The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Bowl

+2
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Super Bowl Empty Super Bowl

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Okay, so we can say "Arizona Cardinals" and "Super Bowl" in the same sentence and not get laughed at. So, two-part question...

Who do you WANT to win the Super Bowl, and who do you THINK will win the Super Bowl?

I want the Cardinals to win, but I think the steelers will win.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl Empty Re: Super Bowl

Post  LTRT Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I want the Cardinals to win, but I think the steelers will win.

Same here...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Yup. Steelers D is pretty good. When Warner gets pressured, he's not as good. I hope Edge tears it up and I'm developing a man-crush on Larry Fitz.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:56 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Yup. Steelers D is pretty good. When Warner gets pressured, he's not as good. I hope Edge tears it up and I'm developing a man-crush on Larry Fitz.

Sweet, next you will be putting an Obama 2012 magnet on your vehicle, who knows where it will go after that. Baby steps ... baby steps.

lol

I agree ... Steelers win, Cardinals get blown out but I too hope the Cards win. Heck, McCain got pasted in November, Arizona deserves something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:59 pm

Bman wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Sweet, next you will be putting an Obama 2012 magnet on your vehicle, who knows where it will go after that. Baby steps ... baby steps.

lol

I agree ... Steelers win, Cardinals get blown out but I too hope the Cards win. Heck, McCain got pasted in November, Arizona deserves something.

Fixed...no politics in the sports thread. Super Bowl 864173 Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:13 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

lol

Fixed...no politics in the sports thread. Super Bowl 864173 Very Happy

Unless it is the congressional hearings doing away with the BCS making way for a college playoff system.

Love to see the Cardinals win, but got to believe it will be the Steelers especially with that defense.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl Empty SuperBowl Commercials (VIDEOS)

Post  iberlingirl Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Incase ya missed them:

WATCH HERE
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:21 am

A really good game. Closer than what I thought it would be. Warner's arm was going forward and should have been an incomplete pass.

Oh and the commercials sucked this year compared to previous years.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:28 am

Yeah it really was a good game. I still f'in HATE the squeelers. The ONLY, and I do mean ONLY good thing about them winning, was the fact that Santonio Holmes of THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY made the winning catch.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 am

I was disappointed with Harrison last night. Great play w/the 100-yard return, but the one foul I saw called on him was pretty flagrant and bad sportsmanship. (I drifted in and out of the 4th quarter.) yeah, yeah, I know "heat of the moment" and all that, but still.............

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:21 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:I was disappointed with Harrison last night. Great play w/the 100-yard return, but the one foul I saw called on him was pretty flagrant and bad sportsmanship. (I drifted in and out of the 4th quarter.) yeah, yeah, I know "heat of the moment" and all that, but still.............
I know the play you mean, and couldn't agree more. That was a downright dirty play and should have got him ejected from the game. Plays like that are just the tip of the iceberg of why I HATE that team. Who knows, this guy could have been the Super Bowl MVP (due to the INT returned for 100 yard TD) but that dirty play may have changed people's minds, although it's hard to argue with the performances of Roethlisberger and Holmes.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:35 am

I was generally doing other stuff while the game was on, returning to the living room when the commercials came on. That 100 yard return was pretty awesome. I don't care about either team, so we were rooting for both teams when they were going for a TD.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:50 pm

I found it quite odd that NBC had Matt Millen as one of their in-studio "experts." Really? It's the same Matt Millen who was recently fired by the Detroit Lions after successfully running that program into the ground. Was Ryan Leaf not available???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:53 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I found it quite odd that NBC had Matt Millen as one of their in-studio "experts." Really? It's the same Matt Millen who was recently fired by the Detroit Lions after successfully running that program into the ground. Was Ryan Leaf not available???

Millen was also part of NBC's analyst team during the playoffs. He's actually not too bad behind a desk with a camera in front of him. It is kind of ironic though that they guy who got fired from the worst team in the history of the NFL is an analyst for the playoffs/superbowl though.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:34 am

Anonymous

Back to top Go down