The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat Empty Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat
No Experience Needed
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat Empty Re: Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:02 pm

old news lol to the site running a breaking news banner, but out of curiosity, how much experience does one normally have when elected? (I know she'd be appointed but we're talking experience). I'll go out on a limb and imagine she has more insight than many and obviously well connected. You realize that seats are often passed to spouses to finish a term. And, they often get re-elected being the incumbrent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat Empty Re: Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:05 pm

BTW Fran Drescher has expressed interest too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Well, California does have the Governator, and I doubt he had much prior political experience - sans being married to Maria Shriver.

And Clint Eastwood was the mayor of a small town 20+ years ago. Sonny Bono was too.

Seems prior political experience isn't necessarily a common thing...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:26 pm

LTRT wrote:Caroline Kennedy to seek Clinton's Senate seat
No Experience Needed

If a republican has handing the seat off to a Reagan child it would be fine for LTRT ... being a blue blood liberal Kennedy gets mocked by him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Bman wrote:
No Experience Needed

If a republican has handing the seat off to a Reagan child it would be fine for LTRT ... being a blue blood liberal Kennedy gets mocked by him.
Would GW have gotten where he was without his dad? Would Hillary have gotten a Senate seat if not for her husband? We are getting more and more toward an aristocracy in this country. You can't tell me that out of the millions of New Yorkers, there isn't a better choice for this.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Bman wrote:
No Experience Needed

There you go assuming things again. By labeling the link, I was merely stating the facts. Just call me Joe Friday Very Happy

Last edited by LTRT on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:07 pm

I don't have a dog in this fight but just curious what makes you think she's a bad choice?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:43 pm

I really have no idea whether or not she would be a good choice since we know very little about her. It will be interesting to see if the media resorts to tough questioning like they did against Sarah Palin.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:47 pm

imagine sonny bono as your mayor...

of course this hinges on whether hillary is confirmed..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:53 pm

Markwes wrote:I really have no idea whether or not she would be a good choice since we know very little about her. It will be interesting to see if the media resorts to tough questioning like they did against Sarah Palin.

OK.. Really no contest there. and what does the media have to do with it? HUGE difference between Jr. Senator form New York and Vice President. Of course she'll have to overcome that whole Chappaquiddick issue but if I'm not mistaken, it has been established by her 2nd grade teacher that she was in deed in class that afternoon.

Other than the general curiosity of the whole thing I don't really understand why people are even concerned about this. Yes Senators make decisions that affect us all but we NEVER have a say in what Senator each state elects. Just curious why this is even an issue for you or anyone not from New York. I'm pretty sure if the people of New York were opposed and made it known; there is no way she'd be appointed and if she was, she'd be out in no time. Whoever gets it basically has a few months to do something and then must start campaigning for re-election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:56 pm

floridafun wrote:imagine sonny bono as your mayor...

of course this hinges on whether hillary is confirmed..
She'll be confirmed..

Sonny rocked!! he was fucking brilliant and did such a good job he was elected to represent even more people.. He's an easy target but was an awesome public official and had MAJOR BALLS to do the right thing. Damn tree!!!! They even took his wife for awhile hoping that he rubbed off on her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm

Markwes wrote:I really have no idea whether or not she would be a good choice since we know very little about her. It will be interesting to see if the media resorts to tough questioning like they did against Sarah Palin.

I will lay odds that putting Caroline at a podium and Sarah at the other podium that Caroline will totally out perform both stylistically and intellectually Sarah.

I am forming Allen County Democrats for Sarah ... accepting new members.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Bman wrote:I am forming Allen County Democrats for Sarah ... accepting new members.
What about Allen County Democrats for Caroline? Then you could just refer to yourselves as ACDC. Somehow that has a nice ring to it... jocolor
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:I am forming Allen County Democrats for Sarah ... accepting new members.
What about Allen County Democrats for Caroline? Then you could just refer to yourselves as ACDC. Somehow that has a nice ring to it... jocolor

Hey now, we've already got one Corny Jokes thread. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:32 am

i doubt that evil ole gotcha media that asks such stupid questions rather than just letting someone repeat their fine-tuned memorized 5 talking points will ever cause caroline to stammer and evade a question or promise to get back to katie with proof of what she insists is fact. things we already know about both:

one can actually, seemingly without any struggle, construct a sentence which not only is coherent but is also a response to a question asked. and ya know by golly whereas when putin rears his head it isnt sarah.

