The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert

+2
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert Empty Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:19 pm

John McCain would like to have the debates postponed until this economic crisis is solved.

I read into that he does not want to have to address this issue Friday night. I am guessing Obama will roll over and the debate commission will too but that sucks ... They SHOULD have the debate Friday night so America knows definitively where each candidate stands on this issue ... they should have to belly up to the bar Friday night and speak the truth to us.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert Empty Re: Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:22 pm

I don't understand why they need to debate. If anyone wants answers, all they need is the link to this messageboard. Everyone here seems to have answers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert Empty Re: Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:25 pm

And if you could bother to read the rest of what McCain has said he's also suspending his presidential campaign so he can go to Washington to work on this bill.

It's not just Friday.. he's doing what Congress SHOULD have done last weekend and get their asses in gear on this bill.

I'm actually surprised that the McCain camp beat the BO camp to the punch on this one. And that it took this long for either camp to make a statement like this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:25 pm

“At 8:30 this morning, Senator Obama called Senator McCain to ask him if he would join in issuing a joint statement outlining their shared principles and conditions for the Treasury proposal and urging Congress and the White House to act in a bipartisan manner to pass such a proposal. At 2:30 this afternoon, Senator McCain returned Senator Obama’s call and agreed to join him in issuing such a statement. The two campaigns are currently working together on the details,” spokesman Bill Burton said.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/24/mccain-suspends-campaign-to-help-with-bailout/
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:25 pm

For once Bman (twice if you count our the OSU allegiance) I agree with you. Both should, as you put it, belly up to the bar. Face the music. Whatever, they should still have the debate. Now if something ultra-catastrophic happens between now and then, postpone it.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Fleek wrote:I don't understand why they need to debate. If anyone wants answers, all they need is the link to this messageboard. Everyone here seems to have answers.

lol.. sorry.. I just start laughing every time I see Mini-Me now...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

John McCain's request to delay campaigining and this week's debate is:
An effort to help the economy 31%
A political gimmick 66%
Something else 4%

Well, well, I suppose if BHO would've made the first move then the poll would've shown the results as an overwhelming response in helping the economy. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:56 pm

LTRT wrote:
A political gimmick 66%
Something else 4%

Well, well, I suppose if BHO would've made the first move then the poll would've shown the results as an overwhelming response in helping the economy. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Glad the American people have read through this false spin by John McCain. He has said that he knows NOTHING about the economy, not his strong suit so no flucking wonder he wants to postpone a debate during the middle of a financial meltdown. He can't hang with Barack and he is scared shitless to go to this debate. If we allow this debate to be cancelled on Friday night at 8 pm EST we ought to all turn out the lights ... party is over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:03 pm

Bman wrote:If we allow this debate to be cancelled on Friday night at 8 pm EST we ought to all turn out the lights ... party is over.
It's actually on at 9pm there BarackMan...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Good to know the Dem's don't believe this is important enough to send their presidential candidate back to Washington to work on...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:28 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Good to know the Dem's don't believe this is important enough to send their presidential candidate back to Washington to work on...

They haven't been there all week ... I am sure both of them could get their point across via video conferencing ...or fly to Washington tonight work on it till midafternoon Friday and then head to Ole Miss ... the american people deserve to hear what Barack and McCain have to say about this. McCain doesn't need to hide behind his party ... fluckin be a man and tell us what you think.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Nice spin... still doesn't change that BO apparently doesn't believe this issue is big enough to set aside his campaign for a couple days to resolve. After all.. you've educated us on how big this is and that it's the next Great Depression, seems to me that's not something you just ignore and let others handle if you're running for President of the United States. Maybe I have a distorted view of what the President is supposed to do though.

The rest of congress apparently believes it's an important issue as some are reporting they'll be working Saturday to try and get something done if it's not done by then. But hey.. we need to have two people get on TV to recite crap we already know about their foreign policy stances.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  hoosierhelen Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:43 pm

Good Grief Cardinal – spin is what you call it?

The 'ole boy’s club’ needs a few more days to put their spin on how they chose to ignore this crisis. Their own Federal appointed Comptroller General of the United States had warned them of this crisis more than a year ago. He is very much on record for doing so.

The spin is why McCain needs more time. Obama has some concrete questions to present to them and they don’t have their answers prepared yet.

The dog ate my homework!
hoosierhelen
hoosierhelen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  hoosierhelen Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Hey Jugomugo!

I'm new to this forum, I liked the content of your post, but sure did wish you would respect the ladies & gentlemen here who are offended at profanity. ?

Can't we communicate without that? I'm a grandmother and married woman, I'm not accustomed to that type of exchange.

Thanks,
Helen
hoosierhelen
hoosierhelen
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:48 pm

hoosierhelen wrote:Good Grief Cardinal – spin is what you call it?

The 'ole boy’s club’ needs a few more days to put their spin on how they chose to ignore this crisis. Their own Federal appointed Comptroller General of the United States had warned them of this crisis more than a year ago. He is very much on record for doing so.

The spin is why McCain needs more time. Obama has some concrete questions to present to them and they don’t have their answers prepared yet.

