The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of

+4
Cincy Fan 44
moondrop
Canuck
LTRT
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of - Page 2 Empty Re: Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Thanks Meta & Canuck.

As for answering Canuck's question about why are there still unwanted pregnancies even if people are staunch believers...I guess IMHO it's because we're not all perfect and we don't always do what we should. I should eat more vegetables, but I don't. I should give more to charity, but I don't. I should have learned to throw a better curveball so that I could be making millions in MLB, but I didn't. The difference is I just don't think we need laws saying we need to take care of every person that's ever had an unwanted pregnancy. We already know what prevents unwanted pregnancies. If you're going to throw money and time into something, then promote that.

And how is the opinion or beliefs of a man who is running for the presidency going to prevent unwanted pregnancies?
It seems as though you are absolving people of their personal responsibilities. It's not his fault that there are unwanted pregnancies nor is it the fault of the other candidates.
I know we are not perfect as human beings, of course we will make mistakes, however if we are not held accountable for our actions, how can we learn to change our habits? Many of us do not take a moment to stop and think before we act.

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
I should have learned to throw a better curveball so that I could be making millions in MLB, but I didn't.

It's not my fault you were busy doing other stuff under the bleachers when you were sent to play baseball. lol! Razz
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of - Page 2 Empty Re: Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:01 pm

here we go again... Rolling Eyes

No disrespect to either opinion Bman or Cincy, I'll squelch now because for me what started as a commentary on Obama's appearance with Rick Warren has been hooked into the rough.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:06 pm

Canuck wrote:It seems as though you are absolving people of their personal responsibilities. It's not his fault that there are unwanted pregnancies nor is it the fault of the other candidates.
Sorry it didn't come through better...I was being sarcastic. If candidates really want to have a discussion on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies, then discuss ways to get parents and school systems talking to kids about the dangers/downfalls of unplanned pregnancies, not create more laws and legislation.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:08 pm

meta4 wrote:here we go again... Rolling Eyes

No disrespect to either opinion Bman or Cincy, I'll squelch now because for me what started as a commentary on Obama's appearance with Rick Warren has been hooked into the rough.
Sorry Meta...I have sinned. I'll put it in my tangent thread the next time.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I think we should stone you in the town's square Cincy... lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Canuck wrote:It seems as though you are absolving people of their personal responsibilities. It's not his fault that there are unwanted pregnancies nor is it the fault of the other candidates.
Sorry it didn't come through better...I was being sarcastic. If candidates really want to have a discussion on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies, then discuss ways to get parents and school systems talking to kids about the dangers/downfalls of unplanned pregnancies, not create more laws and legislation.

Isn't that what we are saying too? scratch
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Canuck wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I think we should stone you in the town's square Cincy... lol!
As long as Meta is the one throwing the stones, I'm okay with that. My 4 year old could throw better than him... Razz Razz Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:15 pm

In that case I'll give him a sling shot Twisted Evil
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Canuck wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Isn't that what we are saying too? scratch
Probably. My brain is starting to hurt. I think I need some of those malted drinks Oliver was talking about earlier today...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Canuck wrote:In that case I'll give him a sling shot Twisted Evil
Like that would help!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:
moondrop wrote:
He is a joke all the way around, double talk (well my personal belief is, but), not steadfast, lots of studering (sp
). clown

Moon please give specific examples where Obama 'double speaks' or *studders*

If you want to play with the big kids you better be tight on the facts.

Otherwise please keep to the shallow end of the gene pool with the loud retarded kids.

Apologies to all the loud retarded kids who may have read this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRZX_ndZN-g&feature=related

Just watch this and it is very clear. You cannot be pro choice and not pro abortion, just cannot be. This is just one example.
Watch any of the interview and he studders all over the place. Nervous, can you say?

If a person cannot stand firm on his/her beliefs, how can he/she stand firm on any issues as our leader.

As far as playing, that is the point, I do not play like some of you. And OA you are a joke to society, crude and rude.

