probably keep them off the earthquake prone west coast.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not incredibly confident the technology is very mature yet... typicallly when you learn to do something right there are issues along the way... mistakes at a nuke plant typically cant just be 'chalked up as a learning experience....'

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants? Empty Re: Will the problems in Japan Kill US nuclear power plants?

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:39 pm

We have had a nuclear power plant on line commercially since 1957. Improvements have been made along the way, with I believe the last plant built in the 70's. We have military ships that are nuclear powered. I don't see anything wrong with nuclear power especially here in the US. Europe out paces us in getting power from nuclear energy. Nothing is 100% fail safe.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Hopefully it doesn't kill it. Like you said, keep it away from the coast (and other natural disaster-prone areas) and it should be okay.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down