The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?"

2 posters

Go down

GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?" Empty GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?"

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:08 am

Speaking of people who can't seem to understand the first rule of public speaking in the days of voice and video recorders. I don't think anyone is even paying attention to GWB no matter what he says.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?" Empty Re: GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?"

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:28 am

The White House needs to follow there own advise, Dana Perino said the following about a week ago "There is only ONE President of the United States, and this President will be relevant until he leaves office" .. hahahaha

Like Meta said, no one is listening to him now. America and world waits for the swearing in of Barack Obama. I hear "It's a New Day" playing right now!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?" Empty Re: GWB: "is anyone listening... to me?"

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:30 am

That said... I'm still hope most try and outrun the hawks. They love to pick'em drunk Meerkats off one by one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:50 pm

Anyone listened to Obama speak when asked a question he wasn't prepped for? He sounds almost as bad as me giving a public speech.. (which is baaaaad.. lots of umms..)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Anyone listened to Obama speak when asked a question he wasn't prepped for? He sounds almost as bad as me giving a public speech.. (which is baaaaad.. lots of umms..)
You mean kind of like our current president? Pat White was trying to point this out the other day too. And really, if that is all Pat has on him, I think Meta4 can tell you what comes next...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:Anyone listened to Obama speak when asked a question he wasn't prepped for? He sounds almost as bad as me giving a public speech.. (which is baaaaad.. lots of umms..)
You mean kind of like our current president? Pat White was trying to point this out the other day too. And really, if that is all Pat has on him, I think Meta4 can tell you what comes next...
I'd say it depends on how you look at it. Is he unsure of his answer? Is he not confident? Those things can be pretty important.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Oh oh! It means....

[drumroll]

"His shit is weak"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:46 pm

I think a lot of this has to do with technology and our access to information. The sound-bite mentality where we expect 15 second answers to very complex issues doesn't help either. I'm not convinced that our leaders today are any worse public speakers than previous leaders but today we have have access to almost everything our leaders say or write. I think we've also lost our reverence for our Presidents and have no problem tearing them down. I'm sure that McCain is well aware that Pakistan exists and where it is located and I'm certain Obama knows there are not 57 states.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Vis wrote:I think a lot of this has to do with technology and our access to information. The sound-bite mentality where we expect 15 second answers to very complex issues doesn't help either. I'm not convinced that our leaders today are any worse public speakers than previous leaders but today we have have access to almost everything our leaders say or write. I think we've also lost our reverence for our Presidents and have no problem tearing them down. I'm sure that McCain is well aware that Pakistan exists and where it is located and I'm certain Obama knows there are not 57 states.
I can't disagree with any of what you just said. Some are good at the snappy comebacks to questions. Some aren't. That shouldn't make them any less of a leader, IMHO. I sometimes get the feeling that if Mel Tillis was trying to make it big in music today, he would have been shown the door because of his stuttering.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down