The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry.

+2
floridafun
LTRT
6 posters

Go down

OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry. Empty OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry.

Post  Guest Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:55 pm

I sincerely apologize for being snarky snippy and bitchy lately. I've stayed away hoping it would pass. I know you guys are pretty bright overall with your own predisposition toward your own world views. It just seems like things are so complex out there yet in every thread we seem to attack these issues in a vacuum. In any case, I'll try to be better or stay awhile til I am less bitchy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry. Empty Re: OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry.

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 pm

Apology accepted, but seriously never thought anything was over the top. But the fact that you humbled yourself and posted about it says alot. We will continue to look forward to your comments.

(snarky), I like that one, don't hear that much.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:03 am

""It just seems like things are so complex out there yet in every thread we seem to attack these issues in a vacuum."" ??? do we? i think we are all generally pretty vocal and tend to view things from a personal stance plus a larger picture stance and care alot about alot of topics here whether we agree or not. but i guess one who is in a vaccuum doesnt realize it? drunken

i woulda thunk it doubtful anyone here takes comments particularly personally if any of us get uh...outspoken or irate or frustrated. or gives any comments posted a whole lotta thought except when they are logged into the site. but apparently card would disagree with me on that too. if you take a break i hope you will still pop in and join the talk now and then! confused OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry. 638766
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:34 am

Vis wrote:I sincerely apologize for being snarky snippy and bitchy lately. I've stayed away hoping it would pass. I know you guys are pretty bright overall with your own predisposition toward your own world views. It just seems like things are so complex out there yet in every thread we seem to attack these issues in a vacuum. In any case, I'll try to be better or stay awhile til I am less bitchy.

Vis, everyone in here is snarky at times ... yes, even me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:04 am

Vis wrote: I know you guys are pretty bright overall with your own predisposition toward your own world views.

I like the "pretty bright overall" comment. I am, admittedly, perhaps reading too much into that, but it gave me a chuckle. Thanks, Vis, and don't stay away. The beauty of a message board is that no one HAS to read it, so if you're too ornery, I'll just ignore your posts. (haven't noticed that, BTW, but I don't have as much time to post as I used to.)

Stick around -- maybe if you vent here, you'll be less bitchy. Or, at least you'll have more fun while being so.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:18 am

What I keep in mind while reading "The Board" is,
"Opinion's, everyone has one and that is all this is, an opinion"
With that in mind, I rarely am sparked, angered, etc by anything written here.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:27 am

Bless you. Now go in peace.

I just got done reading GM's 'mea culpa' article in the NYT. I'm pretty sure this was their fault.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhh Vis cheers

Its just an opinion Dude

T think everyone here is a great bunch when it comes to different view's on the same subject.

Look at it this way lets use a statue in the middle of a public square...just for an example cat

Lets say we have all the members stand around it in a circle ( no singing please).

I ask each member to describe the statue......

Each member comes up with a different description cheers santa well except Bman he still doesn't get it No

It would be the same if I sent each and everyone of you into a room with the same bible... no one would come out interpreting it the same way!

So don't sweat it we are just people looking at the world and trying our best to understand it and live with it.

I have looked at things different from reading other's thoughts on things

which is great for the soul and the mind

So relax dude we don't give a cat's ass anyway OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry. 649139

Last edited by Mort on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I frckin want to!)
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:20 pm

What'd I miss? Vis lay the smack down on someone???

Vis, please dont go, all the plants are gonna die!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:

I like the "pretty bright overall" comment. I am, admittedly, perhaps reading too much into that, but it gave me a chuckle.

Um, that doesn't read as well as I 'd hoped and it wasn't meant as a backhanded insult Very Happy We are a small group that posts about a lot of topics and as a group the posts are insightful and well thought out. While posting a snaky response I did a gut check and thought: "why am I being a prick, I just disagree with their position, these people are not idiots, I am simply looking at the situation from my own worldview the same as them" so anyway, I hope the explanation didn't make it worse No
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Vis wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:

I like the "pretty bright overall" comment. I am, admittedly, perhaps reading too much into that, but it gave me a chuckle.

Um, that doesn't read as well as I 'd hoped and it wasn't meant as a backhanded insult Very Happy We are a small group that posts about a lot of topics and as a group the posts are insightful and well thought out. While posting a snaky response I did a gut check and thought: "why am I being a prick, I just disagree with their position, these people are not idiots, I am simply looking at the situation from my own worldview the same as them" so anyway, I hope the explanation didn't make it worse No

I'm trying to find the snarky comment... I know for certain that I'm an idiot, but I am smart enough to realize this, so your "overall" comment didnt ruffle my feathers (much). I'm still trying to find the prick post, damn the search feature. There's only been one person on this board who has ever actually offended me.... If you go through a quick process of elimination, you will know it's not you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 pm

pez wrote:
I'm still trying to find the prick post, damn the search feature.

YES. Damn it. Damn it to hell. OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry. 396424

Vis, if you want to do some penance, fix/improve the (damn) search feature. Cool OFF TOPIC but I'm sorry. 64140
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:58 pm

pez wrote:There's only been one person on this board who has ever actually offended me.... If you go through a quick process of elimination, you will know it's not you.
(talking to myself) Must think. Come on man, think, who could it be.... What a Face
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:52 pm

shit i wont be able to sleep tonite because i will be rereading every post here to find vis being snarky LOL!!! and vis your punishment is...you have to stay affraid
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down