Cincy, at least we agree on the issues of abortion is murdering babies. Bless you

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:33 pm

This is in regard to abortions #'s effecting adoptions in America.
+++++++++++++++++++

Each year more than a third of our country's 4 million births are to unmarried women, but it is estimated that in a typical year the total number of mothers who voluntarily relinguish their children for adoption is fewer than 14,000. Would-be parents trek to the Far East and mount expeditions to South America because there are so few infants available for adoption in the United States. Most of the couples looking to adopt are white and children in foster care are disproportionately non-white. Adoption is in decline and has been for 35 years. The decline isn't in the number of families looking to adopt. The decline rather is in the number of women who choose to give their children up for adoption. From 1952 to 1972, one in five unwed white mothers chose adoption. The rates were lower for black and Hispanic women, but even so nearly one in ten unwed mothers chose adoption over raising children without a husband. On January 22, 1973, the cultural earthquake that was Roe v. Wade changed all that. And what had been murder on Sunday night was a constitutional right by Monday morning.

(Excerpt) Read more at nrd.nationalreview.com ...

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/journals/3402502.html

http://www.unites-nigeria.org/WDW203/faq.html

Last edited by moondrop on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added addiontion info.)

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Moon - First off I don't pretend to be anything I am not.

B. I am not a joke *to* society, I am joke ON society.

III. I prefer the term "asshole douchebag" over rude and crude. It's a bit more poetic.

2x2. It is my personal goal to point out as much dumbassery in this world as possible.

FIVE. "Stutter".... S - T - U - T - T - E - R
*It's ENGLISH motherfucker... DO YOU SPEAK IT?!?

*a fond tip o' the hat and a special thanks to Samuel L. Jackson.

Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of - Page 2 Crazy-cat-lady-action-figure
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:16 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Moon - First off I don't pretend to be anything I am not.

III. I prefer the term "asshole douchebag" over rude and crude. It's a bit more poetic.

2x2. It is my personal goal to point out as much dumbassery in this world as possible.

Above my Pay Grade or any Tangent You Can Think Of - Page 2 Crazy-cat-lady-action-figure

Dude, you're killing me here. Laughing Y.S.I.N.W.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:23 pm

I think Doe is going bye bye ... lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm

And yet you let effected go unchallenged? Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Bman wrote:

I think Doe is going bye bye ... lol[/quote]

ummm, I don't like her either but she hasn't done anything to warrant a banning. You may want to rethink your action and undo it ASAP. When you're pissed off enough that you resort to banning opinions you disagree with then I might recommend a short break.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 pm

getting off topic fellas... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:08 pm

How so? She was banned from this thread and I asked that he undo the banning in this thread ... still on topic! Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:12 pm

Vis wrote:How so? She was banned from this thread and I asked that he undo the banning in this thread ... still on topic! Twisted Evil
Oh. I was going more for the fact that the thread was about the Pay Grade comment. Someone already slapped my hand for going off topic. Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Vis wrote:How so? She was banned from this thread and I asked that he undo the banning in this thread ... still on topic! Twisted Evil
Oh. I was going more for the fact that the thread was about the Pay Grade comment. Someone already slapped my hand for going off topic. Very Happy

must have been the totalitarian in democrat clothing bman. Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Vis wrote:
Bman wrote:

I think Doe is going bye bye ... lol

ummm, I don't like her either but she hasn't done anything to warrant a banning. You may want to rethink your action and undo it ASAP. When you're pissed off enough that you resort to banning opinions you disagree with then I might recommend a short break.[/quote]

How do you know anything even happened? lol. Did she message you to tell you so? Chillax.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:27 pm

um, because I'm an admin and can see that she was banned by him because he was sick of her shit. She did far less than you did and we started a whole new board to support you so maybe you ought to chillax.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:getting off topic fellas... Laughing

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how much does BHO need to make a year before he can answer the question “At what point does a baby get human rights, in your view?”

Nearly $4 million in 2007 isn't enough? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LTRT on Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:57 pm

Vis wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

must have been the totalitarian in democrat clothing bman. Mad
naw, he's innocent (this time). I think it was that cool dude Meta. Thank you Meta for snapping me back in place! Cool
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum