The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is an example of anti-Obama supporters

4 posters

Go down

Here is an example of anti-Obama supporters Empty Re: Here is an example of anti-Obama supporters

Post  floridafun Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:04 am

i would bet my next paycheck these folks actively participate in the teabagger and birther movements. i think they represent the average folks who get excited about that stuff.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Here is an example of anti-Obama supporters Empty Re: Here is an example of anti-Obama supporters

Post  Markwes Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 pm

floridafun wrote:i would bet my next paycheck these folks actively participate in the teabagger and birther movements. i think they represent the average folks who get excited about that stuff.
Yeah, you're probably right.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:36 pm

floridafun wrote:i would bet my next paycheck these folks actively participate in the teabagger and birther movements. i think they represent the average folks who get excited about that stuff.

Just like Obama would bet his next paycheck that they Cambridge Police Department acted "stupidly"...

I guess birds of a feather flock together....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:11 am

Kroman wrote:

Just like Obama would bet his next paycheck that they Cambridge Police Department acted "stupidly"...

Kroman was that your wife and you were driving the vehicle?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:15 am

They act no different than Bman and FF just the opposite side of the political spectrum. So how are the moonbats today?
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:19 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:They act no different than Bman and FF just the opposite side of the political spectrum. So how are the moonbats today?

Well thank you Scooby ... you know they did have that southern Arkansas/Louisiana draaaaw to them, so maybe there were your kin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:59 am

Bman wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:They act no different than Bman and FF just the opposite side of the political spectrum. So how are the moonbats today?

Well thank you Scooby ... you know they did have that southern Arkansas/Louisiana draaaaw to them, so maybe there were your kin.

I was born right here in Northern Indiana, just lived down south when I was in the military. No accent......sorry (well except for that mid western accent that we don't think we have).
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 am

Kroman wrote:

apparently you havent listened to the 911 tape, then read the police report. looks like acting pretty stupid to me. actually looks like there was law-breaking by the arresting officer..is that stupid? or just a little oopsie because the officer was having a bad day?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 am

floridafun wrote:...actually looks like there was law-breaking by the arresting officer..is that stupid? or just a little oopsie because the officer was having a bad day?

And what LAW would that be?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:13 am

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:

apparently you havent listened to the 911 tape, then read the police report. looks like acting pretty stupid to me. actually looks like there was law-breaking by the arresting officer..is that stupid? or just a little oopsie because the officer was having a bad day?
I have not listened to the 911 tape - didn't know it had been released - but from what I understand, a woman who was in the vicinity but did not live there called 911 and reported what appeared to be 2 men breaking into a home and stated she did know their race. I would assume the police were dispatched after the call, so I'm trying to figure out how you form an opinion of the behavior of the arresting officer from that. As for the police report, here is a link.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates1.html
Now please tell me how you get that the officer broke any laws or acted stupidly from the report.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:19 am

he lied on his police report, based on the 911 callers statements which are backed up by the 911 call. plus the police report clearly states the officer was sure gates was the homeowner, before he arrested gates for yelling at him. the law in mass does not allow for arresting someone because they are yelling at a cop. there is a history of racism from cops in the community. there was a big investigation on it last year.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/20151608/detail.html

Police supporters charge that Gates, director of Harvard's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research, was responsible for his own arrest by overreacting.

Gates' supporters cite Boston's history as a city plagued by racism as an underlying reason why this could still happen to an esteemed scholar, at midday, in his own home.

"That stain on this city -- as far as persons of color are concerned -- is a real one," television and radio commentator Callie Crossley said.

Black students and professors at Harvard have complained for years about racial profiling by Cambridge and campus police. Harvard commissioned an independent committee last year to examine the university's race relations after campus police confronted a young black man who was using tools to remove a bike lock. The man worked at Harvard and owned the bike.

Richard Weinblatt, director of the Institute for Public Safety at Central Ohio Technical College, said the police sergeant was responsible for defusing the situation once he realized Gates was the lawful occupant. It is not against the law to yell at police, especially in a home, as long as that behavior does not affect an investigation, he said.

"That is part of being a police officer in a democratic society," Weinblatt said. "The point is that the police sergeant needs to be the bigger person, take the higher road, be more professional".
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 pm

If Gates was right then he sure is singing a different tune now isn't he? So is Obama. I mean if you know you are right then stick to your guns. It's still a classic case of a person, in this case Obama, speaking out on something without knowing the full story. Same as some of the posters in this thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 pm

floridafun wrote:
Kroman wrote:

This officer sure is racist. I bet he regrets trying to rescusitate Reggie Lewis when he collapsed on the basketball court. Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Kroman wrote:I mean if you know you are right then stick to your guns.

Hey, sounds like a formula for winning every time, ya know?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:14 am

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:I mean if you know you are right then stick to your guns.

Hey, sounds like a formula for winning every time, ya know?

A concept most politicians need to adapt for sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down