The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indiana shows blue

4 posters

Go down

Indiana shows blue Empty Indiana shows blue

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:17 am

Depends on what you read, but this site shows Indiana blue for the first time this season... I think the Obama camp is reaching critical mass...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Indiana shows blue Empty Re: Indiana shows blue

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:58 pm

pez wrote:Depends on what you read, but this site shows Indiana blue for the first time this season... I think the Obama camp is reaching critical mass...

I'm starting to like this site more because under the map it shows "Presidential polls today" and when you click on Indiana, it shows a projected line in light blue on the graph. Kind of a cool element to add to a graph.

that's all I was sayin'...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm

i like that map too. i am kinda amazed by pa and oh Indiana shows blue 795451
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:01 pm

pez wrote:Depends on what you read, but this site shows Indiana blue for the first time this season... I think the Obama camp is reaching critical mass...
You have to remember too that northwest Indiana is basically a suburb of Chicago. I have no doubt that Obama will take that part of the state. So take it for what it's worth...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm

that's true, but it hasnt really made much difference in the past with Indiana... We have always been resoundingly red in the 4 presidential elections I have been elilgible to vote for.

Does anyone think McCain voters are being discouraged from voting because of the apparently insurmountable lead Obama has in opinion polls?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:15 pm

pez wrote:Does anyone think McCain voters are being discouraged from voting because of the apparently insurmountable lead Obama has in opinion polls?
To an extent, I think you're on to something. I'm not a big fan at all of early voting, but ONE DAY may not be the answer anymore either (perhaps one week?). Some say they do it to avoid the lines on Election Day. Well, I heard the other day some were standing in line for hours anyway, so what did it accomplish?

I'm also not a fan whatsoever of releasing early election results when only a small percentage of votes have been counted. I think it can lead to what you're asking and that some will think, "Eh, why should I go and vote, because it's not really going to matter anyway."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 pm

they told me at the city county bldg when i went in to vote, the early ballots are not counted early. they dont start counting until election day. when you say early results are you referencing the early vote ballots, or the trend among earliest available total counts for the locality?

why dont you like the idea of early voting? i think its great! nobody has to do it, but surely it helps the election day lines when thousands arent in line because they already voted?

all i can say about those who get discouraged by early-release vote results..they probably werent actually going to vote anyway so the way it seems to be playing out is a good excuse. drunken
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Well, there are sites like this that are already telling us how early voters have voted (of course, what they say and what they actually do could be entirely different)

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=8247ab3a-7593-421d-8100-61e6e00ebc0b

Ohio's Early Voters Give Obama A Running Head Start in Buckeye State: John McCain and Barack Obama are tied at 47% each in Ohio, among voters who have not yet cast a ballot, but who tell SurveyUSA they are certain to do so on or before election day. But, among those in Ohio who tell SurveyUSA they have already voted, Barack Obama leads by 17 points. When the two populations are combined, the data is as here reported: Obama 49%, McCain 45%. Research sponsored by WCMH-TV Columbus, WKYC-TV Cleveland and WHIO-TV Dayton. Compared to an identical SurveyUSA poll released two weeks ago, Obama is down 1 point; McCain is flat.

I'm just not a big fan of voting early. The game isn't over until Election Day. Not every card has been played. I like to vote when I know all the cards have been played. If you'll allow me a baseball reference. The Phillies lead the World Series 3 games to 1 in a best of 7 series. I'm not ready to crown the Phillies as World Champions yet. As Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over til it's over." And the last time I checked, the campaign season ain't over.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
pez wrote:Does anyone think McCain voters are being discouraged from voting because of the apparently insurmountable lead Obama has in opinion polls?
To an extent, I think you're on to something. I'm not a big fan at all of early voting, but ONE DAY may not be the answer anymore either (perhaps one week?). Some say they do it to avoid the lines on Election Day. Well, I heard the other day some were standing in line for hours anyway, so what did it accomplish?

I'm also not a fan whatsoever of releasing early election results when only a small percentage of votes have been counted. I think it can lead to what you're asking and that some will think, "Eh, why should I go and vote, because it's not really going to matter anyway."

The only excuse I can see for not voting early is being undecided. Why take a chance on something happening on election day which results in you not being able to get to the polls. Say you or a family member are ill or in the hospital. Voting early is a good thing ...

I would support a Vote Week but not eliminating early voting.

Most channels now do not release or project winners until ALL polls have closed, so what's your beef Cincy? Is it the exit polls taken that you don't like discussed on election night?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Well, there are sites like this that are already telling us how early voters have voted (of course, what they say and what they actually do could be entirely different)

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=8247ab3a-7593-421d-8100-61e6e00ebc0b

Ohio's Early Voters Give Obama A Running Head Start in Buckeye State: John McCain and Barack Obama are tied at 47% each in Ohio, among voters who have not yet cast a ballot, but who tell SurveyUSA they are certain to do so on or before election day. But, among those in Ohio who tell SurveyUSA they have already voted, Barack Obama leads by 17 points. When the two populations are combined, the data is as here reported: Obama 49%, McCain 45%. Research sponsored by WCMH-TV Columbus, WKYC-TV Cleveland and WHIO-TV Dayton. Compared to an identical SurveyUSA poll released two weeks ago, Obama is down 1 point; McCain is flat.

I'm just not a big fan of voting early. The game isn't over until Election Day. Not every card has been played. I like to vote when I know all the cards have been played. If you'll allow me a baseball reference. The Phillies lead the World Series 3 games to 1 in a best of 7 series. I'm not ready to crown the Phillies as World Champions yet. As Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over til it's over." And the last time I checked, the campaign season ain't over.

Well then you are undecided, so don't vote early. I am DECIDED ... I have a right to cast my vote now per many states.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Bman wrote:Most channels now do not release or project winners until ALL polls have closed, so what's your beef Cincy? Is it the exit polls taken that you don't like discussed on election night?
Yeah, you could say that.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:25 pm

I know it's not Indiana but some were lamenting about early voting.

Clayton County Voters Stand In 12-Hour Lines
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17819448/detail.html

Probably will be alot of short lines on the 4th then. Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:52 pm

LTRT wrote:I know it's not Indiana but some were lamenting about early voting.

Clayton County Voters Stand In 12-Hour Lines
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/17819448/detail.html

Probably will be alot of short lines on the 4th then. Smile
What's minimum wage? Around $7/hour? That's an $84 vote there. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:23 pm

People must be understanding how important their vote is this season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down