The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First News Conference

3 posters

Go down

First News Conference Empty First News Conference

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:26 pm

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1108/Obama_has_spoken_only_to_living_presidents.html

Obama says in his first post-election press conference that he's spoken to all the former presidents — Carter, Bush, Clinton, as well as the current Bush — and, looser than he's been in months, dares a joke at the expense of the widow of the most recently deceased.

"I have spoken to all of them who are living," he says. "I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any séances," he says.

Real Classy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

First News Conference Empty Re: First News Conference

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah, nobody says shit about Nancy talking to dead people but if BO talks to Bill Ayres he's a terrorist devil. Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:42 pm

I watched it, and based on the context, I got a laugh out of it. It doesn't really come off well in print, but it did on TV.

He also said that they'd like to get a dog from a shelter for their daughters. As far as the breed, he said something along the lines of getting a mutt, "like me." (No Ollie, he didn't say "munt" so stop your collectin'!). I thought it was kind of funny, but then again some tell me I tend to have a corny sense of humor about those things... Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Ugh. He has apologized to Nancy for his comment. Screw that crazy biatch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:15 am

LTRT wrote:http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1108/Obama_has_spoken_only_to_living_presidents.html

Obama says in his first post-election press conference that he's spoken to all the former presidents — Carter, Bush, Clinton, as well as the current Bush — and, looser than he's been in months, dares a joke at the expense of the widow of the most recently deceased.

"I have spoken to all of them who are living," he says. "I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any séances," he says.

Real Classy

i remember when there were meetings and trips cancelled because psychic sylvia brown said there were bad vibes on those days...the obama comment was much classier than the reagon psychic connections in real life at the white house were. but they are white so i suppose thats different. afro
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 am

floridafun wrote:i remember when there were meetings and trips cancelled because psychic sylvia brown said there were bad vibes on those days...the obama comment was much classier than the reagon psychic connections in real life at the white house were. but they are white so i suppose thats different. afro
Now if Dionne Warwick shows up we'll know something is up... Suspect Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content