The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barack Obama's Pastor

4 posters

Go down

Barack Obama's Pastor Empty Barack Obama's Pastor

Post  Guest Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:50 am

ok, I can't believe no one has started this thread. Do I agree with what Pastor has said over the years, heck no. But like Jonathan Alter said the other night what Pastor Wright has said is no less inflamatory than what Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson have said before. I think Pastor Wright is going to cost Barack Obama the White House and probably the democratic nomination but not sure if that is fair or not, but it is reality.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama's Pastor Empty Re: Barack Obama's Pastor

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:43 pm

He's a clown just like the outfits he wears jocolor
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:21 pm

My problem is geez no one can say anything anymore. I am waiting for one of the candidates paperboy to be found out he is a skin head and the candidate is going to be asked why he hasn't stopped his subscription yet.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:28 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:My problem is geez no one can say anything anymore. I am waiting for one of the candidates paperboy to be found out he is a skin head and the candidate is going to be asked why he hasn't stopped his subscription yet.

Good one Scooby ... lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Barack Obama's Pastor Empty Pastors against Obama

Post  LTRT Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 am

Obama's a "mac daddy" lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuu-RhOBDU

LOL, Rush has this on his show, sure to be news at 11 now
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Taken in, taken in again
Wrapped around the finger of some fair-weather friend
Caught up in the promises, left out in the end
No pride, taken for a ride
You say I'm the only one when I look in your eyes
I want to believe you but you know how to lie ~mike and the mechanics
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Barack Obama's Pastor Theocr10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:37 pm

I don't think we've had a president who attended Jerry or Pat's service every week have we? I see your point, but that to me is the difference. He's been listening to this man for 20 years now? Didn't at any point stop and think, hey, this guy is a little off target here.

If Obama had any experience, he could offset this little speed bump, but since he's based his campaign entirely on hope, this is a mountain, not a bump. He wants everyone to vote for him because of what he hopes to do, yet he can't get up and find a new church after his pastor wants death to whitey.

My biggest issue with Obama is that in order for him to stay there that long he either agrees with him, or can't put two and two together to realize how bad this looks. Reverse the skin colors, if McCain attended a church talking about how the black man is the devil, would be even be considered for public office anywhere outside of the deep south? That'd be a no.

What's great though, he could show up with more delegates and more votes than Hillary at the convention. Which would result in a split party, which would result in President John McCain. To me he's the lesser of 3 evils. I don't care for his immigration amnesty, but he's starting to get educated on what a conservative economic policy should be, which is good in my opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:09 pm

this is what i put on the other board earlier today--

with the silly attention still being under constant scrutney regatding rev wright, i was pleased to see somebody took the time to review and provide more about the sermon faux news introduced to the public. it just doesnt sound so radical and full of hatred or bigotry when its actually the whole picture instead of faux michael moore-esque method of taking a few words here and there with the intent to inflame white america. i look forward to research of his other speeches/sermons. no doubt they will show just how fox slices and dices things to fit what they want to present as to opposed to being FAIR AND BALANCED as they hope to convince folks!!

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/21/the-full-story-behind-rev-jeremiah-wrights-911-sermon/

CNN Contributor Roland Martin has listened to several of the sermons of Rev. Jeremiah Wright from Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. Portions of the sermons have been excerpted in recent stories.

As this whole sordid episode regarding the sermons of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright has played out over the last week, I wanted to understand what he ACTUALLY said in this speech. I’ve been saying all week on CNN that context is important, and I just wanted to know what the heck is going on.

I have now actually listened to the sermon Rev. Wright gave after September 11 titled, “The Day of Jerusalem’s Fall.” It was delivered on Sept. 16, 2001.

One of the most controversial statements in this sermon was when he mentioned “chickens coming home to roost.” He was actually quoting Edward Peck, former U.S. Ambassador to Iraq and deputy director of President Reagan’s terrorism task force, who was speaking on FOX News. That’s what he told the congregation.

He was quoting Peck as saying that America’s foreign policy has put the nation in peril:

“I heard Ambassador Peck on an interview yesterday did anybody else see or hear him? He was on FOX News, this is a white man, and he was upsetting the FOX News commentators to no end, he pointed out, a white man, an ambassador, he pointed out that what Malcolm X said when he was silenced by Elijah Mohammad was in fact true, he said Americas chickens, are coming home to roost.”

“We took this country by terror away from the Sioux, the Apache, Arikara, the Comanche, the Arapaho, the Navajo. Terrorism.

“We took Africans away from their country to build our way of ease and kept them enslaved and living in fear. Terrorism.

“We bombed Grenada and killed innocent civilians, babies, non-military personnel.

“We bombed the black civilian community of Panama with stealth bombers and killed unarmed teenage and toddlers, pregnant mothers and hard working fathers.

“We bombed Qaddafi’s home, and killed his child. Blessed are they who bash your children’s head against the rock.

