The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Here we go again - Page 2 Empty Re: Here we go again

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:35 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

Diane Ciesielski of Fort Wayne said, “I was driving past and I saw 3.98, what a bargain, I just had to top off my tank.” Nicole Barnes says, “I drive everyday between Huntington and Fort Wayne and I spend 70 dollars a week, that's about 1/4th of my paycheck, I don't think they'll stay down, but I’m glad they're here now.”

This is sad, very sad that American people work so hard and get paid so little, that this woman (Nicole) is thrilled that gas prices are down to $3.98/gal. She is working for $7/hour and commuting from Huntington to Fort Wayne for this job. SAD ... I won't make this a political thread, but we need change ... we need hope. lol hehehehe I just had too!

Yeh, about as sad as all the stupid people who took out mortgages they couldn't afford and want the gov't to bail them out, oops, sorry for the tangeant, "I just had too!"

Go ahead and scoff and look down at that poor person driving 60 miles round trip for a $7 an hour job, this economy is humming along. Rush, Hannity, Beck, Bush and MCCAIN are all right, there is nothing wrong with the economy. We should all shut the hell up and just be happy with it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Bman wrote:Go ahead and scoff and look down at that poor person driving 60 miles round trip for a $7 an hour job, this economy is humming along. Rush, Hannity, Beck, Bush and MCCAIN are all right, there is nothing wrong with the economy. We should all shut the hell up and just be happy with it.

Give us a freakin' break Bman! You think she can't find a $7/hr job in Huntington? Betcha I could find one by weeks end, she's just plain stupid and there's no debate about it.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:41 pm

LTRT wrote:she's just plain stupid and there's no debate about it.

.... what was is you say "think before you type"? You're starting to sound like Card!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm

meta4 wrote:

.... what was is you say "think before you type"? You're starting to sound like Card!

I'll ask you the same question:

You think she can't find a $7/hr job in Huntington?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:47 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Go ahead and scoff and look down at that poor person driving 60 miles round trip for a $7 an hour job, this economy is humming along. Rush, Hannity, Beck, Bush and MCCAIN are all right, there is nothing wrong with the economy. We should all shut the hell up and just be happy with it.

Give us a freakin' break Bman! You think she can't find a $7/hr job in Huntington? Betcha I could find one by weeks end, she's just plain stupid and there's no debate about it.

If she has full benefits (medical) then find a job in Huntington full time with full benefits paying $7/hr...

I want a job where you work LTRT, they must allow hallucinating drugs to be used.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:05 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

I'll ask you the same question:

You think she can't find a $7/hr job in Huntington?

I think a better question would be, could she find a job in Huntington for $5.25 an hour (25% less) where she can walk to work? The Minimum wage goes up to $6.55 on Thursday (3 days away) so she COULD theoretically...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

meta4 wrote:
Canuck wrote:I'll take meta's cookies and give em to you.

Punk! you touch my cookies... I'll stomp on your canadian *ss!

...Doze are my cookees.... bess not be messin' wit my cookees...

I'll vote for Boeing to put up the high tech 'lectric wall to protect my cookees!

You better learn to share EH!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Canuck wrote:You better learn to share EH!

I got your share right here in this here block of ice... what's that address again?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

If she has full benefits (medical) then find a job in Huntington full time with full benefits paying $7/hr...

I want a job where you work LTRT, they must allow hallucinating drugs to be used.

Here you go, she even gets a raise:
Job type: Full-Time Employee | Pay: $9.75/hour
Company: Rent A Center
Job Category: Customer Service, Retail Sales
Work Experience: 1 to 2 years
Education Level: High School

Do you have these Qualifications?
Valid driver’s license with good driving record
Must be at least 20 years of age
High School diploma or equivalent
Heavy lifting required
Excellent customer service skills
Strong oral communication and listening skills
Ability to effectively manage time
Minimum one year retail experience preferred
Furniture sales, delivery and/or installation is helpful
We offer excellent benefits!
Five-day workweek – with no Sundays!
Automatic pay increases at six-month intervals
10 days paid vacation after one year of employment
Paid sick/personal days
Medical, dental, disability, life insurance, with dependent option
Employee Purchase Plan
401(k) with Company match
[posted on Careerbuilder (6-23)]

Now step off Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:43 am

LTRT: Finding Jobs For The Common People! Laughing cheers
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Heavy lifting required
Paid sick/personal days
Employee Purchase Plan

Now step off Razz

Wow ... one job and I am still not convinced that the medical benefits are even partially paid for ... the ad says "offered" ... Surely the economy is great because Rent A Center is hiring one person in Huntington. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Bman wrote:
Wow ... one job and I am still not convinced that the medical benefits are even partially paid for ... the ad says "offered" ... Surely the economy is great because Rent A Center is hiring one person in Huntington. lol

This "one job" has the possibility to change that woman's life...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:35 pm

meta4 wrote:This "one job" has the possibility to change that woman's life...