one knows quite a bit about politics by way of family associations and probably could actually rattle off several news sources she reads regularly without blinking. and say it isnt so joe by golly that gotcha media wont hurt caroline nearly like it did poor victim sarah.

one has class, intelligence, education, connections, and much public speaking experience as she considers her run--all of which rightly or wrongly do make some degree of impression far as professional capability goes. no need to say which one isnt blessed by the lord with having had any of those doors opened for her as yet, altho she is constantly praying that god not let her miss any doors that might be open.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 am

unlike some, i just dont think of violent ways i would like to teach anyone a lesson. sunny

edit---

fyi---uhh this was in response to a new post asking wouldnt you like to just reach thru the tv and smack that smile off her face..i dont see the post now but when i submitted mine it popped up as having been added while i was writing my post...
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:55 am

Vis wrote:

OK.. Really no contest there. and what does the media have to do with it? HUGE difference between Jr. Senator form New York and Vice President. Of course she'll have to overcome that whole Chappaquiddick issue but if I'm not mistaken, it has been established by her 2nd grade teacher that she was in deed in class that afternoon.

Other than the general curiosity of the whole thing I don't really understand why people are even concerned about this. Yes Senators make decisions that affect us all but we NEVER have a say in what Senator each state elects. Just curious why this is even an issue for you or anyone not from New York. I'm pretty sure if the people of New York were opposed and made it known; there is no way she'd be appointed and if she was, she'd be out in no time. Whoever gets it basically has a few months to do something and then must start campaigning for re-election.
Yes, there is huge difference between the two. The junior senator does a lot more work. Very Happy

You're right in that this shouldn't be an issue for me, and it isn't. Just discussing it, that's all.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:06 pm

Markwes wrote:
Yes, there is huge difference between the two. The junior senator does a lot more work. Very Happy

You're right in that this shouldn't be an issue for me, and it isn't. Just discussing it, that's all.

OK then, carry on!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:58 pm

IT'S SEN. CAROLINE: LIKE IT OR NOT!
Wed Dec 17 2008 19:45:45 ET

When a powerful labor leader picked up the phone this week, he was surprised to hear the voice of a top aide to New York City Mayor Bloomberg. The aide made it clear: Caroline Kennedy [lose the Schlossberg] is going to be senator, "so get on board now!"

Buttons are being pushed and strings pulled by the mayor, the NEW YORK TIMES plans to front on Thursday.

The involvement has helped immediately elevate and coordinate the debut of Kennedy, who lacked an experienced political staff of her own.

But now, it is setting off an intense backlash among Democrats.

Ah, the world of politics...isn't it great.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:08 am

i keep reading notations in articles about this exciting drama filled backlash which i find very little actual documentation of... pirat
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:30 pm

CAROLINE KENNEDY ENDS SENATE SEAT BID
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01212009/news/politics/caroline_kennedy_ends_senate_seat_bid_151234.htm

Caroline Kennedy tonight withdrew her name from consideration to replace Hillary Clinton in the U.S. Senate after learning that Gov. David Paterson wasn't going to choose her, The Post has learned.

Wonder which story we should believe considering they ran with this just the other day:

CAROLINE THE 'CERTAIN' PICK FOR DAVE: RIVALS
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01192009/news/columnists/caroline_the_certain_pick_for_dave__riva_150822.htm

DESPITE claims that he's still undecided, Gov. Paterson is "certain" to pick Caroline Kennedy to replace Hillary Rodham Clinton in the US Senate, several unhappy contenders for the job have told friends and associates in recent days.

Gotta love the media..... Rolling Eyes
Now the other outlets are picking up on her withdraw, so I guess they got it right the 2nd time around.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 am

i would bet she will use her "off time" wisely and do some serious resume' building with political appearances/speaking engagements so who she is and how she thinks are better known overall.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:38 am

For some reason she didn't want to answer financial questions

At any rate she withdrew her nomination
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:43 am

Ya know, her withdrawal really doesn't effect me, ya know? So, ya know, I could really care less, ya know, what she does next, ya know?

(and just in case, ya know, you're wondering, here's the explanation...)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next