The dog ate my homework!

Yes.. spin is what I call it. BO's camp has for the past week or so been throwing out the idea that McCain doesn't understand the economy (see their talking pamphlet bman for info). Now McCain has stepped up and said hey, let's go resolve this and take a break from running for President and suddenly the economy and the markets aren't really that important.

I liked BO's quote today at his news conference.. a President needs to be able to do multiple things at once.. well, why not start off by showing you can do one thing, and get it right.

If the Dem's were smart they would have put together a plan then gave it to BO for him to present to congress earlier this week. To show how dedicated he is to the "average man". After all.. isn't that what he's all about? Instead, he's done nothing. He didn't even release a statement on the package until a Republican (sorry, can't remember who he said it was) called him this morning to tell him it'd be effective if he and McCain released a joint statement on the issue.

After all, isn't McCain the one who knows nothing of the economy and is disconnected from the "average american"? Seems to me he's the only one of the two who's realizing this bill needs to be passed, and it needs to be passed now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:52 pm

I like how BHO says, "call me if ya need me" as his response. afro
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Shocking News .... news flash ... news alert Empty Jugs words

Post  whoosieme Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:46 pm

Helen, one of the reasons this board was formed is someone(donut) whanked about Jugs language and such. If you dont like it S.O.B......

whoosieme
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:29 pm

hoosierhelen wrote:Hey Jugomugo!

I'm new to this forum, I liked the content of your post, but sure did wish you would respect the ladies & gentlemen here who are offended at profanity. ?

Can't we communicate without that? I'm a grandmother and married woman, I'm not accustomed to that type of exchange.

Thanks,
Helen

Helen, it gets rough in here. Not for the faint of heart!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:32 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
hoosierhelen wrote:Good Grief Cardinal – spin is what you call it?

The dog ate my homework!

Yes.. spin is what I call it. BO's camp has for the past week or so been throwing out the idea that McCain doesn't understand the economy (see their talking pamphlet bman for info). Now McCain has stepped up and said hey, let's go resolve this and take a break from running for President and suddenly the economy and the markets aren't really that important.

I liked BO's quote today at his news conference.. a President needs to be able to do multiple things at once.. well, why not start off by showing you can do one thing, and get it right.

If the Dem's were smart they would have put together a plan then gave it to BO for him to present to congress earlier this week. To show how dedicated he is to the "average man". After all.. isn't that what he's all about? Instead, he's done nothing. He didn't even release a statement on the package until a Republican (sorry, can't remember who he said it was) called him this morning to tell him it'd be effective if he and McCain released a joint statement on the issue.

After all, isn't McCain the one who knows nothing of the economy and is disconnected from the "average american"? Seems to me he's the only one of the two who's realizing this bill needs to be passed, and it needs to be passed now.

Card Card Card ... just 10 days McCain told us our economy was strong ... he now down 9 pts in the latest poll and all of a sudden he knows a debate right now will put Obama up 15 points with 4 weeks to go, so McCain cries and whines that by Monday .. by Monday we could be in a GREAT DEPRESSION if he does not go to Washington this week and cancel the debate.

Everyone in here knows this was a political ploy ... like Jugo said, McCain is a flucking prissy who knows he can't debate with Obama. This is funny ... this election is OVER. Obama wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:18 am

obama is in touch with nancy and others daily..they know what he feels needs to be addressed and removed from the cheney doctrin of never look never review bailout.

mccain just lost. only the true diehards dont see it yet... affraid
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:59 am

floridafun wrote:the cheney doctrin of never look never review bailout.

I am still shaking my head over this one. It's so unbelievable that anyone would suggest such restrictions on a bill so massive and consequential for America.

Can anyone explain this for me? Has there been a comment to why this bill must be out of reach for review? Is there a logic behind it, or is it bushco's way of saying "Ok, we'll play the game but I make the rules. If we don't go by my rules, I quit."

It's just shocking that a president would try to use his power this way. For all of our recent bickering of elitism of late, everyone pales in comparison to Bush and Cheney. I thought initially this was an absurd way to attach more criticality to the bill and raise it's importance to "emergency" status.

(chuckle to the terror threat warning scale.... raised to orange) :LOL:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 am

I would assume the reason it was first wanted to be a "you can't change this" is so once it got done, it was done and no one (republican or democrat) could change it to win votes. Basically so politics wouldn't get in the way of resolving this mess.

As it stands I don't think anything much is changing from Paulson's original idea.. the only add on's are that it appears there's going to be a cap on exec pay and possibly something about getting equity in the companies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:38 am

I don't know about anybody else, but I've been searching all over my building looking for a golden parachute... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:20 am

Bill Clinton: Don't 'Overly Parse' McCain Request to Delay Debate
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/bill-clinton-do.html

cheers to Bill
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:42 am

LTRT wrote:
A political gimmick 66%
Something else 4%

Yeh Babyman and BO is just pissed they did not think of this first.
However McCain is showing us where his responsibility lies, he is not just running for Pres. he is currently a Senator that needs to be at work.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next