The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intrnational news

+3
Mort
Cincy Fan 44
floridafun
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

intrnational news - Page 4 Empty Re: intrnational news

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:02 pm

That's all for me on this issue folks.... tune in next week when I'll demonstrate my supernatural ability to automagically turn one statement into another, undebateable statement using jedi powers of the mind!

... You won't want to miss this!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:03 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
I made by point a long time ago when I told FF I was "disgusted that you focus on it". That's pretty much it! Maybe 95% of our troops there our doing the right thing, but she's focusing on the 5% or whatever number it is that are not!

So lemme see if I get this straight... 5% unemployment is a problem. However, 5% of the soldiers breaking Geneva convention guidelines is just something we shouldn't focus on because Bush had nothing to do with it, Cheney had nothing to do with it, and your relatives or friends that were/are in the military say everything is OK.

Funny, I thought you said you made a point. That "disgusted" statement sounds exactly like an ad hominem attack on FF for "focusing" as you put it.

...hey if you make another "point" to follow that one, maybe it would qualify for the minimum # of points that constitute an argument.

Maybe you could ad hom about how FF focuses on the drama by posting 10 links from YouTube instead of 3 from the New Republic. Maybe you then you could express how you feel that this woman (FF) is accusing your family/friends/etc. of being murders... not for it's hyperbole attached to the rest of your argument, but just to be a douche.

Who knows, after another 5 pages of finger painting pictures with shit paint... you could then blame HER for bringing this debate up...

intrnational news - Page 4 309907
Man, are you really this dense? This is all an act right? Shame on me for wasting a few minutes of my day responding to your garbage.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:06 pm

meta4 wrote:That's all for me on this issue folks.... tune in next week when I'll demonstrate my supernatural ability to automagically turn one statement into another, undebateable statement using jedi powers of the mind!

And all this time I was taking notes from your posts because I thought you were our resident debate coach. geek
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:25 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:That's all for me on this issue folks.... tune in next week when I'll demonstrate my supernatural ability to automagically turn one statement into another, undebateable statement using jedi powers of the mind!

And all this time I was taking notes from your posts because I thought you were our resident debate coach. geek

Seriously? I like the term professor, because it sound good with "and mary ann". Razz

Markwes douched all over FF for posting this topic and when asked, he ad hom'd to avoid having to post any original thought. That's a debate tactic straight out of the textbook. I though he was coaching us on how to disrespect other members of the board.

This war has: 1) changed our perception - negatively - among other nations of the world and 2) (the handful of isolated incidents) single-handedly has equipped budding terrorists with the necessary trauma whereby they can go out and commit mass suicides, and other such acts against innocent Americans.

This was not a topic IMHO, to be flippantly classified as "an asinine statement", wrinkled into a ball and thrown into the trash. Then his sarcastic comment about some people from The Real Board think he's a murdering rapist, simultaneously glossing over an important consequence of the Iraq/Afghanistan war.

Markwes wrote:Next time I talk to my brother in law I'll have to tell him that some people on a message board that I frequent labeled as "The Lighter Side of Fort Wayne" think he's a murderer and rapist. Maybe he has some good rape stories to tell me. Mad

That one is a douchebag and his points in this thread have been bovine, shallow, unpatriotic, and unAmerican. Ergo, the vomit...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:30 pm

And Mark is the only poster who responds with comments as such. Suspect scratch

It appears this thread went the way of many just like before the election. silent
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:39 pm

LTRT wrote:And Mark is the only poster who responds with comments as such. Suspect scratch

It appears this thread went the way of many just like before the election. silent

Absolutely not. Jugo, Mort, and probably others sometimes throw out comments that are in the realm of "unpatriotic" with respect to Today's America... at least they are consistent in their attempts to lend credibility to the damage that is done by incendiary partisan polarization of current issues. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:55 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
I made by point a long time ago when I told FF I was "disgusted that you focus on it". That's pretty much it! Maybe 95% of our troops there our doing the right thing, but she's focusing on the 5% or whatever number it is that are not!

So lemme see if I get this straight... 5% unemployment is a problem. However, 5% of the soldiers breaking Geneva convention guidelines is just something we shouldn't focus on because Bush had nothing to do with it, Cheney had nothing to do with it, and your relatives or friends that were/are in the military say everything is OK.

