The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Care in America

+2
LTRT
IrishGuy
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Health Care in America - Page 2 Empty Re: Health Care in America

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:15 am

floridafun wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:
Canuck wrote:Did she say why she thinks privatized healthcare would be better?

1) Name one thing that our gov't does better than the private sector.... other than waste money.
2) see social security for why the gov't shouldn't be in charge of anything that involves taking our money and determining who gets to use it when and why
3) but mostly, it'll work like a union, it takes away any incentive to get to the top and instead puts the emphasis on just seeing people, not necessarily giving quality care.

on your #3...do you REALLY think alot of those "at the top" of med industry in america are intent on giving quality care? or is it quantity care..ordering every possible test repeadly with no real need, doling out meds for all kind of crap a little diet and exercise would cure...for mo money in the docs pocket. yea lets all embrace that!

Like that will change under universal healthcare. If anything they will increase since the gov't will pay a mininum per test/procedure so they will have to order more test, more pills, more follows up visits to make up for the lost income.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:43 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
floridafun wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

1) Name one thing that our gov't does better than the private sector.... other than waste money.
2) see social security for why the gov't shouldn't be in charge of anything that involves taking our money and determining who gets to use it when and why
3) but mostly, it'll work like a union, it takes away any incentive to get to the top and instead puts the emphasis on just seeing people, not necessarily giving quality care.

on your #3...do you REALLY think alot of those "at the top" of med industry in america are intent on giving quality care? or is it quantity care..ordering every possible test repeadly with no real need, doling out meds for all kind of crap a little diet and exercise would cure...for mo money in the docs pocket. yea lets all embrace that!

Like that will change under universal healthcare. If anything they will increase since the gov't will pay a mininum per test/procedure so they will have to order more test, more pills, more follows up visits to make up for the lost income.

ding ding ding ding ding... we have a winner.

The top doctors don't prescribe useless tests.. if you're at the top you have no need to prescribe useless tests because you've got a waiting list of patients to see you.

Ask yourself this.. how often do you hear of American's going to Canada or the UK for medical treatment? And how often do you hear stories of Canadians and Brit's coming to America for treatment?

Reform in the medical industry and turning it into a gov't entity are two separate things. Reform is needed, but not in the sense that we need to turn it into a bureaucracy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:10 am

The point of the article was and still is that Americans should not go without healthcare.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:27 am

cardinal5150 wrote:

Is that what she said? Or is that your opinion?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Canuck wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

Is that what she said? Or is that your opinion?

Those be her words. well.. she said your gov't instead of our. I had made the union comment earlier in the day once and she used it for universal health care, so it's sort of both of our words.

I saw a plumber with a shirt "Union Till I Die" today at Subway, made me laugh, instantly thought of this conversation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:50 pm

Bman wrote:The point of the article was and still is that Americans should not go without healthcare.

I haven't had health insurance since December of last year. I just figure I'll take my chances. If something happens, I'll let the bills pile up, then just claim bankruptcy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
Bman wrote:The point of the article was and still is that Americans should not go without healthcare.

I haven't had health insurance since December of last year. I just figure I'll take my chances. If something happens, I'll let the bills pile up, then just claim bankruptcy.

To each his own, but that not exactly a great way to build any wealth...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:42 pm

Jugomugo wrote:

Yeah, damn the man! You show 'em.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down