“We bombed Iraq. We killed unarmed civilians trying to make a living. We bombed a plant in Sudan to pay back for the attack on our embassy, killed hundreds of hard working people, mothers and fathers who left home to go that day not knowing that they’d never get back home.

“We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.

“Kids playing in the playground. Mothers picking up children after school. Civilians, not soldiers, people just trying to make it day by day.

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff that we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.

“Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that y’all, not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people we have wounded don’t have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that.”

He went on to describe seeing the photos of the aftermath of 9/11 because he was in Newark, N.J., when the planes struck. After turning on the TV and seeing the second plane slam into one of the twin towers, he spoke passionately about what if you never got a chance to say hello to your family again.

“What is the state of your family?” he asked.

And then he told his congregation that he loved them and asked the church to tell each other they loved themselves.

His sermon thesis:

1. This is a time for self-examination of ourselves and our families.

2. This is a time for social transformation (then he went on to say they won’t put me on PBS or national cable for what I’m about to say. Talk about prophetic!)

“We have got to change the way we have been doing things as a society,” he said.

Wright then said we can’t stop messing over people and thinking they can’t touch us. He said we may need to declare war on racism, injustice, and greed, instead of war on other countries.

“Maybe we need to declare war on AIDS. In five minutes the Congress found $40 billion to rebuild New York and the families that died in sudden death, do you think we can find the money to make medicine available for people who are dying a slow death? Maybe we need to declare war on the nation’s healthcare system that leaves the nation’s poor with no health coverage? Maybe we need to declare war on the mishandled educational system and provide quality education for everybody, every citizen, based on their ability to learn, not their ability to pay. This is a time for social transformation.”

3. This is time to tell God thank you for all that he has provided and that he gave him and others another chance to do His will.

By the way, nowhere in this sermon did he said “God damn America.” I’m not sure which sermon that came from.

This doesn’t explain anything away, nor does it absolve Wright of using the N-word, but what it does do is add an accurate perspective to this conversation.

The point that I have always made as a journalist is that our job is to seek the truth, and not the partial truth.

I am also listening to the other sermons delivered by Rev. Wright that have been the subject of controversy.

And let me be clear: Where I believe he was wrong and not justified in what he said based upon the facts, I will say so. But where the facts support his argument, that will also be said.

So stay tuned.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:04 am

Here's the problem with most of those examples....

Indians.. yes.. we did kill them and take their land, and we've been trying to make up for that because of guilt.

Slaves, again, true, and also something that America has been attempting to make up for ever since, but this is also left out.

Grenada was an example of a country that was taken over by a warlord during the cold war and there were other nations that joined in the assault against them. The ending result was a country that had a government for them put in place. I'm sure innocent people died in the invasion, but I'm also sure innocent people were killed before the invasion by their own people.

In Panama.. I think Bush Sr was pissed about something and wanted a fight.

Libya was bombed because of their support for terrorism, which is the same reason we went into Afghanistan.

The rest are the same.. pointing out that people die.. yes.. we know this. And the American public jumps all over these incidents. I did enjoy the inputting of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.. most people feel bad about the effects of the nuke's, but if we had to do it over versus making a land attack, I'm suspect most American's would do it over.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:53 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:My biggest issue with Obama is that in order for him to stay there that long he either agrees with him, or can't put two and two together to realize how bad this looks. Reverse the skin colors, if McCain attended a church talking about how the black man is the devil, would be even be considered for public office anywhere outside of the deep south? That'd be a no.

I agree it looks bad. My first thought was this is more mudslinging. But you are right. You don't listen to someone's sermons for 20 years without having some level of agreement. He had to play the "I don't agree with him but I agree with his passion" card to try to spin it. And if you add other incidents like when he stopped the American flag lapel (much to the joy of key Al Qaeda members), no hand over his heart during the national anthem, and Michelle not being proud of America until now, it really makes me question him. None of those incidents by themselves are earth shattering, but they add up.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:13 pm

I agree.. they add up.. and most of them are taken out of context, but that doesn't help. The picture of him without his hand over his heart, there are numerous others with him WITH his hand over his heart. And I'll be the first to admit, I never put my hand over my heart, I always take my hat off, and if someone is around me with their hat on, i'll probably ask them to remove it, but that's it. To me the hand over the heart always seemed like a childish act, I never really understood it's meaning.

His wife is just an idiot. That's all there is to it, to say for the first time in her adult life she's proud to be an American is just an insult to everyone before her. It's about as intelligent at Theresa Heinz-(I'll insert "Kerry" for the election then take it off after he loses) commenting that Laura Bush can't comment on jobs because she's never had one, only to find out she use to be a teacher. It's dumb, there's no way to 'splain it.

I haven't seen the lapel issue.. but honestly, I'd never wear one, I think they are dumb. Of course, this is also why I'd have a strong opposition should I ever run for office, I'd have no problem telling someone their lapel pin is gay, then I'd get all the libs after me. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down