Funny, I thought you said you made a point. That "disgusted" statement sounds exactly like an ad hominem attack on FF for "focusing" as you put it.

...hey if you make another "point" to follow that one, maybe it would qualify for the minimum # of points that constitute an argument.

Maybe you could ad hom about how FF focuses on the drama by posting 10 links from YouTube instead of 3 from the New Republic. Maybe you then you could express how you feel that this woman (FF) is accusing your family/friends/etc. of being murders... not for it's hyperbole attached to the rest of your argument, but just to be a douche.

Who knows, after another 5 pages of finger painting pictures with shit paint... you could then blame HER for bringing this debate up...

intrnational news - Page 4 309907

first..i focus on it? i have been following this stuff for a few years. how often do i mention anything about it? there was a lengthly thread on the old jg board on the topic. some posting vids and news similar to what i posted here, others showing the "good patriotic" soldiers doing great things for the people of iraq.

maybe 5% are guilty of what i refer to. maybe 35%. would a proven higher percent make anyone think.."ok now we need to give this some serious thought"? i posted so many to show variations in times and areas and people explaining their role in what happened. i choose to learn ALL i can about whats going on. the good and the shameful. not thinking about the bad doesnt make it go away or decrease in any way, or help our military who were backed into a corner by the rules of this administration and the commanders on the ground into committing what they did.

i do apologize for what seems to be thought of as a blanket statement about our military versus saddam. it should have said some of our military.

if i had only posted 1 or 2 links they would have been phoo-phoo'd and not given any credibility. and of course it wasnt anyway even with 10 different sources by those who prefer to not know the whole story. no surprise there.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:00 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:And Mark is the only poster who responds with comments as such. Suspect scratch

Absolutely not. Jugo, Mort, and probably others sometimes throw out comments that are in the realm of "unpatriotic" with respect to Today's America... at least they are consistent in their attempts to lend credibility to the damage that is done by incendiary partisan polarization of current issues. Very Happy
You really need to stop throwing out words just for the sake of bashing. Unpatriotic? Uh, right. Partisan? Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? I have never said anything about Bush and Cheney and whether they have anything to do with war crimes over there. Maybe they do, I don't really know. What I do know is that Cincy made a comment along the lines of at least we can say that an evil dictator has been removed. And then FF decided this was a good opportunity to slam our troops. That's when I supposedly "douched" her. No, I'll never be the top douche here as long as you're around.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:19 pm

floridafun wrote:first..i focus on it? i have been following this stuff for a few years. how often do i mention anything about it? there was a lengthly thread on the old jg board on the topic. some posting vids and news similar to what i posted here, others showing the "good patriotic" soldiers doing great things for the people of iraq.

maybe 5% are guilty of what i refer to. maybe 35%. would a proven higher percent make anyone think.."ok now we need to give this some serious thought"? i posted so many to show variations in times and areas and people explaining their role in what happened. i choose to learn ALL i can about whats going on. the good and the shameful. not thinking about the bad doesnt make it go away or decrease in any way, or help our military who were backed into a corner by the rules of this administration and the commanders on the ground into committing what they did.

i do apologize for what seems to be thought of as a blanket statement about our military versus saddam. it should have said some of our military.

if i had only posted 1 or 2 links they would have been phoo-phoo'd and not given any credibility. and of course it wasnt anyway even with 10 different sources by those who prefer to not know the whole story. no surprise there.
My thought is that if this is a big deal, then you should start a thread about it. I didn't mean for it to be become a big topic of discussion but of course Metablow had to keep dragging it out. If you guessed that I didn't look at any of the links, you guessed right. Well, I did check the first one, but I don't consider youtube to be a good source. Anything can be "proven" by giving examples. If you have some stats, please feel free to post them, but I'm assuming you don't, since you threw out the 'maybe 5%, maybe 35%' comment. I have never been in a war zone area but I know it's hell, and can't say for sure what I would do in specific scenarios. That's why I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's kind of like with cops, we hear about bad ones from time to time, but overall I think they do a good job. If this is a big problem, then it will come out and we can deal with it.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:first..i focus on it? i have been following this stuff for a few years. how often do i mention anything about it? there was a lengthly thread on the old jg board on the topic. some posting vids and news similar to what i posted here, others showing the "good patriotic" soldiers doing great things for the people of iraq.

