The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intrnational news

+3
Mort
Cincy Fan 44
floridafun
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

intrnational news Empty intrnational news

Post  floridafun Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:28 pm

bush in iraq...ducking the ish-shoes as usual....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wrChJjpFVc
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

intrnational news Empty Re: intrnational news

Post  Guest Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Awesome. It's a true shame against humanity that he missed. Bush deserves more than a faceful of shoe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:05 pm

yeah some probably wish the 'journalist' was richard reid... Rolling Eyes
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:yeah some probably wish the 'journalist' was richard reid... Rolling Eyes

That would have been truly awesome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:06 am

He looks and acts like a drunk, I still can't believe the American people voted him in twice Exclamation

An embarrassment to all Americans Arrow

He has balls going to Iraq I wonder who made him do that? It wasn't his idea we know that.
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:31 am

Real classy. Let's see if you feel the same way when someone takes shots at Obama.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:42 am

Markwes wrote:Real classy. Let's see if you feel the same way when someone takes shots at Obama.

Whah.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:49 am

What's ironic is that probably a few years ago had anybody tried that they would have immediately been killed with no questions asked. Must be nice for that guy to live in a 'liberated' country.

Last edited by Cincy Fan 44 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:23 am

I have to admit, the first shoe would have got him right in the mug. Kudos to the pres for the sweet dodge move... and kudos to the journalist for the nice toss. It would be really embarrassing if you have the gumption to toss shoes at the president and you miss...

Isnt there some sort of cultural significance to the tossing of shoes?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:29 am

Do you think Pres. Bush had enough time to look into his "soul"??? jocolor
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 am

pez wrote:I have to admit, the first shoe would have got him right in the mug. Kudos to the pres for the sweet dodge move... and kudos to the journalist for the nice toss. It would be really embarrassing if you have the gumption to toss shoes at the president and you miss...

Yea I was thinking the same thing ... remember when Saddam was toppled and people were using their shoes to beat on his pictures and statue when it came tumbling down.

Mark, I understand what you are saying but Bush did bring this Iraq mess thing on himself. I am also pretty darn sure that there are one or two on this board that would use this icon cheers cheers cheers had this been Obama or when this happens to Obama (huh LTRT?).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:50 am

Bman wrote:I am also pretty darn sure that there are one or two on this board that would use this icon cheers cheers cheers had this been Obama or when this happens to Obama (huh LTRT?).

Is that an attempt to be facetious this Monday morning?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 am

Markwes wrote:Real classy. Let's see if you feel the same way when someone takes shots at Obama.

I cannot help but make the call as it is. I was not referring to anything but the moment. The way he handled it and how he handled it and what he said afterwards.
I was a good duck.

Markwes, my statement had nothing to do with the republicans or any party as you have heard me before state that we need them both.

But this last president was a really sad case of a huge scam pulled over the American people eyes and are still at it as I type.

Wall street has scammed us good right along with the govt. And good job they did!

Why Markwes does my statement about Pres Bush offend you??

He started out with good intentions but he screwed it up royally in the end...
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:38 pm

long as they are shoe-shots i will laugh then too.

the shoe thing is an iraqi form of expressing ultimate disrespect. well earned. go in and occupy and destroy the weakest of the middle eastern countries under the guise of wmd which was intentionally built on lies, but not rebuild the infrastructure with the billions of us$ that were allocated to do but instead lined pockets and/or disappeared..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:40 pm

Not to wish ill on the guy, but it would have made for better video if he'd been hit in the mouth with it... did anyone else think it took a long time for secret service to get involved? Would you as a secret service agent take a shoe for your president?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:47 pm

floridafun wrote:...but not rebuild the infrastructure with the billions of us$ that were allocated to do but instead lined pockets and/or disappeared..

Iraq Reconstruction Report

Just in case you might've missed hearing about it.

Last edited by LTRT on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:19 pm

pez wrote:I have to admit, the first shoe would have got him right in the mug. Kudos to the pres for the sweet dodge move... and kudos to the journalist for the nice toss. It would be really embarrassing if you have the gumption to toss shoes at the president and you miss...

They were discussing on NPR that throwing your shoes at someone is basically the worst insult you can give someone. Many, many people in Iraq now think of the journalist as a hero for their country.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Jugomugo wrote:

They were discussing on NPR that throwing your shoes at someone is basically the worst insult you can give someone. Many, many people in Iraq now think of the journalist as a hero for their country.

Many people in Iraq think suicide bombers are heros too.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:27 pm

And people in our country consider actors and overpaid football stars heroes.

At least some countries have their priorities in order.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:30 pm

Jugomugo wrote:And people in our country consider actors and overpaid football stars heroes.

At least some countries have their priorities in order.

Oh the irony
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Shoeicide bomber.

heh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:03 pm

pez wrote:Not to wish ill on the guy, but it would have made for better video if he'd been hit in the mouth with it... did anyone else think it took a long time for secret service to get involved? Would you as a secret service agent take a shoe for your president?
Now that you mention it, yeah, it seemed like it took the SS a bit longer to react than I thought it would have. Looked like the Iraq President (Malacki sp?) even tried to catch one of the shoes. Bush definitely had matrix-like reactions to the shoes being tossed...he could be on my Dodgeball team any day!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:41 pm

I guess it is hailed as a class act when Bush decided lie to the American publice to invade Iraq and it's rather classy that he is responsible for the deaths of more than 4000 US soldiers, more than 90,000 civilians and millions homeless.

Oh wait, no, that was to "liberate" them... Rolling Eyes

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/081215/world/iraq_us_bush_media

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Iraq faced mounting calls on Monday to release the journalist who hurled his shoes at George W. Bush, an action branded shameful by the government but hailed in the Arab world as an ideal parting gift to the unpopular US president.

Colleagues of Muntazer al-Zaidi, who works for independent Iraqi television station Al-Baghdadia, said he "detested America" and had been plotting such an attack for months against the man who ordered the war on his country.

"Throwing the shoes at Bush was the best goodbye kiss ever... it expresses how Iraqis and other Arabs hate Bush," wrote Musa Barhoumeh, editor of Jordan's independent Al-Gahd newspaper.

Hundreds of Iraqis joined anti-US demonstrations to protest at Bush's farewell visit on Sunday to Iraq, which was plunged into a deadly insurgency and near civil war in the aftermath of the 2003 invasion.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:51 pm

floridafun wrote:

long as they are shoe-shots i will laugh then too.

Really? You think it's funny when a journalist who his colleagues say "detested America" throws a shoe at the president? That explains a lot.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Mort wrote:

I cannot help but make the call as it is. I was not referring to anything but the moment. The way he handled it and how he handled it and what he said afterwards.
I was a good duck.

Markwes, my statement had nothing to do with the republicans or any party as you have heard me before state that we need them both.

But this last president was a really sad case of a huge scam pulled over the American people eyes and are still at it as I type.

Wall street has scammed us good right along with the govt. And good job they did!

Why Markwes does my statement about Pres Bush offend you??

He started out with good intentions but he screwed it up royally in the end...
I really wasn't responding to you, just to anyone who thinks this incident is a good thing. We all know how everyone here feels about Bush, and I think he could have done some things better myself. That's not the point. It doesn't matter to me that it was Bush. It's about our president being attacked. Call it a sign of disrespect if you want and assume most Iraqi's are glad he did it (since Jugo said that it must be true Rolling Eyes ), but the fact of the matter is that if that had been done in this country by an American journalist toward an Arab leader, we would be seeing massive rioting around the world.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next