The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts Talk

2 posters

Go down

Colts Talk Empty Colts Talk

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Let's talk Colts. Stay on topic, any Bungal or Bear fans can start their own thread. (It will suck, but go on ahead)

What do you think of the draft? I actually watched much of the draft, it's quite an obsession. My first reaction to the Colts draft was <boring>. But then I realized the Colts were a couple of injuries away from running the Patriots, another championship, and dare I say undefeated? Marv's injury was very costly. The offense took a step back when he went down. When Dwight Freeney was out, the pass rush hurt badly. Then with Dwight and Robert Mathis was out, my dad could have rushed a qb better than Jeff Charleston and Josh Thomas did. Charlie Johnson on the O-Line is a backup at best, I hope we never have to use him as a starter again. The Colts definitely shored up some weak ends in the draft. Dont be fooled by drafting 3 centers and 3 linebackers. 2 of the linebackers are going ot play DE and 1 of the centers is going to be the starting right guard this year. Bill Polian likes to draft centers and move them throughout the o-line because for the most part centers are the most atheletic and smartest of the o-lineman.

My one gripe that I have is that they did not draft a cornerback. Marlin Jackson is a free agent at the end of this year, and Kelvin Hayden is a free agent at the end of next year. It would be very difficult to retain both of those guys. Plus, last year when the defense went to the nickel, the third cornerback (Tim Jennings) always got roasted, see the San Diego game in the playoffs.

Big year coming up for the big blue horseshoe. cheers
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Colts Talk Empty Re: Colts Talk

Post  Guest Fri May 02, 2008 5:24 pm

I'll revisit this thread in August. Right now, it's baseball season, so my mind can't fathom football talk.

I'll see you in August...or when the Cubs fall out of contention. Whichever comes first.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri May 02, 2008 5:37 pm

I can't stand the Colts, so outside of this I'll never post in this thread Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 02, 2008 8:29 pm

LTRT wrote:I can't stand the Colts, so outside of this I'll never post in this thread Razz

Who do you like?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
LTRT wrote:I can't stand the Colts, so outside of this I'll never post in this thread Razz

Who do you like?

Since the early 70's I have followed the boys of Dallas.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 03, 2008 11:39 am

I dont obsess over the draft... It's so difficult to tell what Bill and Tony are thinking... Lots of folks scoffed at Gonzo, and signs seem to indicate that he will have an emergent year next year.

I like the Colts general approach where they draft the best player available, regardless of positional needs. It certainly makes for better situations down the road.

I would have liked to have seen the colts augment their pass rush....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 am

My DJ partner met Bob Sanders last week. That's about the extent to what I care about the Colts. I'll root for them, mostly because they are in Indiana, and generally good guys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon May 12, 2008 10:54 am

The Colts brought back Dom Rhodes on a one year, veteran minimum deal. This is the best offseason, free agent move the Colts could have made, espically at that price. Rhodes can run, catch, and most importantly, pick up a blitzing linebacker. The running back depth chart will look like Addai, Rhodes, and Hart with Luke Lawton at fullback. Kenton Keith will get put on the practice squad or dropped and picked up by another team. Having a solid backup rb to give Addai some rest will be huge especailly during the second half of the season. Maybe we'll be able to run the score up in the first half and jam the ball down their throat on the ground in the second half.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 2:10 pm

I would argue that a solid DT would be a better offseason pick.. but maybe that's just me..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon May 12, 2008 2:22 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I would argue that a solid DT would be a better offseason pick.. but maybe that's just me..

Very valid arguement, I would have liked them to get a DT and a CB, but then they would have been shorter somewhere else. The pass rush was dismal last year with Dwight and Mathis were out, I think they have assured that they will have 4 solid DE's this year.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 3:19 pm

didn't MacFarland leave? I don't know who they have now.. but I'm not a big Colts fan either.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Booger got tore his ACL and MCL in training camp last year and was on the injured reserve list. This winter, he failed a physical by the Colts staff and they cut him as a result. (Plus he was a 5.5 mil or something like that salary cap hit this year) They have Raheem Brock, Ed Johnson, Keyunta Dawson, Quinn Pitcock, Darrel Reid, and an undrafted rookie or two currently at DT. Johnson, Dawson, and Pitcock all are second year players.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down