Finally, I get some respect! cheers
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:39 pm

LTRT wrote:

Quick math says she could have as much as $720 more per month in wage increase and fuel cost decrease.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Heavy lifting required
Paid sick/personal days
Employee Purchase Plan

Now step off Razz

Maybe she has benefits now.. maybe she doesn't.. we have no clue. We have no clue if she was even close to being accurate with her 1/4 of her pay theory.. not to mention I'll bet you a whole lot that's on her take home, not gross, so your $7/hour is probably closer to $9 per hour, and you're also assuming she's working 40 hours/week to get to those figures and not going to college or anything like that. That's also assuming she has no pre-tax items (like health insurance, day care, IRA, etc).

But if you'd like to discuss this girls situation without knowing anything other than the one sentence in a news story.. have a blast.. I'm sure you're 100% accurate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:24 pm

LTRT wrote:

"I'm Mike D and I get respect
your cash and your jewelry is what I expect"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
We have no clue if she was even close to being accurate with her 1/4 of her pay theory..

But if you'd like to discuss this girls situation without knowing anything other than the one sentence in a news story.. have a blast.. I'm sure you're 100% accurate.

I will, because apparently I'm the only one with a membership to the CDC (Clue Distributors Club)... by the way, you should get one.

If 7x40 = 7x10x4 is 7x10 = 25% of 7x40?

$70 is 25% of her gross and if she drives a cop car *gently* she'd need more gas 7.46 work days after she filled up... so on the following Wednesday mid-way through her trip to work she'd flame out.

Just take your pick, choose gas prices between $4 and $4.20 and estimate MPG that would burn through $70 in gas per week... it's not freaking rocket science. There's about 20-25 miles one way from Huntington (+/- a mile if you wish) so she's commuting 40-50 miles per day.

Smile What up? Time to get ill?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:"I'm Mike D and I get respect
your cash and your jewelry is what I expect"

Excellent call, I need to listen to some Beastie Boys.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:28 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
We have no clue if she was even close to being accurate with her 1/4 of her pay theory..

I will, because apparently I'm the only one with a membership to the CDC (Clue Distributors Club)... by the way, you should get one.

If 7x40 = 7x10x4 is 7x10 = 25% of 7x40?

$70 is 25% of her gross and if she drives a cop car *gently* she'd need more gas 7.46 work days after she filled up... so on the following Wednesday mid-way through her trip to work she'd flame out.

Just take your pick, choose gas prices between $4 and $4.20 and estimate MPG that would burn through $70 in gas per week... it's not freaking rocket science. There's about 20-25 miles one way from Huntington (+/- a mile if you wish) so she's commuting 40-50 miles per day.

Smile What up? Time to get ill?

Yes.. I understand the math... it was all the other ASSumptions that went along with it in discussing how poor she is.

You are also assuming that she wasn't exaggerating at all in here statement of it being 1/4 of her pay. Bman was assuming that she was talking about gross pay (not net) which NO ONE does when talking about money. And then someone threw in the health care and other items.

Point being... there's more likely than not a lot of FACTS none of us know. And since you are a stickler for facts about the BMV I can only ASSume you would be a stickler in this case as well.

Mike D grab the Cash, MCA grabbed the gold
I grabbed two girlies and a beer that's cold..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:38 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

Yes.. I understand the math... it was all the other ASSumptions that went along with it in discussing how poor she is.

You are also assuming that she wasn't exaggerating at all in here statement of it being 1/4 of her pay. Bman was assuming that she was talking about gross pay (not net) which NO ONE does when talking about money. And then someone threw in the health care and other items.

Point being... there's more likely than not a lot of FACTS none of us know. And since you are a stickler for facts about the BMV I can only ASSume you would be a stickler in this case as well.

My point with estimating is that it's at least plausible that she was telling the truth.

Dude, take a nap, unwind. That was a different thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

My point with estimating is that it's at least plausible that she was telling the truth.

Dude, take a nap, unwind. That was a different thread.

So here we can make plausible assumptions? Well, is it no more plausible to assume the points I made were valid as well? Which would make both of our stances pointless since we really know nothing on the issue.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum