The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school

4 posters

Go down

Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school Empty Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 am

http://www.wlwt.com/news/17286800/detail.html

I agree with the superintendant on this. Leave the uniforms for the event, but wear appropriate clothing in the classroom. And it's not like they're saying the cheerleader can't wear their cheer outfit in the classroom, they just have to put it over a t-shirt or long shorts, etc.

I seriously doubt you want to see the swim team in their "uniforms" in the classrooms or even the wrestlers for that matter. So why should the cheerleaders feel they're entitled to ignore the rules?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school Empty Re: Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:28 am

I don't see a problem with it.. at HHS the Cheerleaders wore their outfits every Friday during football season, in the summer it was the outfits they wore on the track, as it got colder they'd just wear the tops with long pants or something to that effect because it was cold.

The football team wore their jerseys and camo pants. No one else really did much, for track we wore tie's the day of meets not sure if the basketball team did anything or not.

The swim team would sport Mohawks or other odd haircuts the day of state or whatever was big before state (sorry, didn't follow it). That was more of a distraction than a cheerleader outfit.

Distractions are really only made when someone points them out, or if they are completely out of the norm. A cheerleading outfit isn't out of the norm. If I were captain I'd get the other girls to either wear shirts that told the administration to eff-off or do something at the game to convey how dumb this ban is.

It's a sleevless shirt and a skirt with a bloomer. You can't see anything more than if you were at the game and the girl is flying in the air with her legs spread eagle.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school Empty Re: Cheerleading outfits hot topic at an Ohio school

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:34 am

Yeah, the whole "cheerleader top over a t-shirt" is a bit much, that much I agree on. Still, if the school is going to have a dress code policy, it should be followed regardless if it's a cheerleader outfit or not. I would think it would be funny though if a bunch of guys showed up in cheerleading outfits just to see what kind of reaction there would be... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:46 am

I just wonder how bad the outfits will look next year when they have length appropriate skirts to cheer in.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:47 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Yeah, the whole "cheerleader top over a t-shirt" is a bit much, that much I agree on. Still, if the school is going to have a dress code policy, it should be followed regardless if it's a cheerleader outfit or not. I would think it would be funny though if a bunch of guys showed up in cheerleading outfits just to see what kind of reaction there would be... Laughing

We had a dress code policy of no shorts after a certain time of the year, but girls could wear skirts. So what did a bunch of my friends do? Wear scottish kilts to school. It was an amusing day.

I really never cared what the cheerleaders wore. They were a bunch of uptight bitches that I usually wished would just get hit by a bus anyways.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:50 am

just a thought.. shouldn't the school be reprimanded for issuing outfits that violate the school dress code?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:53 am

I can understand the school's stance, but it was dumb to bring it up and cast all this unwanted attention on the school. As part of a homeowner's association board, I have learned that it's best to respond to complaints rather than seek out violations. If someone is complaining about the skirts, or complaining that the cheerleaders are getting special treatment, then it would be more understandable.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am

cardinal5150 wrote:just a thought.. shouldn't the school be reprimanded for issuing outfits that violate the school dress code?

lol. I always wondered that myself.

We had a big fight over t-shirt content. Kids would wear Manson, metal, and other shirts, and get in trouble. But the FCA kids with stuff about god all over their shirts were ok. We pretty much forced the administration to stop censoring otherwise they'd have to actually enforce all shirts of questionable content.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:27 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:just a thought.. shouldn't the school be reprimanded for issuing outfits that violate the school dress code?

lol. I always wondered that myself.

We had a big fight over t-shirt content. Kids would wear Manson, metal, and other shirts, and get in trouble. But the FCA kids with stuff about god all over their shirts were ok. We pretty much forced the administration to stop censoring otherwise they'd have to actually enforce all shirts of questionable content.

I remember those complaints.. back when people thought Manson would curve your spine and turn you into a vampire.. HHS just let it slide as long as it was nothing vulgar.

I'm beginning to think Homestead is actually one of the more liberal schools around after working with more and more of them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:35 pm

This thread is pointless without photos.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:47 pm

but the uniforms ARE educational...part of every good business plan is...it pays to advertise sunny
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down