My thought is that if this is a big deal, then you should start a thread about it. I didn't mean for it to be become a big topic of discussion but of course Metablow had to keep dragging it out. If you guessed that I didn't look at any of the links, you guessed right. Well, I did check the first one, but I don't consider youtube to be a good source. Anything can be "proven" by giving examples. If you have some stats, please feel free to post them, but I'm assuming you don't, since you threw out the 'maybe 5%, maybe 35%' comment. I have never been in a war zone area but I know it's hell, and can't say for sure what I would do in specific scenarios. That's why I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. It's kind of like with cops, we hear about bad ones from time to time, but overall I think they do a good job. If this is a big problem, then it will come out and we can deal with it.

what you didnt bother looking over are actually detailed accounts and discussions with congress and to the public on said topic. glad you didnt read them tho..wouldnt want you to wind up re-thinking about what you have been blasting me for as untrue..because what i stated is well documented and proven fact. and who orchestrated it is referenced in an earlier post by me regarding the factual war documents being circulated in high level gov offices now. and that would be bush/cheney/rummy machine.

uh...who started this thread that you accuse me of hijacking? you made a comment, i made a comment. you continued it, so did i. so whine that i hijacked your thread because i happen to prove your ignorance on a horrible reality of war we should not be ignoring...after all it will support your theory that women are the root of all evil....how dare a freakin female once again allow you to showcase your determinedly stubborn lack of knowledge of facts even if the facts are placed in your hands intrnational news - Page 4 496511 lol! intrnational news - Page 4 810511
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:33 pm

floridafun wrote:wouldnt want you to wind up re-thinking about what you have been blasting me for as untrue
I never said anything you posted was untrue.

floridafun wrote:uh...who started this thread that you accuse me of hijacking?
I never accused you of hijacking anything.

Now you're just making things up. Seems pretty common around here.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 pm

you said how awful i was for saying our soldiers rape and kill and inferred it wasnt true. you thought it was disgusting i was so focused on it.

you said i should start a new thread for the topic that became extensive because you kept reponding and so did i among others....as happens in many threads.

oh..is that last post an apology? accpted! Basketball

now..can we move on the the pope comparing saving rainforests to saving heterosessual-only marriage laws? sunny santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 pm

floridafun wrote:you said how awful i was for saying our soldiers rape and kill and inferred it wasnt true. you thought it was disgusting i was so focused on it.

you said i should start a new thread for the topic that became extensive because you kept reponding and so did i among others....as happens in many threads.

oh..is that last post an apology? accpted! Basketball

now..can we move on the the pope comparing saving rainforests to saving heterosessual-only marriage laws? sunny santa
I'll just leave this long winded thread with one thought. I think I understand now why it seems like I'm always having to say "I never said that" in response to a post. The key word that you used there was inferred. You and a couple select others like to make assumptions about the meaning of my words and in the process infer the worst case scenario. Disgusting is a word you originally used, and both the choices you gave me to explain myself included the word. I guess I didn't really have to use the word in my response, but it seemed that's what you were going for. And when I suggested starting a new thread, it had nothing to do me thinking you were hijacking the thread or whatever. I was being sincere in that if you believe this is really happening more than we know and is sponsored by our government, I think it's important enough to have it's own thread and not just making a flippant remark comparing it to what the evil dictator did over there.

And sure, we can talk about whatever was said by the pope. In a new thread, of course. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:43 pm

i state a fact and you infer its a flippant remark..so that makes you accurate and anyone who infers, from context and verbal attitude, a supposed innacurate conclusion about anything you say?? fail.

i am ready to let it go too. i know i gave you some unpleasant factual reality and your mental digestion system is rather delicate and sensitive in attempting processing anything outside your comfort zone.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:08 pm

back to the ropes affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:26 am

floridafun wrote:i am ready to let it go too. i know i gave you some unpleasant factual reality and your mental digestion system is rather delicate and sensitive in attempting processing anything outside your comfort zone.

Heh Heh Heh intrnational news - Page 4 64140
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4