The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Favre

+2
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brett Favre - Page 2 Empty Re: Brett Favre

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 am

I hope I get him in the draft. He and Adrian Peterson will be a good FF combo.

I don't care if he eats d**ks and cheese for supper if he can score.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 am

only question i have about him is...how do you pronounce his last name? i have heard--using phonics here--farve, far, fave in new reports.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:20 am

Spell it Favre
Say it Farve...

My guess is that its a french creole (Mississippi) name that is probably pronounced more accurately like 'Fahve'... and it became americanised into "Farve"

Edit: according to some site that comes up high on the google results: 'Favre: Southern French and Swiss French: occupational name for a smith or ironworker, Occitan fevre (Latin faber ‘craftsman’). Compare Faber.'

Also babelfish translates "fevre" to "boilerman"

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:35 am

Didn't the NFL Commish say it wrong when he was drafted? Said something like "Fave-ruh"???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:41 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Didn't the NFL Commish say it wrong when he was drafted? Said something like "Fave-ruh"???

Yep, it's pretty funny. I'm sure it's on youtube. They play the soundbite on ESPN radio sometimes when they are talking about him.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 pm

There is just something wrong with "retiring" and then hooking up with a different team. I don't know what it says in the rulebook but it seems like the Jets (and Packers before that) could have traded him and at least got something in return.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Markwes wrote:There is just something wrong with "retiring" and then hooking up with a different team. I don't know what it says in the rulebook but it seems like the Jets (and Packers before that) could have traded him and at least got something in return.
I could be wrong, but I think the Pack did trade him to the Jets b/c they still owned the rights to his contract. That's why you didn't see him wind up with da Bears or Vikings last year.

I think the Jets released Favre after the draft, so at that point he's a Free Agent.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:12 pm

floridafun wrote:only question i have about him is...how do you pronounce his last name? i have heard--using phonics here--farve, far, fave in new reports.
By the way, welcome to a "Sports" discussion! Smile
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Markwes wrote:There is just something wrong with "retiring" and then hooking up with a different team. I don't know what it says in the rulebook but it seems like the Jets (and Packers before that) could have traded him and at least got something in return.

This came up last night while chatting with a Bears fan, he hates Favre and was suspicious that this was a move to position Favre/Adrian Peterson against the Bears... he felt threatened by this, no doubt. I can see what he's talking about, they're gunning for the conference.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 pm

meta4 wrote:

This came up last night while chatting with a Bears fan, he hates Favre and was suspicious that this was a move to position Favre/Adrian Peterson against the Bears... he felt threatened by this, no doubt. I can see what he's talking about, they're gunning for the conference.
So he feels 'threatened' that another team wants to win the division the Bears are in? What planet is this guy living on? I thought all teams (except those in Cincinnati) try to win the division they're in...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

So he feels 'threatened' that another team wants to win the division the Bears are in? What planet is this guy living on? I thought all teams (except those in Cincinnati) try to win the division they're in...

Well the Bears and the Packers do have a long history of rivalry and with Farve's drama leaving the Packs to eventually fall into the Vikings roster... maybe "threatened" wasn't the word.

Fuggit, I can say what I want with my 6th ammendment rights! Very Happy clown
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:34 pm

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Well the Bears and the Packers do have a long history of rivalry and with Farve's drama leaving the Packs to eventually fall into the Vikings roster... maybe "threatened" wasn't the word.

Fuggit, I can say what I want with my 6th ammendment rights! Very Happy clown

Don't forget, when Favre was a Packer and wanted to retire/trade the first time, the Packers under no circumstances wanted him going to another NFC North team. They traded him to the Jets for a first round pick or something. If the Jets, in turn, traded him to the Vikings or Bears (who were both in the market for a QB) then the Jets would have had to give them something like 2 additional first round picks. The Jets released him, making him a free agent and not having to give up further picks/compensation to the Packers. So yes, the Favre to the Jets thing was a setup for him ulitmately ending up with the Vikings. <--Last sentance is my opinion, but I have a great amount of faith in it.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Brett Favre - Page 2 Empty Brett Favre Injures Defender

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:48 pm

You know what they say about paybacks...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Friends dont let friends run wildcat...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Favre carted off field

The 41-year-old quarterback spent a few minutes on a training table at the Vikings' sideline as staffers held a towel to his chin. He sat up after trainers applied a compress, then was carted from the field as a few fans booed.

Minnesota was beaten 28-18 and fell to 2-5.

The Vikings said the injury was to Favre's chin and that he needed 10 stitches.

Could it be a sign Brett? You're old and feeble now, maybe next time it won't be something that a few stiches can fix. You need to retire...oh wait you've done that a couple of times already.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2